A Carnival junkie sails NCL for the first time

ShelleyQT

Seems you're answering your OWN question! Have you even contributed anything useful on CC since you joined? All I see are obnoxious, confrontational posts! But you know what, enough of YOU!

:rolleyes:

Yep. Plenty.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

This really isn't that difficult. You must be skipping around posts, but I will help you one more time.

I responded to someone talking about all of CC. Not just this one thread. My posts are not the only positive ones on CC and I referred him/het to the front page here on the Carnival board. Got it now?

I don't have the luxury of following your nonsense for an entire weekend. I can promise you I responded to your post which referred to the "front page" presumably that meant of this thread and not the Carnival board because the front page of this thread is static (unless we "poof it") and the front page of the Carnival board changes minute by minute and at one point almost half of it was filled with VIFP threads, all of them negative. It certainly can not mean ALL of CC (as you contended most recently) as CCL is routinely bashed on almost every other line's board.

Little technical tip for you RRaal, just click the arrow to the right side of the user name (>) in a cited post, and it will take you to the post that was being responded to. No smoke in mirrors on my part - you are just confused - which is understandable given how much contradictory nonsense you have spewed on this thread.

260 posts over 6000 views and not 1 single person has even come close to agreeing with you! So much for your "theory"! As Hamlet once said "The lady (or whatever gender you are) doth protest too much, methinks!"

I pride myself on never using the ignore button (what doesn't kill us makes us stronger) - but I'm very tempted. If it wasn't so much fun to expose what a fool he is, I'd probably take the easy way out. For now I'll be content to continue to club this baby seal.

o

Little technical tip for you Rall, just click the arrow to the right side of ne name in a cited post and it will take you to the post that was being responded to.

DID NOT KNow THAT

I pride myself on never using the ignore button (what doesn't kill us makes us stronger) - but I'm very tempted. If it wasn't so much fun to expose what a fool he is, I'd probably take the easy way out. For now I'll be content to continue to club this baby seal.

I dont ignore list anyone one Bt I guess Im assuming noone has Ignored me:eek:

I don't have the luxury of following your nonsense for an entire weekend. I can promise you I responded to your post which referred to the "front page" presumably that meant of this thread and not the Carnival board because the front page of this thread is static (unless we "poof it") and the front page of the Carnival board changes minute by minute and at one point almost half of it was filled with VIFP threads, all of them negative. It certainly can not mean ALL of CC (as you contended most recently) as CCL is routinely bashed on almost every other line's board.

Little technical tip for you RRaal, just click the arrow to the right side of the user name (>) in a cited post, and it will take you to the post that was being responded to. No smoke in mirrors on my part - you are just confused - which is understandable given how much contradictory nonsense you have spewed on this thread.

Thick huh? Can't let it go that you, yes you, misread a post. I quoted the post I was responding too. Pretty simple stuff. Because YOU THOUGHT it meant this thread when it was CLEAR it didn't, is your problem. But I forgive for the error of your ways.

They're #2 to my Giants. But I do like both.

OK RRLLAL - You're right it must be my fault for thinking that when you wrote "the 1ts page here" you meant the Carnival board and not this thread or all of CC. :)

As a point of fact, at this moment, there are as many threads about the Hurricane and the New internet as there are positive threads about Carnival. And there is just one fewer negative thread. On the whole there are more questions (about I phones and shore excursions, ect)than postive opinions. So no matter how you slice your statement that "there are more postive threads on the 1st page here than anthing" is just plain wrong - my little white furried friend.

baby.jpg

aww :D caption this!

o

I dont ignore list anyone one Bt I guess Im assuming noone has Ignored me:eek:

But an ignore list would cut deeply into the entertainment value of the Carnival board. :D

OK RRLLAL - You're right it must be my fault for thinking that when you wrote "the 1ts page here" you meant the Carnival board and not this thread or all of CC. :)

As a point of fact, at this moment, there are as many threads about the Hurricane and the New internet as there are positive threads about Carnival. And there is just one fewer negative thread. On the whole there are more questions (about I phones and shore excursions, ect)than postive opinions. So no matter how you slice your statement that "there are more postive threads on the 1st page here than anthing" is just plain wrong - my little white furried friend.

Did you quote the wrong post AGAIN? You replied to a post about the Jets and Giants. :thumbup:

I found Norwegian prices were on par with Carnival in 2010 and 2011. However starting this year the prices are getting slightly higher. For example if you book early you can go on a 2012 Epic Miami sailing for around $700 in a balcony. That's dirt cheap. But good luck finding such low price for any 2013 Epic sailing. It reflects the market. People are ok with paying more.

You may be right. I haven't looked too deeply into 2013...except for the TA on the Epic which was dirt cheap. I only wish my DH could take the time off for that one. Unfortunately, 2013 isn't going to be the year for a long cruise for us I think...

Oh and yes, we are willing to pay more to sail NCL....and we'd be willing to pay more on CCL to get what we used to feel we got on that line as well. I never expected to have the rates stay stagnant...I expcted them to rise like everything else and for my cruise experience to remain equal (or even better). That hasn't been the case (for us anyway).

Oh and Neal....please stop talking about seal clubbing. The visual in my head is just horrific every time I read the phrase.

After 15 cruises with Carnival, We are about to spread our wings and try other cruise lines. The first one up for me is NCL Sky next month, and then we're going on NCL Epic with a bunch of friends of mine. I am so looking forward to experiencing a new ship, with all of its bells and whistles!

After 15 cruises with Carnival, We are about to spread our wings and try other cruise lines. The first one up for me is NCL Sky next month, and then we're going on NCL Epic with a bunch of friends of mine. I am so looking forward to experiencing a new ship, with all of its bells and whistles!

Have a great cruise! We'll miss you!

You will have fun on the Sky, feel free to read my review, its in my signature.

Thanks for the comparison. I'm sure it was helpful to some considering branching out. There is no rule that says you must pick one line and stay with it.

I am thinking its like pizza. One place I get pizza has a thick crispy crust, another has a double (top and bottom crust) and yet another has a sweeter pizza sauce and uses a different kind of cheese. They each have their own unique flavor and, once in a while, I try a pizza from some place new.

I have only been on one cruise, but I did learn that it is what you make it. There were lots of things I could have complained about and dwelt on to the point of ruining my experience, but the simple fact that I was away from home and had no responsibilities was enough for me and that is my only goal on my next cruise coming up. Keep a good attitude and don't expect so much. A land vacation can be less than perfect, too.

My favorite part of my cruise was most of the other passengers least favorite. While they were all holed up in their cabins complaining (or being sick) DH and I were out on deck having the most amazing experience as we sailed through a tropical storm! It was AWESOME!!! I will never forget it!!

Have a great cruise! We'll miss you!

Are you literally crazy??? How on earth are you that pro-Carnival???? Do you own the company or something? (if that's the case, there are a lot of people out there that have some complaints for you!) There are VERY few things in the world that I feel even remotely that passionate about. At least as far as an actual product.

Personally, I like reading comparisons. I've only sailed RC and Carnival. In my experience, I will take RC almost any day. In all fairness, I've only sailed "larger" ships on both lines, so I can't count any of the smaller, older ships. For me, it's not even about the cut backs or the "add-ons" you keep talking about (not sure what they are....except red frog pub-now that's a great add on!!) It's about the crowds on Carnival....or at least the newer, larger ships. There is literally no way they compete against RC with this. Carnival just keeps making stretched out versions of old lay outs and simply adding more cabins....no more public space. I don't know the exact ratios, but I do know for sure that RC has a better space/passenger ratio, again on the newer, larger ships.

All that being said, we're going on the Dream next year. For my sisters, they prefer Carnival at this point in life because they have young kids and the prices are generally less for them (3rd/4th passengers) So if we want to cruise with my family, we go with them on Carnival. If my husband and I are going alone or with friends, we choose RC. I like reading these comparisons while I'm researching my next cruise so it gives me something else to look into for our next trip. If someone that generally enjoys Carnival likes another line as well, then it may be something that would interest me since I do "generally" enjoy Carnival.

Are you literally crazy??? How on earth are you that pro-Carnival???? Do you own the company or something? (if that's the case, there are a lot of people out there that have some complaints for you!) There are VERY few things in the world that I feel even remotely that passionate about. At least as far as an actual product.

Personally, I like reading comparisons. I've only sailed RC and Carnival. In my experience, I will take RC almost any day. In all fairness, I've only sailed "larger" ships on both lines, so I can't count any of the smaller, older ships. For me, it's not even about the cut backs or the "add-ons" you keep talking about (not sure what they are....except red frog pub-now that's a great add on!!) It's about the crowds on Carnival....or at least the newer, larger ships. There is literally no way they compete against RC with this. Carnival just keeps making stretched out versions of old lay outs and simply adding more cabins....no more public space. I don't know the exact ratios, but I do know for sure that RC has a better space/passenger ratio, again on the newer, larger ships.

All that being said, we're going on the Dream next year. For my sisters, they prefer Carnival at this point in life because they have young kids and the prices are generally less for them (3rd/4th passengers) So if we want to cruise with my family, we go with them on Carnival. If my husband and I are going alone or with friends, we choose RC. I like reading these comparisons while I'm researching my next cruise so it gives me something else to look into for our next trip. If someone that generally enjoys Carnival likes another line as well, then it may be something that would interest me since I do "generally" enjoy Carnival.

He is a better Brand Ambassador than John Heald LOL

Each entitled to their own opinion.

It makes no diffrence who the majority is, most of us don't pay for anyone else's cruises. All that matters is we are happy with the product.

It makes no differnce if Carnival will miss me should I make another choice. I would still be happy knowing I wasn't spending my money for a product that has become inferior. Why do I care if they don't miss me? I'm not married to them for crying out loud.

It's not all black or white, there are several shades of grey. I have many fond memories of my Carnival cruises. I don't hate Carnival. I just want to spread my wings and experince what else is out ther because Carnival is no longer the product it used to be in regards to quality of food, entertainment, or service.

I don't know how many times you have cruised with Carnival and I am not going to play that card. I would venture to guess though that the majority of those who enjoy the product now will not be satifised with it 5 years from now if they continue to go in this current direction.

But who cares what the majority is. If it's working for you, more power to you. If it doesn't, there is no shame in looking for alternatives. It's your vacation $. Spend it where you want to.

I agree with you points here. Vacations, and money are both in short supply these days. You have to vote with your wallet, utilizing any criteria you deem appropriate. I currently sail on Carnival Ships, but I will make another choice as soon as I feel like thats the best bet for my money. Being a repeat customer includes the concept of consumer. With that said I understand the emotions these topics generate, because there are some who come on these boards with an agenda that includes making us Carnival folks look like we are lowclass wanabes (not you of course). One of the reasons we havent tried RC yet is that we have had a few bad interactions with snooty people who bad mouth our vacation choices without trying Carnival. When I think of the awesome people, both crew and guests, we have met on Carnival it disgusts me. I dont really want to hang out with the Posers who think more money automatically equals better product and less riff raff. If Carnival is playing some game here to test the lower limits of what we will tolerate they will lose good customers. We like live music, We like eaing in the MDR, and we like to keep the non-included items to a minimum (with the exception of Alchahol, thats my fault). Drift too far from this and I will leave Carnival, but I wont come on here and pontificate on much better the other Line is.

For me, and for me only:

As far as NCL having "better entertainment".....I live a few blocks from B'way. I go there about once a month. No matter what's on NCL, it won't be the caliber I'm used to.

Band on the Lido Deck....when I hear one of those bands, I run and hide. I'd prefer piped in "elevator music".

I like the afternoon teas on Carnival. AFIK they don't have this on NCL. I like the soft music and the ambiance.

I like that the sauna/steam room etc is included with Carnival. It's extra on NCL.

We always eat in the buffet. Being from the heart on NYC, we do not have those Country Kitchen type things. That I can pick what I want and eat viewing the ocean is something I really enjoy. I find the Carnival buffets better than the NCL buffets. I don't care about "being served". I eat out all the time at home, and get served. That's not a novelty.

I've never had a problem with the staff. I don't need or want to be treated like royalty. I'm happy with a clean room. If the steward doesn't greet me with a cheery smile...it makes no difference to me.

The only thing I would like, and that would make a difference...and that neither line has is.....intelligent lectures. I'm not talking about "where to buy jewelry" or "the wonderful art bargains". I'm thinking a lecture about the history/fauna/flora/culture of whatever port you're headed to. Not something "to sell", but something to educate (I know I'm alone on this).

With all this being said.....Carnival is a better line for me. It includes more things that I actually care about. So...if given the choice of the same dates, itineraries, and price....I'd enjoy myself more on Carnival. (It's purely coincidence that my Carnival cruise is $600 less than the NCL one. I booked Carnival because I prefer it.)

But...as I began...I'm only speaking for me.

Your not alone with the appreciation of an Intelligent Lecture. That would be great. The shopping lectures are an insult to most peoples intelligence. The "lecturers" should have to tell the audience how they are compensated by the stores they recommend.

Sorry if someone else already noticed this but I haven't read all the recent posts. I have noticed that RRLLAL has pulled his cruise history from his signature thus making it harder for people to know he has only cruised CCL. And has no comparison to back up his theory that CCL still offers the best product out there.

caption? since you asked, how about "hit me baby one more time"?

:D As long as it doesn't back paddle away. :D

Sorry if someone else already noticed this but I haven't read all the recent posts. I have noticed that RRLLAL has pulled his cruise history from his signature thus making it harder for people to know he has only cruised CCL. And has no comparison to back up his theory that CCL still offers the best product out there.

Interesting ;)

I heard he went to Cabo.

Archived