Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

If this furniture is on deck 13 S6 which people say is the most shallow balcony aft, wouldn't the other S6 suites have the same set up?

Maybe all the furniture hasn't been put in place yet. I can't imagine only this suite on 13 gets it.

I would think that all the aft S6 cabins will have similar furniture.

EDIT: I did find it interesting that NCL opened the deck 13 S6 for viewing, seeing that it (apparently) has the smallest balcony.

Tom

Hoping someone will post a photo of the S4 with the beds set up. I know the extra bed is in the ceiling but I really want to see what they are like and hear how comfy the beds are, including the living room sofa bed.

I am not understanding why people think they are entitled to a lounger just because they have a larger balcony? If they want a larger balcony with a lounger pay for an Aft Penthouse - thats what we did:D

I'm happy for you!

Well I tried to go to my trusty cruise deck plans dot com site to stack the decks and compare balconies to mini suites in that M6 section, but it doesn't work on an iPad. Found a few interesting facts though - #1 it lists all balcony and mini suites as having an 18sf balcony (lol) with a disclaimer about aft minis being larger. #2 it says mini suites vary from 172 to 204 sf total.. Interesting.. Also, by looking at the deck plans, it looks like both the mini suites and the balcony cabins next door both start evenly at the hallway - so assumption would say that the cabins are equal in size, but the M6 balcony is huge (since the hull does not bump out there, just the balconies).. BUT we all know just how accurate the deck plans are lol! I guess only time will tell!

Can you tell I am bored with all my over analyzing and chatting tonight?? :rolleyes::p

Robin

Not over analyzing! I have the same concern. It does appear by the website that a large balcony is same size as a regular balcony which makes no sense. Would be completely false advertising. It does appear by the pics of the ship the balconies were the large balconies are located appear bigger. Even my cruise consultant seemed confused and surprised that the large balcony is listed at 32 sq ft. Since the cost difference is small I am willing to take my chances. I suppose time will tell as people post about it. And if it is not really a large balcony, maybe I can complain my way to a $50 or so on board credit.

DH has finally managed to get his photos online. So here you find the complete gallery. Those interested in cabin photos look here and The Haven can be found here. Videos are to follow (especially walking The Plank :D). So are interactive panorama photos.

steamboats

fantastic pictures :) thanks so much for sharing!

Not over analyzing! I have the same concern. It does appear by the website that a large balcony is same size as a regular balcony which makes no sense. Would be completely false advertising. It does appear by the pics of the ship the balconies were the large balconies are located appear bigger. Even my cruise consultant seemed confused and surprised that the large balcony is listed at 32 sq ft. Since the cost difference is small I am willing to take my chances. I suppose time will tell as people post about it. And if it is not really a large balcony, maybe I can complain my way to a $50 or so on board credit.

I wouldn't count on a obc, I am sure those not on cc will not like smaller balconies either. They can't give obc to everyone who complains. I have an s7 and figure if I really want outdoor space I will head to haven

Balconies in the "balcony" cabins are 32 sq ft. The mini suite balconies are the same size but the cabin is a little longer. The balconies on the Epic are 54 sq ft. They are very very small.

Hoping someone will post a photo of the S4 with the beds set up. I know the extra bed is in the ceiling but I really want to see what they are like and hear how comfy the beds are, including the living room sofa bed.

How many people are you planning to put in that suite? It may be a while before we get any pics of the S4 with all the beds open, as kids are in school and very few people actually put six in the suite, especially without kids..

We have used the second bedroom for one adult once, and two teen girls another time. It was a bit tight for the two teens, but doable. Have had the same suite on the Jade, Jewel, Pearl, and Epic. Each time we actually used the bed, we got a topper for it and left it set up at all times. No complaints about comfort.. Furniture is very similar to the Epic, so if you do a search for Epic pictures you might find some with the extra beds set up. The bathroom is in a different location on the breakaway, but that shouldn't affect the bed setups, except the ceiling bed was perpendicular to the sofa bed on the Epic, not parallel like the Breakaway.

Robin

Balconies in the "balcony" cabins are 32 sq ft. The mini suite balconies are the same size but the cabin is a little longer. The balconies on the Epic are 54 sq ft. They are very very small.

From the info we are getting, it seems that maybe some mini suites are actually the same size as balcony cabins. Only time and real-time reports will tell for sure..

Robin

Hopefully they set all the lounges prior the first NY sailing.

Was the one-nighter full? I am not sure it is a good sailing to judge by when it comes to loungers. Fairly cool, probably not a full ship. No need to keep all of the loungers set up. Most do get stacked at night right? Why get them all out if you don't need to.

Nope, on Long Island we say soda.

'Pop' is only a sound.;)

Down here soda is weird and pop is a sound. Everything is Coke :) I want a coke! what flavor? Dr. Pepper.

I actually had a friend in law school who's first job out of school was driving around issuing cease and desist orders from Coca Cola to any restaurant that would ask which flavor if he asked for a coke. He gained a lot of weight hat year.

I totally agree with you. My mother is taking my sister's family and my family this summer, 4 balcony cabins, 10 of us, OBC to get the UBP, excursions, etc. and just because she paid lots of money does it mean she should feel entitled too? Oh well. I was surprised to read that from joeski (sorry spelling) since I've been following the threads but I guess some will just feel the need to do as they wish. Enjoy your cruises with little balconies, windows, insides or suites :)

That seems a little harsh. "Entitled" seems to be the most annoyingly overused word in the English language right now anyway. Even when complaining about "entitlement programs", most people seem only to be referring to programs that they themselves don't benefit from, and not the ones that they do benefit from. Sorry, the word is a bit of a hot button to me; I need a cruise to chill out :o

I think it's a reasonable expectation that a large balcony would be outfitted with the appropriate amount of furniture; otherwise I don't see any point to their existence. If all I wanted to do was sit in a straight chair or stand at the rail to look out I would probably have booked a cabin with a regular sized balcony.

If the M6 balconies haven't gotten more furniture by the time I sail, I intend to bring some inflatable or collapsible pieces, appeal to my cabin stewards, and/or join the late night smuggling parade of M6 occupants :D

Nope, on Long Island we say soda.

'Pop' is only a sound.;)

Well in Maine & Mass some people call it Tonic for some strange reason.

Michelle

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Deck 7 looks like a great place to relax, just wish they had some lounges there.

BJI7agpCQAI0JhL.jpg:large

It's quite windy and slightly noisy (exhausts perhaps?) and loungers or any furniture are probably not gonna happen as deck 7 is the lifeboatdeck and should be clear/easy accesible in emergencies? (just guessing?)

Signing off for a few days, boarding Epic in a few hours! :)

That seems a little harsh. "Entitled" seems to be the most annoyingly overused word in the English language right now anyway. Even when complaining about "entitlement programs", most people seem only to be referring to programs that they themselves don't benefit from, and not the ones that they do benefit from. Sorry, the word is a bit of a hot button to me; I need a cruise to chill out :o

I think it's a reasonable expectation that a large balcony would be outfitted with the appropriate amount of furniture; otherwise I don't see any point to their existence. If all I wanted to do was sit in a straight chair or stand at the rail to look out I would probably have booked a cabin with a regular sized balcony.

If the M6 balconies haven't gotten more furniture by the time I sail, I intend to bring some inflatable or collapsible pieces, appeal to my cabin stewards, and/or join the late night smuggling parade of M6 occupants :D

Amen! I totally agree with EVERYTHING:D. Especially the smuggling part;)

Geesh, what the heck are you gonna do tomorrow, or the next day, when there are no more of these countdown graphics to post from NCL's facebook? :D

We don't have any fancy countdown graphics :(, but you can watch our ship over HERE finish her outfitting and prepare for being turned over to the cruise line at the end of the month! She returns from Sea Trials May 2nd and we'll have four more weeks of updates before she leaves for Southampton and her Maiden Voyage!!!

:D

We don't have any fancy countdown graphics :(, but you can watch our ship over HERE finish her outfitting and prepare for being turned over to the cruise line at the end of the month! She returns from Sea Trials May 2nd and we'll have four more weeks of updates before she leaves for Southampton and her Maiden Voyage!!!

:D

Or start looking for the Getaway countdown,only 10 months away! Then it's the breakaway plus!!

Or start looking for the Getaway countdown,only 10 months away! Then it's the breakaway plus!!

Ten months is a loooong time! ;) We only started the RP thread back in mid-January, or about 4-1/2 months before delivery. Makes the time go by quicker when you're not watching it for so long.

P.S. who's going to volunteer to oversee the Everything GETAWAY thread? :eek: It probably won't be Gambee. He did do an excellent job locating cabins and getting those Countdown graphics posted here. Hats off to Gambee!!! :D

Archived