"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas- Bermuda / Aug 3, 2012

Radio

Millbrook,

We shared this cruise with the one and only Radio. And if I may answer for him, I shall tell you this. We did have a few concerns about the weather since we drive from Pittsburgh the day of the cruise. We were very pleasntly surprized to find a wonderful day for a drive in the country. We have returned from Baltimore in an ice storm, that was not fun.

Radio, on the other hand, has a 20 minute drive from his home in the suburbs of Baltimore. His concern was his coffee getting too cold on the way. (Sorry sir, I had to)

Millbrook,

We shared this cruise with the one and only Radio. And if I may answer for him, I shall tell you this. We did have a few concerns about the weather since we drive from Pittsburgh the day of the cruise. We were very pleasntly surprized to find a wonderful day for a drive in the country. We have returned from Baltimore in an ice storm, that was not fun.

Radio, on the other hand, has a 20 minute drive from his home in the suburbs of Baltimore. His concern was his coffee getting too cold on the way. (Sorry sir, I had to)

You got me on that one medicKen. . .

Yes, it wasn't far for me to drive to get to Cruise Maryland. . .

I think that might be why I always suggest that Cruise Maryland is my favorite Port ! (They are really friendly too !)

Radio

;);)

Cruise Maryland - Jan 5, 2013 (As we pulled away from the Pier slowly)

A20.JPG

Millbrook,

Hold on, lol. An ICE STORM in August? Oh Ken.....*throws smile your way*, I think the question was about the weather leaving at the end of August, from Baltimore..correct me if I missed the ice storm in August! lol Im guessing you thought you were on the Jan. live thread?

Just wondering if you had any concerns about weather sailing out of Baltimore in August? We are thinking of a Grandeur cruise the last week in August. I've sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale in July before with no worries....

Hold on, lol. An ICE STORM in August? Oh Ken.....*throws smile your way*, I think the question was about the weather leaving at the end of August, from Baltimore..correct me if I missed the ice storm in August! lol Im guessing you thought you were on the Jan. live thread?

That was my question for the poster, what sort of weather are they concerned about? There may be an occasional summer thunderstorm, but anything else would be very rare. Most hurricane threats to the east coast are much later in the season. Most of the early tropical storms head into the Gulf of Mexico. No guarantees of course, the Atlantic hurricane season runs a full six months out of the year, from June through November.

Theron

Hold on, lol. An ICE STORM in August? Oh Ken.....*throws smile your way*, I think the question was

about the weather leaving at the end of August, from Baltimore..correct me if I missed the ice storm in August! lol Im guessing you

thought you were on the Jan. live thread?

Ha ha. . .You are right CruiseDivaNJ. . .I misread the OP thread as well. . . I love sailing from Cruise Maryland in August. Sailing through the Gulf stream is hit or miss. ..

It sometimes is very rough, but other times is is like sailing in a pond. . . .

Very smooth or very rough. . .It's a flip of a coin ! ;)

Radio

;);)

Diva,

We are guys, we don't read every word, takes too much time from coffee drinking. I did not read August (my birth month) either and since we cruise in spring and fall, it never crossed my mind. But thanks for keeping us honest. Radio, TP, thanks for having my back. As far as sailing, I agree wholeheartedly with Radio. The Atlantic is a fickle mistress to sailing ships. Sometimes she can be the most gentle of lambs and other time she can be a real Lioness. AND there is no way to predict which.

As for the original question, the ride should be beautiful in summer, as long as you have good a/c in the car.

Ha ha. . .You are right CruiseDivaNJ. . .I misread the OP thread as well. . . I love sailing from Cruise Maryland in August. Sailing through the Gulf stream is hit or miss. ..

It sometimes is very rough, but other times is is like sailing in a pond. . . .

Very smooth or very rough. . .It's a flip of a coin ! ;)

Radio

;);)

:-) No problem! Keeping the deets honest!!

And,Ken, really? Like I wouldn't have your back...? :-( I thought coffee and reading go very well for both genders! LOL

Archived