Button Pushers and Rail Riders

kingsgirl

Rail Riders and Button Pushers - What should we do with them?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Rail Riders and Button Pushers - What should we do with them?

• High five them both and have a chuckle - it's a vacation!
    • Pretend to high five them then kick them in the gut.
    • Report to ship police for immediate punishment.
    • Push them overboard - it's just easier that way.

What should we do about them?

OK, I told my DW that I would stop at 55 but if you guys are gonna' make a big deal out of it, I'll quit a few years earlier. Lord knows it will make her happy. :rolleyes:

OK, I told my DW that I would stop at 55 but if you guys are gonna' make a big deal out of it, I'll quit a few years earlier. Lord knows it will make her happy. :rolleyes:

Don't stop, just wait for me to join you :rolleyes:

Had a "precious" little boy, probably 9 or 10, get on our elevator and proceed to push all the buttons with us standing there. I looked at him with my motherly snake eye and told him that if I ever saw him do that again that I would personally drag him to the captain who I was certain would confine him to his cabin for the rest of the cruise. He got off at the next floor.

Did he do it again....probably, but I felt better not letting him get away with it on my watch.

Not funny kids, not funny.

Hey .. I am over 55 and I have not stopped yet .. although I do my rail sliding late at night when the stairways are empty :eek:

The elevator buttons .. well they are just too enticing :D

Hey .. I am over 55 and I have not stopped yet .. although I do my rail sliding late at night when the stairways are empty :eek:

The elevator buttons .. well they are just too enticing :D

But can you ride the rails standing up? ;)

Button pushers don't bother me. Even though I am considered officially "old", I still remember what it is like to be a kid. I am sure back in the day, I pushed a few extra elevator buttons. I would, most likely do and say nothing; nor do I think they should be turned in to the Captain. This is not the worst activity that a young person could do. In fact, it is pretty tame.

Rail sliders, on the other hand, do pose a problem. This is a safety issue, not only for the one sliding, but for the others using the stairs. I would have to say something, if it looked like there were a lack of proper adult supervision. If that didn't work, I would look for a crew member to inform.

After a kick to the guy' date=' follow it up with a Stone Cold Stunner. :D[/quote']

LOVE IT! I almost spit out my drink when I read this. Never thought I would see a WWE reference in here, and was perfectly applied!

Back on topic, depends on the person. Kid doing it out of excitement with embarrassed parents apologizing - totally fine. Drunks and/or unsupervised children, Mild annoyance, but over it by the end of the elevator ride..

....I'm on vacation, no one is going to take my enjoyment away from me, and certainly wouldn't be a second thought 10 minutes later. Just my mentalilty.

Kid doing it out of excitement with embarrassed parents apologizing - totally fine. Drunks and/or unsupervised children, Mild annoyance, but over it by the end of the elevator ride..

....I'm on vacation, no one is going to take my enjoyment away from me, and certainly wouldn't be a second thought 10 minutes later. Just my mentalilty.

I second that emotion. :)

LOVE IT! I almost spit out my drink when I read this. Never thought I would see a WWE reference in here, and was perfectly applied!

Thanks Tiger. Jim Ross would follow me around yelling, "Stunner...Stunner...My GAWD, a Stunner!!!" :D

Back to the topic, sort of, teenagers have gotten pretty brazen within the last 5 or so years. So therefore, so has adult Bart. If they are walking in my direction and in my path, cruise ship, boardwalk, hallway, sidewalk etc., I don't get out of the way. They do or they have to step around awkwardly at the last minute. Heck, I had to when I was a kid. Show respect and move or fall. :D :cool:

Only had button pushers once, just laughed at them.

But a couple times had stair sitters, threatened to step on them and they moved.:p

Well, my hubby DOES step on them! They can move away really fast!!

I've told this elevator story before, so ignore if you've read it already:

First day on our cruise; get on the elevator with a boy around 12; there are people on every floor waiting for the elevator, and at each floor the boy is pressing the "close door" button before anyone can get on. He obviously wanted to get to the Windjammer. After about two floors my husband leans over and quietly says, "You know, son, we usually push that button AFTER the people get on the elevator." No more problem.

Sometimes you just gotta let them know you know what they're doing.

Me? What the heck; it's another 3 or 4 minutes out of my life to stop at all the floors. Much to-do about not alot.

Button pushers reminds me of the guy who gets on the elevator and stands with his back to the wall just inside the door, unaware he is pushing all the buttons with his backside!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Perhaps he is a Double Diamond cruiser, so experienced that he can actually press the button he wants with his backside.

What should we do about them?

A young button pusher might be encouraged to stop their behavior by taking his picture. You wouldn’t have to go to the trouble of taking a good picture; there are enough mirrors to make the young perpetrator believe his picture has been taken.

Say something like….

“The Captain told me to get pictures of kids pushing buttons”.

Archived