OK guys, its NAME is Exit Glacier

AKman2495

This from todays paper:

A tourist in Seward was asking "Where is the glacier". He said there were lots of signs that said "Exit Glacier" but he couldn't find any that said "Enter Glacier".......:confused:

Good one. I was in line once, in Juneau, picking up a car, when a customer was asking how long it would take to drive the "Marine Highway" to Skagway. The owner was very patient, but the customer kept insisting it was on the "map" and he wanted to go there. Didn't quite get the water problem. :)

Good one. I was in line once, in Juneau, picking up a car, when a customer was asking how long it would take to drive the "Marine Highway" to Skagway. The owner was very patient, but the customer kept insisting it was on the "map" and he wanted to go there. Didn't quite get the water problem. :)

There is a reason I don;t work with tourists on a regular basis. I would has said, well, if you really want to, just drive to the end of the pier and keep your windows up when you hit the water.....;)

Here's another one to make your smile. About a month ago my brother and I were on the shuttle bus at Denali. As we approached the Eielson Visitor Center, someone in the front of the bus asked if we were coming back on the same road :)

There's another thread on Seward on this board where someone refers to the "Index Glacier" while someone else calls the town "Steward". I hope it's just a series of typos :)

There's another thread on Seward on this board where someone refers to the "Index Glacier" while someone else calls the town

I'll fess up. That was me. Sometimes my brain retrieves the wrong word. I don't know where "Index" came from. Maybe Mount Index in the Cascades.

I heard a good one on the Golden Princess last week. Someone was talking about the great time they had exploring the Pike's Peak Market in Seattle. It made me smile.

I heard a good one on the Golden Princess last week. Someone was talking about the great time they had exploring the Pike's Peak Market in Seattle. It made me smile.

I read that also and just burst out laughing!!:confused:

It's amazing how many ways people seem to mangle "Pike Place Market"! :D

It never ceases to amaze me how so many Americans have no concept of geography. I wish I could blame it on the younger generation, but, overheard an older couple on a recent cruise comment on why they were going to St Maarten twice.... Their ports included Martinique and St Maarten, sad example of our American education system!

It never ceases to amaze me how so many Americans have no concept of geography.

We did an extended RV trip around the lower 48 one year. There were many from the US who thought we were from Canada due to our Alaska license plates.

We did an extended RV trip around the lower 48 one year. There were many from the US who thought we were from Canada due to our Alaska license plates.

We spent some time in Australia last December following a cruise from Honolulu to Sydney. A surprising number of Aussies in general and front desk hotel employees in particular thought we were Canadian!

It never ceases to amaze me how so many Americans have no concept of geography. I wish I could blame it on the younger generation, but, overheard an older couple on a recent cruise comment on why they were going to St Maarten twice.... Their ports included Martinique and St Maarten, sad example of our American education system!

I teach geography and get more frustrated every year. There is such a lack of knowledge on a subject that so many view as irrelevant. Sad!

I was talking to Coastal Helos in Juneau about the helo tours. They said they went to Herbert Glacier. I said oh that is neat because latter our ship will go there. After looking at some maps I found out that the ship really goes to Hubbard Glacier about 250 miles away.

I was talking to Costal Helos in Juneau about the helo tours. They said they went to Herbert Glacier. I said oh that is neat because latter our ship will go there. After looking at some maps I found out that the ship really goes to Hubbard Glacier about 250 miles away.

Herbert and Hubbard are two indeed two separate glaciers. Herbert Glacier is part of the Juneau Icefield and often visited by helicopter tours. Hubbard Glacier flows from the Wrangell-St.Elias Mountain range and is only accessible from Yakutat (on the Alaska coast) or cruise ship.;)

Archived