What would you like to see on the menu?

Hikini

I want to be able to buy the food at the Chef's table without going to it. That goat cheese and tomato course was outstanding. I will not request the Chef's table as we just did it in May and there is only room for 12. Not really fair if I try and take the place of someone who has never been.

Wow, great question, Hikini.

It's been a few years since I cruised NCL, and I've only cruised with them twice, but I've been happy with the food, especially Le Bistro.

But the very best meal I've had on NCL was in the Courtyard lounge on Pride of Hawaii 5-6 years ago for breakfast. It was like Eggs Benedict, but with a crab cake instead of ham. :eek: Awesome. I think I had it 5 times on a 7-night cruise. :o

I'm in the Haven on Epic in March. Sure hope they have that egg-crab cake thing. That's what I hope to see on the menu.

Creme Brulee is available in Le Bistro and Ginza (Asian Fusion) but I totally I agree about having it available more. I would love to see it as a regular dessert in the buffet. Yum yum.

I'd like more vegetarian Indian food and vegetarian food that isn't pasta. It would also be cool to just be able to order dishes of steamed and seasoned veggies (without putting anyone through trouble) for those evenings when you're just too full for a meal and want something tasty and healthy.

Does this include drinks and etc? I'd like to see Cafe Boheme cream liqueur available as well as Stevia as a natural sweetener.

Oh and I forgot.Greek Yogurt and Carrot Juice. Add those two and all is perfect in the world. LOL

I would absolutely love to see the return of the "Hearts of Palm Salad." It was something I looked forward to every time I cruised, and was so sad when it disappeared.

Would also love to see the return of Chateaubriand. We enjoyed that in the MDR way back in 2006, and it was so amazing that several of us actually ordered a second round of it that night! It was THAT GOOD.

Lastly, please count me in on the vote to return the cold soups to MDR! Oh how I miss those, and since we very rarely eat in the buffet, and I keep forgetting that they are available there, I would just love to see them reappear on the menu!

Thanks for this thread Hikini!!!

... now I'm hungry. :p

While you cold soup fans want it, I want the water melon and fried feta salad!

Oh, and the chocolate apricot torte.

I completely agree on the watermelon and fried feta salad - that was amazingly good!!!

Did they get rid of the Creme Brulee? Another thread had people wanting either the return of, or additional opportunities to have Creme Brulee. In June or July of 2011 we had Creme Brulee with the chocolate ganache in the main dining room of the Spirit. It was delicious!!! So, if NCL has done away with the dessert, then I, too, cast a vote for its return.

I'd like NCL to offer diet cakes similar to Carnival and Royal Caribbean. I absolutely love Carnival's Diet/Spa Carnival Cakes: Orange Cake, Coconut Cake, Mango Cake, and Banana Cake.

Did they get rid of the Creme Brulee? Another thread had people wanting either the return of, or additional opportunities to have Creme Brulee. In June or July of 2011 we had Creme Brulee with the chocolate ganache in the main dining room of the Spirit. It was delicious!!! So, if NCL has done away with the dessert, then I, too, cast a vote for its return.

I'd like NCL to offer diet cakes similar to Carnival and Royal Caribbean. I absolutely love Carnival's Diet/Spa Carnival Cakes: Orange Cake, Coconut Cake, Mango Cake, and Banana Cake.

On all of our NCL cruises we've had the Creme Brulee, except this past one....and we missed it! I don't see it on any of the current menus except in the specialty restaurants.

And here's a suggestion from my plain-speaking, plain-eating husband:

How about plain cake with unadulterated icing? NCL adds ingredients to elevate the final product. But hubby just wants a plain white or chocolate sheet cake with plain chocolate or vanilla frosting.

He barely partakes of sweets on NCL beyond ice cream, because everything else is flavored or "tainted" with unnecessary mix-ins.

a lobster tail that is bigger than the 1 or 2 ounce one they serve now with the piece of fish. I always looked forward to this meal on every cruise and when they paired the tiny tail (i have seen bigger shrimp) with the fish it really dissapointed our entire family and friends that always cruise with us. I understand the need to keep food cost in line but enough is enough. Also on all of our cruises there was at least 1 or 2 nights they would offer a shrimp cocktail as an appetizer-havent seen that for a while-except in cagneys(excellent)

Archived