Concierge level

Fleuve51

We honestly didn't think it was worth the extra on our transatlantic in March 2012. A bottle of champagne in the room and access to the small windowless concierge lounge which was so far from our cabin, we were in there just a couple of times. The same coffees, snacks etc are available in baristas. There is no difference whatsoever in cabin or balcony size between the regular balcony cabins and concierge level balcony cabins.

We can't decide if it's worth the extra money to book the concierge level.

Could someone remind me of the " perks "

On concierge.

Thanks

There quite a few threads in the past on this topic. You can do a search...

Also from the Oceania brochure --

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/ebrochures/default.aspx?src=/emags/YourWorld-YourWay-Issue3/index.html#/132/

We can't decide if it's worth the extra money to book the concierge level.

Could someone remind me of the " perks "

On concierge.

Thanks

Concierge Level Privileges

(In Addition to Receiving All Stateroom Amenities)

• Priority noon check-in and early embarkation with priority luggage delivery
  • Exclusive access to private Concierge Lounge staffed by a dedicated Concierge
  • Welcome bottle of Champagne
  • Priority online specialty restaurant and shore excursion reservations
  • Unlimited access to Canyon Ranch SpaClub® private Spa Terrace
  • Laptop computer with wireless Internet access+
  • New for 2013! - Exclusive discounts on internet usage plans
  • New for 2013! - Complimentary iPad® available for your enjoyment onboard+
  • Bulgari toiletries
  • Complimentary Oceania Cruises logo tote bag
  • Cashmere lap blankets, perfect for relaxing on your veranda
  • Complimentary shoe shine service

Complimentary pressing of garments upon embarkation++

+Internet usage rates apply

++Certain limitations apply

For many of us the perks ARE worth it.

For many of us they aren't.

Only you can decide. I agree it's hard to know if you'll appreciate the benefits or not before you've tried them!

Mura

We didn't think it the Concierge level was of as much value on Oceania as on Holland. On Holland we used the Concierge lounge as a source for better quality coffee, fresh fruit and snacks that we could find in other parts of the ship. On Oceania that was not the case. Excellent food available elsewhere.

It sounds to me like many of the answers here are relating to concierge class on Marina or Riviera, since they talk about the Concierge Lounge.

OP didn't indicate that the question is about the "R" ships or the "O" ships ... which can make a difference.

On the basis of our one cruise on Marina last fall, we didn't use the lounge at all. But we still like many of the other concierge class benefits.

The fact is that we book a higher level cabin for the extra room, not for the perks. We don't mind taking advantage of the perks but we don't always do so. When butlers came into being for PH and above, we didn't even use ours until a situation arose where we needed to. (I'd blown out my knee and was in a wheelchair, so we did use the butler a lot because all breakfasts were in our cabin. This was on Regatta.)

Mura

IMO the only perk worth it would be access to the spa deck and that is only on the larger ships. Not sure it would be worth an extra 500 per person, especially if you can pay per day and probably pay a lot less. You'd have to do the math. Of course, on a port intensive itinerary how much could you use it?

I have my own iPad, one O tote bag is enough and the rest of the stuff has little value IMO. I have had no problems getting specialty restaurant reservations at decent times when booking just an outside cabin.

On some lines (Celebrity e.g.) booking Concierge Class dictates cabin location (and larger balconies). That is worth it to us. Not sure if that applies to O.

IMO the only perk worth it would be access to the spa deck and that is only on the larger ships.

Sorry Laraine, that is incorrect. Below is the list of Concierge Amenities as they are presented on the Oceania website for the Regatta and the Nautica.

Concierge access to the Spa Deck (or the Spa Club as they are calling it) is a fleetwide amenity.

• Bulgari toiletries
  • Complimentary pressing of garments upon embarkation++

Sorry Laraine, that is incorrect. Below is the list of Concierge Amenities as they are presented on the Oceania website for the Regatta and the Nautica.

Concierge access to the Spa Deck (or the Spa Club as they are calling it) is a fleetwide amenity.

• Bulgari toiletries
  • Complimentary pressing of garments upon embarkation++

Is there a wonderful spa area on R ships like the one on Marina??? With special whirlpools etc? I have sailed Nautica twice and Insignia once. Where is it? I have been in the spa for services and never noticed it. LOL

Now I know why. I just looked at the deck plans and if O is referring to the postage stamp area on Deck 9, I stand by my "not worth it" opinion. Actually "not needed" IMO

The reason it is worth it to me on the larger ships is that compared to the R ships you have twice as many people but the pool area is not twice as big. It is not very peaceful. It gets crowded and noisy -- add in the kids that we are seeing more and more of and . . . .. The Spa Terrace is a place to get away from the crowds on the larger ships -- a sanctuary that is not needed on the R ships.

Is there a wonderful spa area on R ships like the one on Marina??? With special whirlpools etc? I have sailed Nautica twice and Insignia once. Where is it? I have been in the spa for services and never noticed it. LOL

Now I know why. I just looked at the deck plans and if O is referring to the postage stamp area on Deck 9, I stand by my "not worth it" opinion.

It is in exactly the same location as the Spa deck on the Marina and Riviera and has virtually the same amenities:

023713.jpg

024449.jpg It's actually quite a spacious and charming area. :p

It's a great place to relax, I actually preferred it to the similar space on Marina.......

Several years ago, I did a transatlantic from Lisbon to Miami on Regatta and spent quite a few lazy afternoons on that deck, the view over the bow was amazing.

It was worth the money, although the big jacuzzi-thing bleached my shorts from red to off-white, heaven knows what it did to my skin.......

(Access was for all, no matter what grade of cabin/suite, but it did require payment of a daily rate. I'm sure this is still the case.)

And lets not forget that you can have a hot breakfast rather than being limited to only a continental breakfast service in your room at the concierge level :D

• Exclusive access to private Concierge Lounge staffed by a dedicated Concierge
  • Laptop computer with wireless Internet access+
  • Bulgari toiletries

Complimentary pressing of garments upon embarkation++

It is in exactly the same location as the Spa deck on the Marina and Riviera and has virtually the same amenities:

023713.jpg

024449.jpg It's actually quite a spacious and charming area. :p

LOL Guess I never needed it on the R ships. On the Marina transatlantic with all those sea days and the crowds/noise at the pool, I loved (and needed) that spa deck.

Back to the topic -- that's the only perk I find at all appealing for CClass. If you can pay per day and only use it on sea days on a port intensive cruise, it is probably cheaper to pay per day.

I was about to add but Laraine beat me to it -- okay, I'll say it anyway.

Her point (or so it seemed to me) is that the spa deck is the only perk on the list that is worth it to HER. That's the subjective part of this issue! I myself don't particularly care about the spa deck. And I certainly don't care about the laptop because it doesn't do anything I want it to. So I bring my own.

We all value these "perks" differently.

Mura

And lets not forget that you can have a hot breakfast rather than being limited to only a continental breakfast service in your room at the concierge level :D

I will echo Mura this time.

We never eat breakfast in our cabin. That perk is worth nothing to "us."

It is indeed subjective.

Couple of weird questions:

On Marina, can you see over the wind breaker in the spa area for any kind of view or photography?

Can you order anything (on concierge level) from the specialty restaurants or is it just hot breakfast that's different? I would love hot breakfast in my cabin!

Couple of weird questions:

On Marina, can you see over the wind breaker in the spa area for any kind of view or photography?

Can you order anything (on concierge level) from the specialty restaurants or is it just hot breakfast that's different? I would love hot breakfast in my cabin!

I would guestimate the Wind screens on the Spa Deck to be about ten feet tall

121030.jpg

Concierge Cabins are not serviced by a Butler, so ordering from the Specialty Restaurants isn't a part of the deal.

Hot Breakfast IS the only difference.

For me, I would rather spend the extra money and book a PH suite because you actually get a bigger room and a butler.

There is something for everyone.

For me, I would rather book an outside cabin, take the same cruise everyone else is taking, and spend all that extra money on fabulous private excursions and shopping. LOL

Even when we had that gorgeous PH on the Marina transatlantic, I found we still spent very little time in the cabin and we never used the butler. I think we sat on the veranda once, even with all those sea days. We like to be out and about on the ship and mingle. The cabin is for sleeping (and afternoon naps). I did love the huge closet, but that just encourages me to overpack (which I am already guilty of doing LOL).

More space, veranda, butler, hot breakfast in the cabin -- not issues for us.

It's nice that there are choices!

I would guestimate the Wind screens on the Spa Deck to be about ten feet tall

121030.jpg

Concierge Cabins are not serviced by a Butler, so ordering from the Specialty Restaurants isn't a part of the deal.

Hot Breakfast IS the only difference.

Oh darn! When I called Oceania (twice) last week we were told that every cabin has hot breakfast for room service. Geeze.

Wish they would have given me correct info, or I wish it was in "Your World Your way Mag"... Everything I find out is from Jim & Stan on CC!!!

IMO the only perk worth it would be access to the spa deck and that is only on the larger ships. Not sure it would be worth an extra 500 per person, especially if you can pay per day and probably pay a lot less. You'd have to do the math. Of course, on a port intensive itinerary how much could you use it?

I have my own iPad, one O tote bag is enough and the rest of the stuff has little value IMO. I have had no problems getting specialty restaurant reservations at decent times when booking just an outside cabin.

On some lines (Celebrity e.g.) booking Concierge Class dictates cabin location (and larger balconies). That is worth it to us. Not sure if that applies to O.

On Regatta in October 2011 we were denied access to the Spa deck although were in a PH - being told this was only available to Concierge and above on the 2 larger ships. We were also told that O's brochure was wrong. Seeing this post reminded me, so yesterday I emailed Canyon Ranch and this is the reply:

I can confirm that this will be a service that is extended to you on board the Nautica or Regatta as part of the package for being in a Concierge cabin.

The confusion has come about since the launch of the two larger vessels Marina and Riviera where this was offered on these new ships. It was not an option on the smaller vessels until it was decided to offer this across the whole fleet to reduce the confusion that this has been causing.

Lou

Archived