high and tight

beckymomof2

Has any of the guys, possibly military guys, received a decent "high and tight" hair cut from the Carnival salon?

My husband needs a hair cut before we go on the trip but we don't have a whole lot of decent barbers around here. If he could get a decent hair cut on the ship, I would just book an appointment for him there.

Has any of the guys, possibly military guys, received a decent "high and tight" hair cut from the Carnival salon?

My husband needs a hair cut before we go on the trip but we don't have a whole lot of decent barbers around here. If he could get a decent hair cut on the ship, I would just book an appointment for him there.

Would he trust you to cut it for him? Hair clippers aren't very expensive. I'm not sure what a men's haircut would cost on board, but I'd bet it's a lot more than what you'd pay at a local barber.

Would he trust you to cut it for him? Hair clippers aren't very expensive. I'm not sure what a men's haircut would cost on board, but I'd bet it's a lot more than what you'd pay at a local barber.

LOL :o I've tried. I bought a $200+ clippers because my friend is a hairdresser so she got us a really nice professional pair. He wasn't thrilled with my lack of hair cutting talent :D.

Honestly if he could get a decent hair cut I'd spend $50. I know that's outrageous but it's vacation and it's budgeted for.

His hair cut is basically military like, so that's what I'm wondering about.

Ex sailor here with a most hairless top. I bought my wife a $19 pair of clippers at Walmart many years ago. I told her to just leave me a stubble on the sides. We have been doing it that way for years. Beats trying to go "hi and tight" or any other types of cuts. I call it 'short sweet and simple". Very easy to maintain and no drying time involved.

I mean at over 60 what fashion do I want to try and meet. I am just glad I have some hair on the sides.

I still give them to my buddy in the backyard. He's former army now a USCG chief. All you do is use the '1' on top and no shield for the sides. If you screw it up just shave it all and it will grow back in a few weeks:D

On a cruise ship, as long as he isnt getting a flat top( I still wear sometimes and most civilians cant do them) They can handle an HnT

My question is why cant he do it on base it only takes 5min?

I still give them to my buddy in the backyard. He's former army now a USCG chief. All you do is use the '1' on top and no shield for the sides. If you screw it up just shave it all and it will grow back in a few weeks:D

On a cruise ship, as long as he isnt getting a flat top( I still wear sometimes and most civilians cant do them) They can handle an HnT

My question is why cant he do it on base it only takes 5min?

Because he is a police officer and not in the military. And we don't have a base near where we live.

If that is his style, then who normally cuts his hair?

Because he is a police officer and not in the military. And we don't have a base near where we live.

Ok That makes sense

Are you flying into Miami early? Maybe there is a local place near your hotel

I can't give experience about the high and tight as I don't even know what that is. However, my DH procrastinated one cruise on getting his hair cut. So he had it cut in the salon on the Legend. I remember it was pretty expensive for a men's cut (i.e. not Great Clips prices!). He normally gets a buzz type cut (maybe a #3? guard).

The next cruise he procrastinated again. But this time we stopped at a Great Clips-type place on the way to the cruise on embarkation day!

Maggie

OP - when I first read the title of your thread, I thought it was something totally different to what it turned out to be! Growing up, I lived in London for a few years (dad was working there and the family was relocated). One piece of British slang I sometimes heard people say was that someone was tight, meaning drunk! So when I saw your title, my first thought was, uh oh, it's a complaint about someone on your cruise who was high and drunk! :D:D. Lol! So glad it was something else!:D

If that is his style, then who normally cuts his hair?

I was wondering the same.:confused:

The one lady that could really cut his hair well passed away. The thing about going to the barber is you kind of get who you get. So it's been hit and miss. I've tried twice and it didn't work out too well.

OP - when I first read the title of your thread, I thought it was something totally different to what it turned out to be! Growing up, I lived in London for a few years (dad was working there and the family was relocated). One piece of British slang I sometimes heard people say was that someone was tight, meaning drunk! So when I saw your title, my first thought was, uh oh, it's a complaint about someone on your cruise who was high and drunk! :D:D. Lol! So glad it was something else!:D

Yeah I'm not one of the complainers on the board :)

I was wondering the same.:confused:

I think you can't get that good of hair cuts here because of where we live. When we go to Anchorage you can walk in and they know what they are doing and have it done in about 10 minutes. I've found the same in airports. I'm not sure if we will be traveling when they would be open though. Oh bummer... maybe he can just buz it himself.

Good luck with your DH's hair. I did a spa pkg once that included some kind of hair treatment.:eek::D OMG I looked like Medussa when I came out. Maybe it was more like Phyllis Diller. But they should do much better with a man's haircut. Being from AK you most likely don't have the choices of salons that we do in the lower 48.

Good luck with your DH's hair. I did a spa pkg once that included some kind of hair treatment.:eek::D OMG I looked like Medussa when I came out. Maybe it was more like Phyllis Diller. But they should do much better with a man's haircut. Being from AK you most likely don't have the choices of salons that we do in the lower 48.

Yeah that's exactly it. My husband gets frustrated because when he was at the academy the guys cut each others hair with no problem. So he doesn't really understand why I can't... trust me I've tried. I know it's a simple cut.

When it comes to Alaska we do miss out on a lot of service type things here.

On the spa note... we love Carnival's spa. Will be getting a couple's massage on the second day of our cruise. :D

I'd just shave it all off, it is just something else for the bad guys to grab!!!!

In your situation, get it cut on the way to the airport. Or, on board, check with the CD to see if you can get the Crew's Barber to cut it. Many of the Waiters (particularly the ones from Indonesia) Seem to have the High and Tight cut.

Yeah that's exactly it. My husband gets frustrated because when he was at the academy the guys cut each others hair with no problem. So he doesn't really understand why I can't... trust me I've tried. I know it's a simple cut.

When it comes to Alaska we do miss out on a lot of service type things here.

On the spa note... we love Carnival's spa. Will be getting a couple's massage on the second day of our cruise. :D

Enjoy that couples massage. I am sure figure out hubby's haircut. Have a great cruise.

Two or three years ago on the Ecstasy my husband couldn't work in a haircut before the cruise, so he went to the Spa. A man cut it, did an excellent job. It was $35, don't remember if that was before or after the tip. Conservative hair cut, he's in his 60's, but still has a lot of hair.

Archived