Cruise Critic 2013 Group Cruise

Andy

Hi Everyone,

Great News !!! I spoke with our Community Manager, and I'm hopeful we will move forward with a 2013 Group Cruise, which I will be honored to lead. I'm incredibly excited to have the opportunity to sail together. At this point, what I'm certain of, is that our Celebrity Cruise will be a Caribbean sailing from Ft Lauderdale or Miami. I'm thinking the strongest demand might be a 7 or 10 night sailing.

I'm in the process of reviewing dates. When completed, I will be happy to share a few potential dates / sailings, and see where the consensus is. All suggestions are welcome !

Thanks again, and please stay tuned for additional details.

Hi Everyone,

Great News !!! I spoke with our Community Manager, and I'm hopeful we will move forward with a 2013 Group Cruise, which I will be honored to lead. I'm incredibly excited to have the opportunity to sail together. At this point, what I'm certain of, is that our Celebrity Cruise will be a Caribbean sailing from Ft Lauderdale or Miami. I'm thinking the strongest demand might be a 7 or 10 night sailing.

I'm in the process of reviewing dates. When completed, I will be happy to share a few potential dates / sailings, and see where the consensus is. All suggestions are welcome !

Great idea Andy. I'm already on the 1-26 and 2-2 Reflection cruises so those would most certainly work well for me :)

Hi Everyone,

Hi Andy:) thanks for the information. Do you have any idea if it will

be at the beginning of the year or end of the year? I am on Equinox

March 4th for 11 nights now...any chance you could do that one?:D

Hi Everyone, Great News !!! I spoke with our Community Manager, and I'm hopeful we will move forward with a 2013 Group Cruise, which I will be honored to lead. I'm incredibly excited to have the opportunity to sail together. At this point, what I'm certain of, is that our Celebrity Cruise will be a Caribbean sailing from Ft Lauderdale or Miami. I'm thinking the strongest demand might be a 7 or 10 night sailing. I'm in the process of reviewing dates. When completed, I will be happy to share a few potential dates / sailings, and see where the consensus is. All suggestions are welcome ! Thanks again, and please stay tuned for additional details.

Appreciate the great efforts by Host Andy. That probably won't work given my wife early 2013 school work schedule. BUT, keep up the good works for the others!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 98,240 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Hi Andy:) thanks for the information. Do you have any idea if it will

be at the beginning of the year or end of the year? I am on Equinox

March 4th for 11 nights now...any chance you could do that one?:D

Hi Lois,

At this point, all date ideas are tentative, but I'm thinking about listing 4-5 sailing dates in a Poll - strictly as a Guide, and see where there is interest. I plan to be very flexible. At this moment, Im thinking Jan 2013, OR, either November or early December 2013.

Sorry to say, but the March 4th Equnox sailing is one of the very few dates that will not work, as we plan to sail on Azamara Quest on March 2nd. I'd gladly consider changing the date, but Azamara has few Caribbean options in 2013.

While I believe that most members will prefer a 7 night sailng on Reflection or Silhouette, I'm very curious if our Members have an interest in a 10 or 11 night sailing on Equinox ? Please feel free to share your thoughts.

Wonderful to do a poll and get reactions that way. Smart!!!

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 98,240 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Wonderful to do a poll and get reactions that way. Smart!!!

Thank you Terry. While I realize that it's impossible to please everyone with a date selection, my goal is to have everyone be a part of this. After all, its a Group Cruise :)

We cannot travel from Thanksgiving through February. Best time for us is around mid-March. Having said that Easter in 2013 is March 31st, so we definitely don't want to sail then.

We would want 10 or 11 night cruise. Not enough "meat on the bone" for us to fly down to FL for just a 7 night cruise.

Would do a 7 night cruise if it was Bermuda out of Bayonne.

Anne Maria

Great news, Andy! As always, you have come through! The idea of a range of dates to choose & vote on makes so much sense, & gives everyone a chance to have a say. It's going to be impossible to find a timeframe that works for all, but it's good to have some choices so that the maximum number of CCrs can participate.

We also would prefer a 10 or 11 night sailing over a 7 night, but will be interested in either. Not too keen on 4 or 5 nighter as it doesn't pay for us to fly to FL for less than a week.

Again, great news & can't wait to see you options!

Thanks Andy. I am always so impressed with how "on task" you are.;) Any time you promise to do something, you always follow through and do it quickly, as well. You are such a great resource to this online community.

Later in 2013 or even early in 2014 would work for me, and although I would prefer a 10-11 day cruise, a 7-day would also work.

Hi Everyone,

Wow! That's going to be one heck of a Roll Call! Can you tell us more about what goes on at a CC group cruise? I'm guessing there must be at least one special party planned. :D

I highly recommend the 11-nt. itinerary on Equinox, which includes Colombia, Costa Rica and Panama. We did that in March 2012 and really enjoyed the unique ports of call.

Hi Constantcruiser,

I looked at the Equinox 11 night itinerary. Frankly, I'd love to do it. The best opportunities are in the Jan / Feb 2013 timeframe, and the pricing is higher, as compared to the 10 night sailings. I suspect that a Monday to the following Friday sailing might be a roadblock, as it will require some of us to take 2 weeks vacation time.

At any rate, I will be happy to add an 11 night sailing to the Poll, and see what happens. I cannot promise the high score in the Poll will be the sailing chosen, as there are numerous other factors to be considered. Above all, what I hope for in this process... is that the date selected will work for as many of our community members as possible.

Wow! That's going to be one heck of a Roll Call! Can you tell us more about what goes on at a CC group cruise? I'm guessing there must be at least one special party planned. :D

Yeah! What should we expect? ( I read more than I post, but this is intriguing ).

Andy, We are totally flexible- already have two booked with Celebrity for 2013, and would love to add another. I prefer the longer cruises, but great with the 7 night ones as well. I took a look at pricing ,and the least expensive 7 night cruises are Silhouette Western Caribbean on 12-15-2013, Reflection Eastern Caribbean 11-16-2013 through 12-14-2013 sailings, and the Equinox 11 night Ultimate Caribbean on 12-9-2013 on the possible dates that you mentioned out of Miami or Fort Lauderdale.

Looking forward to whatever you pick as I am sure it will be a great cruise.

Kelcie

Hi Dln,

I agree that once a date is chosen, it will be an incredibly active Roll Call. Please bear with me, as it's too soon to talk about specifics. We are only on Day 1, and there's a ton of planning ahead. With that said, most everyone knows I love to think outside the box, and the gears inside my head, are in motion :)

With all of the incredible folks within our forum, I'm sure the ideas will be outstanding. For now, the best I can offer is... "Stay Tuned". Thanks very much !

Archived