Room service on Riviera

cruisun

OK..Let me clear up the DINNER question..

PH and above can order from ANY Restaurant on board.

All other Categories must order from the Room Service menu.

Sorry to disappoint some of you..this comes from "the boss"

Jancruz1

I just called Oceania...the representative who answered the phone said anyone on the ship can order dinner in their room from the grand dining room menu and also get a hot breakfast in their room including eggs.

I asked her to double check...she came back and corrected herself about breakfast but said she was right about dinner...anyone can order room service from the main dining room dinner menu.

But I think Oceania would prefer that you order from the menu or menus in your room. It looks like breakfast is tricky for them since even in an Oceania suite Eggs Benedict was not on the breakfast room service menu (available by special request)

Sorry, the reps that answer the phone at Oceania are not always aware of what happens on the ship..actually we had the same question about breakfast several months ago..any stateroom under PH has to order from room service menu..

Jancruz1

OK..Let me clear up the DINNER question..

PH and above can order from ANY Restaurant on board.

All other Categories must order from the Room Service menu.

Sorry to disappoint some of you..this comes from "the boss"

Jancruz1

Jan,

are you sure about this? On the Oceania website, the butler services are only specified from the OC Suites. For me, as a real foodie, the possibility of ordering in the speciality restaurants would be the reason to take a suite instead of the Concierge Veranda (even if it were only through room service).

I am not Jan but do know PH can order from the specialties and have a butler. PH are certainly considered suites.

We ordered once from Jacques and a 2nd time for our 25th wedding anniversary. For our anniversary the butler brought us all our favorites (mix and match from the 4 specialties)

Jan,

are you sure about this? On the Oceania website, the butler services are only specified from the OC Suites. For me, as a real foodie, the possibility of ordering in the speciality restaurants would be the reason to take a suite instead of the Concierge Veranda (even if it were only through room service).

Im not sure if you are asking if there are butlers in the PH..and YES I am positive!!

Jancruz1

Jan,

If you look under PH suites tab up in the yellow section next to the picture BUTLER INCLUDED

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/marina/staterooms/default.aspx

also listed in Suite Privileges

I see the in suite dining is not listed under the PH cabins an oversight or bad proof reading when doing the website???

as they used to be for PH suites as well as the OS, VS & OC suites

Reading the website about the different suites it would seem that you have en suite dining in Penthouse and above but course by course in only Oceania suite and above.

I did not see anything about ordering from the specialty restaurants in the Penthouse suites but I thought you could. We have never been in a Penthouse suite.

The paragraph detailing Butler services is not in the description of the Penthouse suites as it is for the Oceania suite and above.

But the description of the Penthouse suites does list a 24 hr butler.

If you look under PH suites tab up in the yellow section next to the picture BUTLER INCLUDED

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/marina/staterooms/default.aspx

also listed in Suite Privileges

I see the in suite dining is not listed under the PH cabins an oversight or bad proof reading when doing the website???

as they used to be for PH suites as well as the OS, VS & OC suites

Thanks Lyn, and since I got to the top for my answers I am never wrong..LOL(at least not here..dont ask my husband that question)

Jancruz1

and I spoke to friends who did receive GDR room service in a veranda stateroom so I suppose rules change ship to ship, sailing to sailing:)

"THE BOSS" = Frank Del Rio the founder of Oceania Cruises, is chairman & CEO of Prestige Cruise Holdings, the parent corporation of Oceania Cruises and Regent Seven Seas Cruises.

Or as many refer to to him as FDR

Archived