Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

We are booked in 13706 for the transatlantic. Had we known it was going to be a hull balcony I do not think we would have selected it. Here is hoping that it isn't

I contacted the PCC and they advised me its not listed as a hull balcony suite...

I also booked 13706 for December and I am also afraid about the potential hull balcony. I have to contact you after your transatlantic :D

Those corner balconies tat are shaped like a triangle, do you think are bigger than the mid-ship balconies?

I just booked the Getaway today and I was curious about the size?

Aso, how can you tell which deck is #11? It's hard for me to decipher these decks from each other.:confused:

Those corner balconies tat are shaped like a triangle, do you think are bigger than the mid-ship balconies?

I just booked the Getaway today and I was curious about the size?

Aso, how can you tell which deck is #11? It's hard for me to decipher these decks from each other.:confused:

Start counting from the top balconies downward, the top balcony lever is 14, that is usually how I do it.

Amazing photos and video

I am excited and not even booked for Breakaway :)

Me too :) Was originally booked on Breakaway for June 9th but came to my senses and booked the Sun to Alaska (one way Vancouver to Whittier) the day bookings opened. We snagged one of the two forward facing balconies on the pool deck so I'm happy. Four of us are cruising for just slightly more than the original booking for two on the Breakaway.

That being said I think Breakaway/Getaway will be amazing and if there should be some fairly large price break on Getaway for first part of 2014 my Epic 8 day next January could be in jeopardy. Otherwise it will be 2015 for Getaway because we have P of A booked for Hawaii Oct 2014 (friends major anniversary). Gosh, too little money, too little time and too many ships ... nice problem to have.

I agree with your observation - it looks like there will not be a full floor to ceiling window next to the tub on S9. I booked this cabin and hope it is not just a porthole. Can't wait to see more actual pictures in the future to see what it really will be like. However, if you look at picture of drawing - the window would only start at the edge of the tub - like waist high.

So maybe it is from rim of tub to ceiling - maybe just covered for safety till later.

Hope to see more pictures soon - thanks for all of you that provided all the pics so far!!!

I absolutely love the hull art....love everything about it...it's young, fresh and so unique....so...I guess as it is in the art world...and the world in general...to each their own!!! Now I want to buy Peter Max's work....

Oh well...

Thanks so much to Mike for the amazing pictures...there is no way I could stay up and still teach my students today...so I enjoyed seeing it through your lens!!!!

It was fun getting home from work to read the 11 pages that have been written since 12 am this morning!!! Well done, folks!

Does this picture show 13706? I just don't see a forward facing regular balcony under the bridge?

http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=279&pid=9126#top_display_media

The wording of the description is a little deceiving,

as it sounds like there is a forward facing balcony, however just the room is forward facing and the balcony is on the side of the ship.

I also booked 13706 for December and I am also afraid about the potential hull balcony. I have to contact you after your transatlantic :D

Well be sure I will be taking lots of photos and video of the room, I think it's going to be a surprise and I hope in a good way!

For those who don't like the Statue of Liberty artwork in particular, the colors are of course way off, but the expression is right on. Now whether one likes the expression, up to you. I'd say 70% determined, 30% tired/working to stay on course. But it's not a happy welcome, it's a hard fought slog welcome. Maybe that's good.

http://www.google.com/search?q=statue+of+liberty+face&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=c48tUbWsHouErQGw7YCgCw&ved=0CDAQsAQ&biw=1110&bih=716

For those who don't like the Statue of Liberty artwork in particular, the colors are of course way off, but the expression is right on. Now whether one likes the expression, up to you. I'd say 70% determined, 30% tired/working to stay on course. But it's not a happy welcome, it's a hard fought slog welcome. Maybe that's good.

http://www.google.com/search?q=statue+of+liberty+face&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=c48tUbWsHouErQGw7YCgCw&ved=0CDAQsAQ&biw=1110&bih=716

Purple, Green and Gold are Mardi Gras colors. But when the day is done, the hull artwork makes for interesting discussion.

Well be sure I will be taking lots of photos and video of the room, I think it's going to be a surprise and I hope in a good way!

Looking forward to see them. I hope that, this is something like a window or second hull balcony outside the bathroom and not the main balcony. :confused:

Ems River conveyance:

March 10, 2013

This is the date she leaves the shipyard and heads out for Sea Trials!!!

:D

P.S. The conveyance is a one way trip. Once she leaves the shipyard she doesn't come back! ;) She'll finish a lot of her exterior work in the next two weeks and after sea trials are over will complete the rest of her outfitting in Eemshaven.

Amazing photos and video

I am excited and not even booked for Breakaway :)

We were booked in an oceanview on the Gem for this Easter, but then decided to do a land vacation to Florida instead and booked balcony cabins on the Breakaway for "Jersey" week in November.

Can't wait!!

Archived