Question on Sea Glass Beach

royal girl

We will be in Bermuda next week on a cruise docking at Kings Wharf. :p

Reading the posts on Sea Glass Beach... is this a beach where you can lay on the beach and enjoy the water? Or is it just a small beach to get the sea glass??

Reading the posts on Sea Glass Beach... is this a beach where you can lay on the beach and enjoy the water? Or is it just a small beach to get the sea glass??

Just came back from our cruise & stopped there. Definately not a lay out on sand beach!! Very small patch of sand which was covered with sea glass & some not so yet tumbled glass. Very different, but not a beach in the sense you are thinking.

Hi Royal,

Although the seaglass beach is not a rest-on-the sand beach, there is a nice, although rather small beach just two minutes walk further down. It's called Black Bay, and if you look at the map here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1441854

you'll see you don't even have to go on the road to get there - it's at the extreme left hand side of the map.

It's got a little bit of sand, quite sheltered and some benches for sitting off.

Have Fun!

The latter, not the former. A pic is worth quite a few words:

sea-glass-beach-royal-dockyard.jpg

SBtS

I have never been to the Bahamas, but would love to add to my beach glass collection. I am not sure where the beach you have been talking about is located? I will be cruiseing to Freeport & Nassau. I don't know if all the cruiselines dock at the same location or not. but I will be on Carnival.. is this the place you mentioned, or maybe I can find glass in these places too :)

thunter1224, sorry to disappoint you but you won't find this particular beach on your cruise to the Bahamas. This particular beach is located in Bermuda.

Try posting on the Bahamas board and see if someone there can advise you on the best place to collect beach glass. If I remember right from when I was researching my cruise to Nassau, there is a Bahamian resident who goes by the username scubagirl who can probably point you in the right direction!

Enjoy your cruise to the Bahamas. Maybe next cruise, you'll come visit us here in Bermuda and add some Bermuda sea glass to your collection.

• 3 weeks later...

You can just take the pieces that you like.... Just don't make like an "Ugly American" and be 'piggy'.... A baggy or two, fine. Filling a big basket, not so good... Look at it like you want to save some for the other tourists visiting in future years....

• 1 month later...
Where is this beach and what's the best way to get there from where the ships dock? I love the picture and would like to get a few pieces.

The sea glass beach is near the Royal Naval Dockyard, where most ships coming to Bermuda dock. Read post #3 on this thread and click on the link. It will take you to a long thread including maps, directions, etc.

As stated above the Sea Glass Beach is within walking distance from Kings Wharf and Heritage Wharf where the vessels dock in the Dockyard, however if you are unable to walk long distances I would recommend that you do not do walk as it is a lengthy walk.

Also as another poster stated this beach is not a normal beach for tanning, etc but if you are interested in a basic beach there is a small beach (Black Bay) a stones throw away.

Hope this Helps.

Archived