What would you like to see on the menu?

Hikini

I'm not sure about food as it is now on NCL, as my first NCL cruise will be next year. I'm allergic to shellfish, and get frustrated in restaurants when everything that sounds good also has to include a crab stuffing or scallops and shrimp. I'd love to try the yummy dishes but it's not worth an allergic reaction, and also not worth the trouble of seeing if they can adjust the recipe via special request. In addition, sushi bars can be scary for me because I don't always get someone who can tell me for sure that a particular kind of sushi does or does not have any shellfish included. I wish there was a section clearly labelled shellfish-free. :) Not wanting special treatment, just wishful thinking to make buffets and such a little less intimidating.

Regarding the "plain cake" that someone else mentioned.. I'd never heard of it before, until my husband's great grandmother was on her deathbed. She was around 95 years old and had been saying funny things and telling stories, but would also hallucinate. She was laying in her hospital bed and asked me to go to the oven and check the cake. I played along and asked "What cake?" She told me that she baked a cake. I asked her what kind, and she said "plain cake". I asked what plain cake was, thinking she was just talking crazy. She looked at ME like I was nuts and shook her head. My husband's family then told me about plain cake, and that not all always had a flavoring, icing, etc. I'm sorry, completely sidetracked, but your comment brought back a sweet memory. :)

I don't see Creme Brulee anymore and would love to have that back.

I'd also like to see a fried chicken with mashed potato & gravy entree.

Are you referring to the main dining rooms or Cagney's and Le Bistro? I know those two specialty restaurants have had Creme Brulee since we started sailing NCL in 2001.

... Stevia as a natural sweetener.

Excellent suggestion. I prefer this natural sweetener than the chemicals that comprise the pink, yellow and blue sweeteners. I don't see the green anywhere so I carry my own everywhere I go. It is always in my purse.

Fried Chicken and Waffels together

Creme brulee

Authetic flan

Banana Split

Chicken and Waffles - Yum!

I actually had to laugh when reading this just now.

The "chicken & waffles" idea was brought up for discussion in our staff meeting this morning, and most of us had never heard of that combo. I will admit to making a bit of an Urp noise myself.

Now here I am reading it again.

Perhaps I'll have to give it a try rather than stick with my original "Eww" thought. :)

Would love to see a veal dish...marsala, parm, saltimboca on the menu.

Considering the price of veal I doubt we would see it without an upcharge. (hint hint NCL) Luckily, I make all three of those dishes at home, although usually with chicken. Saltimbocca is my fave! :)

And most importantly, dump Pepsi and bring Coke back.

No, no, no, no, no! lol

Whoever said naan, Im with you on that too.

I'm not sure about food as it is now on NCL, as my first NCL cruise will be next year. I'm allergic to shellfish, and get frustrated in restaurants when everything that sounds good also has to include a crab stuffing or scallops and shrimp. I'd love to try the yummy dishes but it's not worth an allergic reaction, and also not worth the trouble of seeing if they can adjust the recipe via special request. In addition, sushi bars can be scary for me because I don't always get someone who can tell me for sure that a particular kind of sushi does or does not have any shellfish included. I wish there was a section clearly labelled shellfish-free. :) Not wanting special treatment, just wishful thinking to make buffets and such a little less intimidating.

Regarding the "plain cake" that someone else mentioned.. I'd never heard of it before, until my husband's great grandmother was on her deathbed. She was around 95 years old and had been saying funny things and telling stories, but would also hallucinate. She was laying in her hospital bed and asked me to go to the oven and check the cake. I played along and asked "What cake?" She told me that she baked a cake. I asked her what kind, and she said "plain cake". I asked what plain cake was, thinking she was just talking crazy. She looked at ME like I was nuts and shook her head. My husband's family then told me about plain cake, and that not all always had a flavoring, icing, etc. I'm sorry, completely sidetracked, but your comment brought back a sweet memory. :)

Almost sounds like 'johnnycake' from the Bahamas

please don't laugh. CHOCOLATE CREAM PIE WITH FRESH WHIPPED CREAM!

A few years back on the crown they had it once, only once and never to be seen again. It was the BEST I've ever had, it had that great chocolate flavor. Had I have known it was the only one they'd put out all week, I'd have eaten that whole pie myself and paid the price later :)

I just wish they'd do more "regional favorites". Like if you're in the Caribbean, have a Caribbean night in the main dining room, Mexican food in Mexico, Hawaiian food in Hawaii, etc. I know they sometimes have a Mexican buffet, but I would like to see a menu with regional items with little blurbs about the ingredients and origins of the dish served in a restaurant setting. And the Mexican food served on the buffets is not really Mexican food - how about a mole or pisole or tamales? I also agree about the deserts - they are generally horrible, I think because they make most things with gelatin so they can sit for a long time.

1. Cold soups in the main dining room/not just the buffet. 2. Shrimp cocktail appetizers in the main dining rooms. 3. Hot fudge sundae. 4. Fried chicken. 5. Coke products instead of Pepsi. 6. Popcorn in the evenings. 7. One or two nights/week with local food preparation as a choice in the main dining room.

Oh yes, pls try. There is a version of this at IHOP but it does not equal the way I had them years ago. I had them in NYC in harlem. After a night out in the clubs, everyone would be looking for either breakfast or dinner. The place that accomodated was called "Wells Chicken and Waffels". 20 years later, they are still there under different ownership of cours. If you like fried chicken and you like waffels, you should enjoy the combo.

I actually had to laugh when reading this just now.

The "chicken & waffles" idea was brought up for discussion in our staff meeting this morning, and most of us had never heard of that combo. I will admit to making a bit of an Urp noise myself.

Now here I am reading it again.

Perhaps I'll have to give it a try rather than stick with my original "Eww" thought. :)

Oh yes, pls try. There is a version of this at IHOP but it does not equal the way I had them years ago. I had them in NYC in harlem. After a night out in the clubs, everyone would be looking for either breakfast or dinner. The place that accomodated was called "Wells Chicken and Waffels". 20 years later, they are still there under different ownership of cours. If you like fried chicken and you like waffels, you should enjoy the combo.

Archived