My Carnival Sale Prediction

KPGirl

Its not a sale if you can book early saver... Early saver is always the cheapest, even over past guest rate. They just trick you with the sale. The only thing is half off deposit. But why does that matter, you still have to pay it eventually.... We just booked & was cheapest to do early saver.

Its not a sale if you can book early saver... Early saver is always the cheapest, even over past guest rate. They just trick you with the sale. The only thing is half off deposit. But why does that matter, you still have to pay it eventually.... We just booked & was cheapest to do early saver.

I agree with you. I don't get the benefit of reduced deposit. You would end up paying more at time of final payment. I would prefer to put up a bigger deposit now with a smaller payment later.:confused:

We booked the Sunshine today on the 3 day sale promotion. We received the reduced deposit and $150 in onboard credit. We booked a balcony cabin

Hope you made out ok but whenever i look they give you obc and raise the cabin price by more than the obc.

I hope they don't extend the "sale". As long as they are having a "sale the prices are pretty much locked in. I was hoping for a price drop or two before my cruise.

If not, oh well. I was happy with the price when I booked it and have gotten a meager amout of OBC.

This is the first time I booked ES because I usually can't schedule a vacation that for out in advance. Luck of the draw I guess.

Hope you made out ok but whenever i look they give you obc and raise the cabin price by more than the obc.

Most of the time I agree but...

Ive been looking at a couple cruises over the past few weeks and the same cabins, were the same price pre sale, as they were during the sale.

I was actually surprised:eek:

I am looking to book a cruise for the week of Nov 2, Nov 3....

I hope the Labor Day Sale reduces prices because so far..they have not fallen.

If they have a bunch of open cabins closer to sail date prices will come down as they fill the ship. Otherwise prices may well go up.

I cant /or never booked an ES Rate due to booking that far out and have restrictions.

So I usually book within 2 months or less, my price booking are pack n go for the shorter crusies,

But for longer cruises, I book a lido balcony and well the last cruise “sale” got me a pretty good price for booking late, now im sure its not as good as the ES price but for me it worked..

So with all the folks who post its not a sale … is it cause you have already been booked with a es rate and are looking for a price drop?? Or before final payment and looking for a price drop??

I dont consider this nonsense a sale.

Ditto! I would have to pay $80pp more for a room right next door to the one I have now:eek:

Now if I wanted to book at a different rate it is only a few dollars more than what I paid. So cheaper for someone to book another rate rather than the sale. Guess what I can't figure out if a person sees several different rates and the "SALE" rate is a lot more expensive for the exact same room...then why would they choose the "SALE" rate?

I cant /or never booked an ES Rate due to booking that far out and have restrictions.

So I usually book within 2 months or less, my price booking are pack n go for the shorter crusies,

But for longer cruises, I book a lido balcony and well the last cruise “sale” got me a pretty good price for booking late, now im sure its not as good as the ES price but for me it worked..

So with all the folks who post its not a sale … is it cause you have already been booked with a es rate and are looking for a price drop?? Or before final payment and looking for a price drop??

The net price is higher than the day before.

No...the SALE price shows it is a lot more expensive than other rates for the same room right now.. So why pick the one that says SALE when you can get a cheaper rate for the same room? This is on several cruises that I have been watching.

No...the SALE price shows it is a lot more expensive than other rates for the same room right now.. So why pick the one that says SALE when you can get a cheaper rate for the same room? This is on several cruises that I have been watching.

I always see this too. I had a 20pp obc on an inside on the Liberty that I had booked ES. It was senior rate... and they actually had the ability to choose your cabin, so I was able to price match it to the cabin I had on Panarama deck. Then pack and go rates came out for balcony... which ended up being 70pp more than originally booked. So I grabbed that...ended up on deck 8 which was selling for 500 more total before the pack and go came out.

I think that past guest rate should always be the best rate. It should always be cheaper than early saver which anyone can book... but it isnt... oh well... what can we say..:rolleyes:

Archived