hal caneletto charges now?

jadragnfly

we were on amsterdam in may 2012 several months ago and the caneletto it was free. now i read on anothr site its $10 a person. Does this include the standendam which we will be boarding this sunday aug 26th? does anyone know? is each ship allowed to charge or was a policy enacted recently?

we were on amsterdam in may 2012 several months ago and the canaletto was free. now i read on anothr site its $10 a person. Does this include the standendam which we will be boarding this sunday aug 26th? does anyone know? is each ship allowed to charge or was a policy enacted recently?

They have just started to introduce a charge and Oosterdam had done so. We didn't dine there but once when it was free and did not go (and pay)on our recent cruise.

The price includes a glass of wine or soft drink.

So far it is a Test being done on a few ships -- I think Oosterdam and Westerdam and maybe one other ship.

HAL is testing to see if people are willing to pay a fee to eat at the Canaletto.

The ships that are charging also give you a free glass of the house wine, or a free glass of house beer or a free glass of soda.

They have just started to introduce a charge and Oosterdam had done so. We didn't dine there but once when it was free and did not go (and pay)on our recent cruise.

The price includes a glass of wine or soft drink.

Given that the wine cost around $5, that makes it a $5 fee. Not sure I would pay or not. We have enjoyed our meals there but I am getting a little tired of little fees popping up on things.

So far it is a Test being done on a few ships -- I think Oosterdam and Westerdam and maybe one other ship.

HAL is testing to see if people are willing to pay a fee to eat at the Canaletto.

The ships that are charging also give you a free glass of the house wine, or a free glass of house beer or a free glass of soda.

A recent review from Zuiderdam suggests they're charging as well. It was free for us last month but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Looks like it's slowly rolling out across the Vista class, maybe the fleet?

It is free on Veendam, when asked if they will charge I was told they had no plans to do so.

Maybe they haven't gotten the 'word' yet or maybe they aren't saying so......yet? ;)

If you are on a Signature ship, add an extra five and spend the money in Tamarind. You'll be much more satisfied.

I agree. While we have eaten at Canaletto several times and found the food to fine would like to see more and better options for an up charge. We love Tamarind as so many here mention and will gladly pay more for it. Much better food and the service is always impeccable.

Archived