Any suites with separate sleeping area for kids?

ctmama4

Are any of the Grand Suites or Owner's suites on RCCL set up so the kids sleeping on sofa bed can be closed off (by door or curtain) from parents sleeping in bed? The suites seem large, but we really need a separate sleeping area so kids aren't disturbed by tv, etc if parents stay up later.

Looking specifically at GS or OS on Jewel, Navigator, Splendor, Legend or Vision.

Any pictures would be appreciated!

thx

Family staterooms and GS etc all have curtains to divide sofabed and main bed (s). I had to ask RCCI to confirm this when I booked our GS for next year.

If you need a separate area for the kids then the best rooms are the Family Promenade and Family Ocean views......they have a completely separate room with a curtain across (2 Pullmans)...they are great !...we had one on Liberty last year and the boys loved it !!

Sandra

You are generally looking for a "Family Suite" which always have a large master bedroom w/ bath, living room, large balcony, and a second bath. Suites like the Owners suite usually have a separate bedroom with convertible couches in the living room area for the "kids". It should be noted that its a lot cheaper to get two non-suite rooms than a suite, but there is nothing quite like a large suite experience if you can afford it.

Are any of the Grand Suites or Owner's suites on RCCL set up so the kids sleeping on sofa bed can be closed off (by door or curtain) from parents sleeping in bed? The suites seem large, but we really need a separate sleeping area so kids aren't disturbed by tv, etc if parents stay up later.

Looking specifically at GS or OS on Jewel, Navigator, Splendor, Legend or Vision.

Any pictures would be appreciated!

thx

That would be the Royal Family Suite or on Radiance class called Two bedroom suites. Perfect for your situation. Not available to book on-line so call and you're good to go!!

We love the Royal Family Suites. They have 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. There is a living room area with a large TV and table/4 chairs. The balcony is huge. There is usually a minimum of 5 people to book, but it sometimes shows up as available with less closer to sailing.

Thanks for replies. Royal Caribbean rep just told me no suites in their entire fleet have a separate sleeping area - just a curtain separator in all GS and OS.

We like the suite perks, so getting 2 connecting cabins won't be our solution. I'll try looking for ship with a Family Suite and see that configuration.

Thanks for replies. Royal Caribbean rep just told me no suites in their entire fleet have a separate sleeping area - just a curtain separator in all GS and OS.

We like the suite perks, so getting 2 connecting cabins won't be our solution. I'll try looking for ship with a Family Suite and see that configuration.

I believe all ships have one or the other. Meaning the Royal Family Suite or Two bedroom suite. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms and full suite perks!!

You came to the right place for advice! Check out the deck plans. The RFS or 2 room suite does not usually show up on lists of available cabins. You have to call to get prices or to book. Most of the Family Suites are on the aft with wonderful views.

The OS's on the Vision class, while they don't have a separate bedroom, do have a better layout than the Voyager class. The bedroom and living room are more distinct. Also, there are two different TV's in the Vision class. In the Voyager class, there is one TV that swivels between the bedroom and living room. And if you're watching it in the bedroom the surround sounds plays in the living room so that may disturb someone out there. There may be a way to turn that off but I'm not sure. I've never had to. Curtains separate the living room and bedroom in both classes of ship.

I believe all ships have one or the other. Meaning the Royal Family Suite or Two bedroom suite. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms and full suite perks!!

Those are the same cabins, just with different names.

Royal Family Suite (RFS) = old name

Two bedroom Suite (TS) = new name

We love the Royal Family Suites. They have 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. There is a living room area with a large TV and table/4 chairs. The balcony is huge. There is usually a minimum of 5 people to book, but it sometimes shows up as available with less closer to sailing.

We have a family of 4 and was told the same when I called to book. Any of the family suites require a min of 5 ppl and some rooms on the Oasis class need even more to book.

We have a family of 4 and was told the same when I called to book. Any of the family suites require a min of 5 ppl and some rooms on the Oasis class need even more to book.

While the family suites normally require a min of 5 to book, there are times close to sailing when they open it up for any number. Last year a RFS opened up about 6 weeks before sailing and was listed on available cabins. We booked it with 3.

It is sad that they don't train their reps better. We have sometimes seen the Royal Family/Two Bedroom suite come up for 2 well before final payment. It tends to be priced comparably to an OS - If you can't book it now, book the OS and then keep watching.:)

So if you had to pick between a Family oceanview with balcony or two connecting superior with large balcony, which would you pick?

This is for a family vacation on the Oasis for group of 22 and still growing. The kicker is I want to try and put the three brothers +family next to each other with connecting balconies.

It appears the only way to do that is put them all in Family suites on deck 11 as I can't find connecting cabins that will hold everybody and also have connecting balconies.

I know this gets a little confusing. I have two sons with families of five and one son with family of four (at least that's the planned head count for the immediate future).

So if you had to pick between a Family oceanview with balcony or two connecting superior with large balcony, which would you pick?

This is for a family vacation on the Oasis for group of 22 and still growing. The kicker is I want to try and put the three brothers +family next to each other with connecting balconies.

It appears the only way to do that is put them all in Family suites on deck 11 as I can't find connecting cabins that will hold everybody and also have connecting balconies.

I know this gets a little confusing. I have two sons with families of five and one son with family of four (at least that's the planned head count for the immediate future).

I would pick the two connecting balconies over the Family Oceanview with balcony, mainly because you would have 2 bathrooms. Now if the Royal Family Suite is in the mix, I would definately choose with RFS. They are awesome for a wonderful family vacation.

ctmama4' date=' we absolutely loved our royal family suite. There were two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living room and dinette area. Below is a link to my photo album where there are many cabin pics to help you decide. Just click the thumbnail.

2088626830092368476QwIBuP_th.jpg

I am wondering about privacy on those aft balconies. These pictures make it look like the balcony is open to onlookers from above. Maybe a lower deck would be covered?? How much sun do u get aft versus a regular balcony?

Thanks.

I am wondering about privacy on those aft balconies. These pictures make it look like the balcony is open to onlookers from above. Maybe a lower deck would be covered?? Thanks.

I sailed on Voyager and trust me-the cabin above gets a good look at you and as do you with the cabin balcony below!!:eek:

Archived