What would you like to see on the menu?

Hikini

How about Maine lobster on the Dawn since it leaves from Boston in the summertime. Frozen Caribbean Rock lobster is just not the same. Coke products too. Just my 2 cents

I read that Maine lobstermen are having a stellar year and supplies are way up. Seems this would make total sense. Nothing beats a Maine lobster!

How about Maine lobster on the Dawn since it leaves from Boston in the summertime. Frozen Caribbean Rock lobster is just not the same. Coke products too. Just my 2 cents

As a matter of fact, I read in USA today recently about a deal recently worked out with HAL leaving out of Maine. In a trial run, one of their ships uploaded 2,000 live lobster for the 1,200 approx passengers.

Would have liked to have been in the dining room THAT night.

Am hoping this is a huge success and will spread to NCl.

As a matter of fact, I read in USA today recently about a deal recently worked out with HAL leaving out of Maine. In a trial run, one of their ships uploaded 2,000 live lobster for the 1,200 approx passengers.

Would have liked to have been in the dining room THAT night.

Am hoping this is a huge success and will spread to NCl.

Good for HAL...are you listening NCL ??:)

I would like to see more savory souffles along with sweet souffles.

I would like the Escargots to come back main dining room.

I would like to have tapas.

I would enjoy to see variety of meals throughout the cruise. i was on 17 day cruise and there were times i could not find something new to eat. I kept repeating dishes.

Thanks

Looks like most of my choices are already mentioned. The first is definitely the chilled soups back on the dining room menus, along with shrimp cocktail. The next would be the desserts -- creme brulee and the souffles, specifically. I've also had a few entrees that I've had in the past and haven't seen on recent menus, but I'm getting old and forgetful and don't remember the specifics.

My last suggestion also follows along the coke/pepsi line. I read recently where RCL had installed the new "freestyle" coke dispensers that give you 100 or so different choices. I'd love to see that on the NCL ships.

I would like to see NCL announce the main dining room menus in advance so I won't miss any of my favorite entrees (rack of lamb, ciapinno, duck) when I make my reservations in the specialty dining rooms.

They do this on the Epic already. All menus for each night are available in your stateroom TV. Super convenient.

I will totally agree with the other posters;

- more Indian dishes!

- more authentic Mexican and I really like the idea of regional food

- cold soups

- that watermelon salad sounds lovely!

- souffles for sure

Haven't anything new to add. Just wanted to repeat in a parrot-like fashion.

And now I'm all hungry... although I confess, the "waffles & fried chicken" made me :eek::eek::eek:. I might have to hunt that down some day and try it..

Absolutely agree with the suggestion that NCL improve their deserts, with a special emphasis on chocolate that tastes like chocolate (as was mentioned).

I would also prefer Coke products, but I realize you can't please everyone with the Coke/Pepsi issue.

But everyone would appreciate better deserts.

Coke.

chocolate made into desserts worth the calories.....took NOTHING from the choc buffet last month....all the same nearly tasteless stuff. missed the choc covered apple -probably would have liked something simple like that. i like the gelatin cakes if they have FLAVOR...too light a touch with the flavor.

On the NCL Sky in 2003 they had an appetizer called "Norwegian Dilled Shrimp" and it was really delicious. I never saw it again that cruise or in the following 7 cruises. I'd love to have it again.

When we were on the Spirit they had only 1 night you could go to dinner at the "Taste of India". I had never had Indian food before and it was really cheap (I think $10pp) and they served like 23 courses.

WOW :eek: the food was amazing!!! I liked everything but maybe 2 things that was served.

I now hear that they no longer have the Taste of India and it's a shame. They should make this a regular on ALL OF THE SHIPS! I know there was definitely a crowd (full house) that 1 night they offered it on my cruise. I would think this would be a money maker for NCL.

BRING IT BACK NCL! :D

When we were on the Spirit they had only 1 night you could go to dinner at the "Taste of India". I had never had Indian food before and it was really cheap (I think $10pp) and they served like 23 courses.

WOW :eek: the food was amazing!!! I liked everything but maybe 2 things that was served.

I now hear that they no longer have the Taste of India and it's a shame. They should make this a regular on ALL OF THE SHIPS! I know there was definitely a crowd (full house) that 1 night they offered it on my cruise. I would think this would be a money maker for NCL.

Darn! I wanted to do that this trip, I missed it last time and didnt know about it at all on my 1st cruise. :(

I was so looking forward to this. Is it really gone? Thought it might be a lunch on some ships?

I was so looking forward to this. Is it really gone? Thought it might be a lunch on some ships?

I know it was there last September.

When we were going on the Pearl this past March, I ask people here on CC if they had it on there and they said No and people started saying that they had done away with it all the way. I was sad to hear that and wish that they would put them on all the ships. They did mention that the reason they got rid of it was because they wanted to keep it consistent with all of the fleet. My thought...then put it on EVERY ship. :D

Nooooo! :( That food was so good. I wish that they had lots of Indian food in the buffet. I agree they should add ToI fleet wide.

I hope you are right. Now that you mention it, the one I saw was a lunch, not a dinner.

When you look at the menu on NCL...it's no longer listed either:

http://www2.ncl.com/sites/default/files/DiningGuide_05212012.pdf

Hmm, I looked very quickly and I didnt see some other special meals like the "Best Of" or "Jazz" brunches.

This gives me hope I'll find it (at least as a lunch) in December! :D

We were on the Pearl and then the Sun earlier this year and they had it . When did they stop?:confused:

Archived