Carnival Charges For??

janetz

Check this out. Not Good.

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2012/08/07/carnival-cruise-lines-to-offer-early-boarding-for-price/?intcmp=features

I just saw the other thread on this...oops

and Laura put a sticky at the top of the Carnival forum .. not that anyone usually replies on the stickies.

I could care less .. doesnt affect me as Im already platinum.

Im in the this is no big deal category.

Carnival needs to raise some cash, as profits are not stellar, so if this is what will help.. Im all for it. No money out of my pockets. Better than a cut back somewhere else to help with the poor profits lately.

I don't see what the big deal is? If you don't like it don't pay for it, for some it would be a very convenient and well spent $50.

I agree. Everyone is going to make it on the ship. If you want to pay $50 to get there sooner, go for it. If not, you'll still get to board with the majority of cruisers.

I agree. Everyone is going to make it on the ship. If you want to pay $50 to get there sooner, go for it. If not, you'll still get to board with the majority of cruisers.

So right......I'll spend my $50.00 elswhere.

So Carnival has taken a page from the airline playbook and now offers special perks for $49. That is today. What is to stop them from taking another page out that allows them to charge $25+ for each piece of luggage? How about a charge for sitting in the good seats at the theater for performances. This may well be the start of the nickel and diming like the airlines.

So Carnival has taken a page from the airline playbook and now offers special perks for $49. That is today. What is to stop them from taking another page out that allows them to charge $25+ for each piece of luggage? How about a charge for sitting in the good seats at the theater for performances. This may well be the start of the nickel and diming like the airlines.

Like! Based on all of the other Brilliant concepts CCL has introduced this year I think you are exactly right. No crystal ball needed.

Carnival really is going downhill more than ever after reading this I sick to know I gave my money to this cruise line...not proud of Carnival at all...I tell you why, what happens to the person that is in the cabin before your cruise they going to be kicked out very early early am for the cabin steward to get it all ready.

They have previously started down this road with more stuff to charge us for in the DR.

Carnival needs to raise some cash, as profits are not stellar, so if this is what will help.. Im all for it. No money out of my pockets. Better than a cut back somewhere else to help with the poor profits lately.

Check the financials, Carnival had a NET income of 1.9 billion last year. That's hardly poor profits.

More charges just to keep the fare low. Hopefully, at some point, someone will look into this pricing practice. That $299 fare at the top of this page is at least double and triple when you get done.

Next will be a resort fee.

And some consumers seem to say, "OK".

The return of class on ships is not too far away.

I don't see what the big deal is? If you don't like it don't pay for it, for some it would be a very convenient and well spent $50.

I agree with this poster. What is the big deal-new service, a charge-like boarding first on plane and larger seats in coach-not mandatory.

How is this different than the Steakhouse or Cucina? Sorry folks, but this is only an OPTION they're offfering. If you don't want it, don't buy it. But I see no reason to get your collective panties in a proverbial wad.

I kind of like this and will try it at least once if it's still available when I cruise in Jan and Sept 2013. The reason I like this is when we board we have a carry on and a cpap machine and I really hate carrying that thing around with me everywhere I go for a couple of hours. I'm not trying to be something I'm not by having the same priviledges as those of you who are VIP. It's all about convenience for me.

Guess I'm in the minority here. I think this is a great idea. I would do it in a heart beat. It's usually me and my sister in a cabin - so $25 each to keep from lugging around the carry on's and waiting in lines??!! Way worth it to me.

For those who aren't interested - why would this bother you? I look at it as an extra perk for those willing to pay for it.

Guess I'm in the minority here. I think this is a great idea. I would do it in a heart beat. It's usually me and my sister in a cabin - so $25 each to keep from lugging around the carry on's and waiting in lines??!! Way worth it to me.

For those who aren't interested - why would this bother you? I look at it as an extra perk for those willing to pay for it.

I agree! I can only hope it's on the Breeze by December so we can get this. I've always said if I could pay $25 extra to get some extra 'benefits' I would do so. $50 for a stateroom is only $25 for me so that's pretty exciting!

Best ones: priority embark and the luggage being at the stateroom early. Every cruise I've had to wait until 5:30/6p to get my luggage and I hate it.

Nobody commenting about my statement what happens to the passengers that are in that particular cabin that people choose to board earlier, do they have to get out of the cabin earlier so that the passenger who paid for this service has their cabin ready in time?

And does this mean those who not pay for this will be boarding even later?

Archived