No more email for shareholder benefit

FLACRUISER99

As of 2:00 PM central time today HAL will not accept an email for the OBC. I just hung up from talking with HAL, this is the new CCL policy and that is what they are going with

EVERY DAY AT SEA IS A GREAT DAY

Did they give any reason why they made this change?

As of 2:00 PM central time today HAL will not accept an email for the OBC. I just hung up from talking with HAL, this is the new CCL policy and that is what they are going with

EVERY DAY AT SEA IS A GREAT DAY

Just got mine in there in the nick of time. What a stupid way to go.

Did they give any reason why they made this change?

Because our next upcoming cruise is on Princess, I spoke to someone there today regarding the new policy, which came down from Carnival Corp, not the individual cruise lines. She said it was a security issue that prompted the change.

Because our next upcoming cruise is on Princess, I spoke to someone there today regarding the new policy, which came down from Carnival Corp, not the individual cruise lines. She said it was a security issue that prompted the change.

A Security Issue lol:p:p:p

Whenever the government and Corporate America wants to make some moronic change, they blame it on "security issues"

I have always mailed my stock credit requests in as I feel that is safer than an email, which can easily be forwarded on. I want to limit the exposure to my stock account number.

DaveOKC

No matter which way you send it, it should not show your account number.

No matter which way you send it, it should not show your account number.

Good point - I THINK I blacked out the number, but left the brokers name and address. That is why I mailed it in, as I did not know how to black out the number on an email. Still, the less info out there the better.

DaveOKC

I just got off the phone with Gwenn at HAL about my Shareholder benifit I emailed on 8/26 and she said I had been credited for my 9/22 cruise.

I discussed this issue of emailing and FAX or snail mail and she said they were working on security issues but that we could still email our request in and just black out all but the last two numbers on our account.

I'm keeping the list with the email address and will try it again with Princess for a Jan 2013 cruise.

...I'm keeping the list with the email address and will try it again with Princess for a Jan 2013 cruise.

I understand that Princess de-activated their shareholder email account at least a week ago ... anything sent there bounces back immediately. Won't work for Princess ... sorry.

I understand that Princess de-activated their shareholder email account at least a week ago ... anything sent there bounces back immediately. Won't work for Princess ... sorry.

That is correct. I spoke with Princess this morning and they are unable to email either way on shareholder benefits due to new procedures sent down from Carnival.

I was afraid this might happen. :(

I work for a bank and we do not send or receive any sensitive customer information via email. In some cases, however, we do accept it by fax.

Don't get me wrong, I realize there are inherent risks to sending and receiving via fax too but it seems to be acceptable vs. email for most companies. This is also - I've been told - a legislative issue (in Canada) and the Privacy Act does not consider email transmission to be safe. In the event personal details are compromised, the company could perhaps be held liable for allowing/encouraging a customer to use this method.

IMO, what a person deems safe/comfortable for them should dictate the policy but I'm sure people have been burned, the laws/rules were created and now we all must blow dust from our fax machines.

Archived