Paper Baggage Tags

avalon1025

Looks like the concenus is that a product called "favors" by a Company called "Serendipity" is the answer, can I be cheeky and ask does anybody have their e-mail address. I went into Google and put "Serendipity" in and got five million (well quite a lot) of addresses with "Serendipity" in it.

Thanks for any assistance. :)

http://www.*******************.com/luggage-tags/index.html

I cannot believe that this address was blocked by the mods, it is pathetic

google serendipity luggage

The first I heard of this company was on this forum and I believe a link to their Website was permitted in the post. Serendipity shipped a box of the tags to me in Canada. They arrived promptly and Canada Customs didn't even charge duty, which is often the case with items of little value.

As a back-up I always make up my own luggage tags, such as a small piece of cardboard with just name and stateroom number.

Gotem !. Thanks to those who replied, particularly Capnpugwash. Should have guessed "Serendipity Luggage" works.

Thanks again. :)

Googling Favors by Serendipity will also work. Since cruise critic does not offer a similar product blocking the website link makes no sense to me.

Googling Favors by Serendipity will also work. Since cruise critic does not offer a similar product blocking the website link makes no sense to me.

Cruise Critic SHOULD offer a similar product. As Cunard is not the only cruiseline that uses these paper tags. Just my 2 cents.:rolleyes:

Denise

Cruise Critic SHOULD offer a similar product. As Cunard is not the only cruiseline that uses these paper tags. Just my 2 cents.:rolleyes:

Denise

I would bet there is a patent on the plastic sleeves.

I probably won't be popular for saying so but the go green labels, folded as directed and then sellotaped after they were threaded through the suitcase handles were really sturdy, more so than any tie on tags I have used. They were bl**dy difficult to get off though!

Oh for goodness sake!! All this angst about the pesky labels. Get a grip people. Any five year old could deal with this. Come back Blue Peter all is forgiven.

SS

Sorry, for the benefit of the cousins who do not know Blue Peter, it was a tremendously popular childrens TV programme which did miraculous things with sticky backed plastic and the insides of toilet rolls.

Did anyone else notice on the new luggage tags: "if an individual piece of luggage exceeds 20kgs, you will be delayed at embarkation and maybe asked to remove items.....". Seriously? Tacky, my airline allows more per bag and airlines are nuts about it. Hi Cunard, im spending $1k a night in the grills, get off my back if my luggage wieghs 50 lbs. are they seriously weighing it in Southampton?

I think you will find this is a Health and Safety issue 20kgs is the max baggage handlers are supposed to handle. At airports if over 20 kgs customer have to take them to the special handling area. Have done this at Heathrow and Toronto International, Years ago.

Oh for goodness sake!! All this angst about the pesky labels. Get a grip people. Any five year old could deal with this. Come back Blue Peter all is forgiven.

SS

Sorry, for the benefit of the cousins who do not know Blue Peter, it was a tremendously popular childrens TV programme which did miraculous things with sticky backed plastic and the insides of toilet rolls.

Rude

I think you will find this is a Health and Safety issue 20kgs is the max baggage handlers are supposed to handle. At airports if over 20 kgs customer have to take them to the special handling area. Have done this at Heathrow and Toronto International, Years ago.

We fly out of Toronto on "scheduled" carriers three or four times a year, both Y and J Class, bags always in the 23KG range, and have never had to "special handle" them. Have been through Heathrow three times in the last 18 months, same bags, never had to do that there either. The 20kg limit is more common with "charter class" carriers, so that may make a difference.

These baggage labels, will they be on the voyage personalizer closer to cruise date? Assume when tickets are there the whole lot will be there.

It's been a while since I went 'Green', but from memory yes, e-tickets and luggage tags are available at the same time.

On another note, has anyone ever had their paper luggage tags catch fire?

Whitemarsh,

Do you know something we don't about the flammability of luggage tags :)

I know that they are made of paper, which makes it possible that they could catch on fire or spontaneously combust. I was just wondering if it had happened to anyone. If it had, it would be a prompt for a red-top headline such as "Cunard's cost-cutting takes tragic turn". :D

As Alibobs said, if you fold the paper tickets as directed, and then laminate or tape them, they are very study.

Did anyone else notice on the new luggage tags: "if an individual piece of luggage exceeds 20kgs, you will be delayed at embarkation and maybe asked to remove items.....". Seriously? Tacky, my airline allows more per bag and airlines are nuts about it. Hi Cunard, im spending $1k a night in the grills, get off my back if my luggage wieghs 50 lbs. are they seriously weighing it in Southampton?

One the one hand, the dress code perforce requires extra packing for the formal and semi-formal evenings; on the other hand, a weight limit is being imposed?

Another case of one hand not knowing what the other is doing.

As long as this kind of nonsense and other cost-cutting measures and revenue-producing schemes continue, I am sure Cunard will continue to lose some of its most loyal passengers (a/k/a guests).

On another note, has anyone ever had their paper luggage tags catch fire?

We've not experienced self igniting labels but did have our kitchen catch fire just before a cruise recently. Caused all sorts of problems with paper luggage tags as we forgot until the night before leaving that our printer was packed away with everything else!

MrsH

One the one hand, the dress code perforce requires extra packing for the formal and semi-formal evenings; on the other hand, a weight limit is being imposed?

Another case of one hand not knowing what the other is doing.

As long as this kind of nonsense and other cost-cutting measures and revenue-producing schemes continue, I am sure Cunard will continue to lose some of its most loyal passengers (a/k/a guests).

Last time I checked there was no limit on the quantity of bags one is permitted to check.

If Cunard gave the option of paying extra and receiving:

• Retro 'Pan Am' style tickets instead of self print.
  • A leather packet to hold tickets.
  • A hard cover voyage booklet.

Would people take it up and pay the difference between that and the current material?

I wouldn't do it. I think their e-tickets and current pre-voyage booklets are perfectly fine. The only thing I'd like to see return is a passenger list.

The topic is about luggage labels, not tickets.

Cunard used to provide one sheet of 6 perfectly good non-tearable luggage labels on ONE page at the back of the Pre Voyage Documentation & Shore Excursions brochure. Now they supply SIX pages of tearable luggage labels at the back of the brochure. How is that progress? And is this really a cost-cutting measure?

The topic is about luggage labels, not tickets.

Cunard used to provide one sheet of 6 perfectly good non-tearable luggage labels on ONE page at the back of the Pre Voyage Documentation & Shore Excursions brochure. Now they supply SIX pages of tearable luggage labels at the back of the brochure. How is that progress? And is this really a cost-cutting measure?

agree, I dont see the cost savings. If they really want to save go to 100% e-ticket and be done with all the costs of mailing the pre voyage packet

agree, I dont see the cost savings. If they really want to save go to 100% e-ticket and be done with all the costs of mailing the pre voyage packet

Princess has done just that. They went from mailing two separate packages to the people in one cabin that contained pre-cruise documentation and luggage tags, etc. to eTickets and luggage tags that you print yourselves. Packets used to be sent to the travel agent who then sent them on to passengers. No wonder the USPS is hurting!

Archived