Whirlpool bath...jets clean?

irisheileen

So sorry! For the record though, if it was our jetted tub in our home I would use it (and clean it) so please use yours. It is "public" jetted tubs and hot tubs that we stay clear of. I also cringe when I see parents bringing their little darlings, still wearing diapers, into a public hot tub. Just what bacteria loves...heat, dark and moist.

Enough said.

I do use my tub at home, but the bubble tub doesn't prohibit bubble bath or bath oil. The jetted tub is nice when my back muscles get cranky. Don't think the bubbles could do as well for that.

This is NOT a stupid question. Women can get very sick from the bacteria in those jets. We would prob not book a suite w/o one (want as good as home or better)

First Hal cruise major issues w spewing tons of black bacteria after being cleaned twice...

Now I just take 3oz of bleach and liquid soap and run for an hour.

Funny when I read this I thought wow... Thats what I do... Lol

We want one in any suite we book so im willing to clean it myself to ensure safety. Cant risk that again.

Great minds think alike :D

I didn't think I would ever use a tub at a hotel, cruise etc. I got to thinking that I'd paid this extra money on the upsell, what are the perks? tha led me to the whirlpool cleanliness question because it does creep me out.

My muscles have also been sore like another poster mentioned, and I thought that a whirlpool would be beneficial.

I'll take cleaner and worry about that tomorrow to quote Scarlett O'Hara! :)

Hi

Please do not bring bleach from home in your check luggage. What would happen if your bottle breaks. RUINED CLOTHES. Bleach is cheap buy it in port.

Mary

Or it could come in contact with another chemical, making a nice caustic mess for the baggage handlers :eek:

If you are going to clean the tub yourself couldn't you ask the steward for the supplies? That way you know what you use is allowed to go through the ships plumbing system and you won't be transporting toxic chemicals through airports, hotels, train stations and/or cruise terminals.

We never use the jetted tub on a cruise. We had all sorts of trouble with our tub at home with the mold building up in the plumbing for the jets. It wasn't just us, all the houses in our cul de sac were built by the same builder and every one of us has or had the same trouble. When we remodeled our master bath two years ago we went with an air system and that stopped the issue without us noticing a big difference in the feel and comfort of the tub. Even with the air system it has a special cycle that it automatically runs to dry out the jets. Not more black stuff! :)

We never use the jetted tub on a cruise. We had all sorts of trouble with our tub at home with the mold building up in the plumbing for the jets. It wasn't just us, all the houses in our cul de sac were built by the same builder and every one of us has or had the same trouble. When we remodeled our master bath two years ago we went with an air system and that stopped the issue without us noticing a big difference in the feel and comfort of the tub. Even with the air system it has a special cycle that it automatically runs to dry out the jets. Not more black stuff! :)

Sounds like the original plumber didn't get the drain set up correctly. Not an easy thing to fix after it's all installed.

Hi

Please do not bring bleach from home in your check luggage.1. What would happen if your bottle breaks. RUINED CLOTHES. Bleach is cheap buy it in port.

Mary

We usually do not pack our travel bottles with our clothes. But thanks for the concern. Same as we would never pack wine lol.

Sounds like the original plumber didn't get the drain set up correctly. Not an easy thing to fix after it's all installed.

It actually was a design defect in the brand of tub the builder used. The tubing for the jets would not drain completely and the water would stagnate. The better models then and most now have drying cycles to blow out the tubing and better design not to trap water and not let it drain.

Archived