A Carnival junkie sails NCL for the first time

ShelleyQT

A happy ending for all!! I love it!

(I think my 'ignore list' is the kiss of death. Eventually, everyone I put on it winds up in Cabo.....)

Just out of curiosity . . . did you put Cruise4Tunes (yes, an intended variation) on that list?? He appears to be visiting Cabo as well, pehaps making that flight last Thursday.

If so . . . you definitely do have mystical powers!! :D :D

just out of curiosity . . . did you put cruise4tunes (yes, an intended variation) on that list?? he appears to be visiting cabo as well, pehaps making that flight last thursday.

if so . . . you definitely do have mystical powers!! :d :d

:d:d:d

My friend took an NCL cruise this year...said the food was really bad...she took the same cruise two years ago and said the food was great

I still think that if you cruise for food you will be let down on most cruiselines

All lines have made cutbacks and will continue until the economy changes.

Companies are no longer satisfied making some profits...it is Demanded they make HUGE profits.

The NEW economy....yeah get as much as you can it as little time as possible

Just out of curiosity . . . did you put Cruise4Tunes (yes, an intended variation) on that list?? He appears to be visiting Cabo as well, pehaps making that flight last Thursday.

If so . . . you definitely do have mystical powers!! :D :D

I'll go look. I don't recognize that name....

LOL...I didn't recognize the VARIATION!!

Yes, that one is on my list and was for quite a while.

No mystical powers involved. I just recognize someone with nothing productive to say. I don't put people I disagree with on ignore....only obvious trouble making idiots. Unfortunately the list is HUGE. Most on there are either in Cabo, or using different names. Many of the names on my list probably belong to only a handful of people who seem to have multiple personality disorder.....unfortunately all of their personalities suck. :p

My friend took an NCL cruise this year...said the food was really bad...she took the same cruise two years ago and said the food was great

I still think that if you cruise for food you will be let down on most cruiselines

All lines have made cutbacks and will continue until the economy changes.

Companies are no longer satisfied making some profits...it is Demanded they make HUGE profits.

The NEW economy....yeah get as much as you can it as little time as possible

Funny, my experience has been the opposite. The food I had on my last NCL cruises was better than earlier ones. I only started cruising them in 2007.

Having just got off a long CCL cruise in April and sailing on NCL in two weeks, I am curious to compare because my last NCL cruises, the food was absolutely compareable to what CCL now serves....very little difference EXCEPT in lobster tail which Carnival does better than NCL or RCI.

In all honesty, if food was that vitally important to me, I wouldn't cruise any line. The food you get on a ship is nowhere as good as what I would get in any restaurant I choose to go to...OR what I make at home for that matter.

I know that food is subjective, but the food on NCL is far closer to CCL's than Royals is. The worst cruise food I ever had was on Royal (Explorer of the Seas/Bayonne to Bermuda)....I am sure the Allure is amazing and I would sail her in a heartbeat, but if food is important to you, Royal isn't the best line imo.

We are buying the specialty restaurant package where you get three (Chops/Giovannis/Samba Grill) for $55 and we'll do another night at Izumi. That really only leaves three days for MDR. We haven't been on RCI in six years. But I never had a problem with their food. I did have a problem with Carnival's on our last cruise. Princess is still my favorite for MDR food. But all MDR food is basically function/banquet food.

We are buying the specialty restaurant package where you get three (Chops/Giovannis/Samba Grill) for $55 and we'll do another night at Izumi. That really only leaves three days for MDR. We haven't been on RCI in six years. But I never had a problem with their food. I did have a problem with Carnival's on our last cruise. Princess is still my favorite for MDR food.

We havnt been on Allure but just did Radiance with the dinner package/new venues.

Chops is always good

Samba grill is alot of food. Dont load up on the salad bar.

Izumi was actually pretty fresh sushi.

RCCL is supposedly changing the MDR menu in the near future as well

We are buying the specialty restaurant package where you get three (Chops/Giovannis/Samba Grill) for $55 and we'll do another night at Izumi. That really only leaves three days for MDR. We haven't been on RCI in six years. But I never had a problem with their food. I did have a problem with Carnival's on our last cruise. Princess is still my favorite for MDR food. But all MDR food is basically function/banquet food.

I agree with the banquet food statement. It's not bad...it's just not excellent and I can't expect it to be when they are feeding thousands of people at a time. I certainly never go hungry on any cruise :)

I have also heard from others that Princess mdr food is quite good.

• 11 months later...

Archived