Room service on Riviera

cruisun

i wasn't sure if it was necessary to book CC or higher to receive this perk, thinking of booking a veranda.

Is the CC lounge worth it? Anyone know what the lounge provides?

120734.jpg120753.jpg120806.jpg120816.jpg

Comfy seating areas, newspapers, books, magazines, big screen TV, computer stations (with access to a printer), a revolving selection of nibbles throughout the day and a bottomless fridge full of soft drinks.

During what might be loosely termed "business hours", there is also a Concierge on Duty.

I recall that you need to be in a penthouse and above (with a butler) to order from any of the restaurant menus including the main dining room.

Otherwise you are limited to the room service menu.

Does anyone else remember from a past cruise?

I did not think you could order off the GDR menu

I thought it was just the room service menu if you were not PH or higher

I never ordered dinner in so I may be wrong

Ordering in from the Specialty Restaurants is what you were thinking of.

Any cabin may order from the GDR dinner menu during dinner hours.

REALLY...darn I could have done that last cruise instead of the buffet

i thought it was only items on the room service menu or maybe things changed since we were on last year :(

Lyn

Ooooops - I did not read it properly. Went back and read it and see they are asking about "dinner". What about during GDR lunch hours. Why would they do this when you can not get bacon and eggs at breakfast.

Sometimes sleep until noon (the beds are so nice). Therefore would I be able to order off the GDR menu instead of what is offered from the room service menu?

Is this correct? Will have to remember this for next time.

Jim and Stan - I know you have a wealth of knowledge with regard to Oceania but nowhere can I find that meals from the MDR are available in standard rooms. Heck it was even hard enough for us to get room service while in a penthouse suite (although that was sorted).

If this is the case, I can't understand why Oceania don't mention this - just as they don't mention that you can't get a cooked breakfast in these rooms.

I'm happy to be proved wrong of course but can anyone verify that this is correct? MDR meals in rooms?

If this is the case, I can't understand why Oceania don't mention this - just as they don't mention that you can't get a cooked breakfast in these rooms.

The error in your logic is that you view the brochures to be something that they are not.

1207-ywyw.png They are Promotional literature, designed to sell cruises, and as such they emphasize those features which will draw clients and minimize those things which might not. Anyone who has ever tried to sell anything knows exactly what I mean.

There are also certain amenities which may be practically extended to only a limited number of guests, and so although these amenities are generally provided upon request, they are not advertised.

Think about it.

I totally get the brochures are for sales but seriously, the real info should at least be on their website under the Q&A section.

The only way I knew what to expect on my cruise was from this website!! It was you guys who all then let me know what I should be expecting while on my cruise. Had I not been part of this site, I would not have known to expect the better level of service I got when I complained.

I certainly would expect that MDR meals are served in all rooms at dinner time if wanted as this was the case on Celebrity.

I totally get the brochures are for sales but seriously, the real info should at least be on their website under the Q&A section.

The only way I knew what to expect on my cruise was from this website!! It was you guys who all then let me know what I should be expecting while on my cruise. Had I not been part of this site, I would not have known to expect the better level of service I got when I complained.

I certainly would expect that MDR meals are served in all rooms at dinner time if wanted as this was the case on Celebrity.

Unfortunately, there are those individuals who are so determined to wring every drop of "what they paid for" out of a cruise, or a hotel, or an airline, that putting everything in writing isn't always the best policy for the service provider, or their fellow passengers.

As you experienced on your cruise, once alerted to a genuine service issue, Oceania staff will go above and beyond, and even bend policies, but they need flexibility to do that.

120734.jpg120753.jpg120806.jpg120816.jpg

Comfy seating areas, newspapers, books, magazines, big screen TV, computer stations (with access to a printer), a revolving selection of nibbles throughout the day and a bottomless fridge full of soft drinks.

During what might be loosely termed "business hours", there is also a Concierge on Duty.

Awesome pictures. By chance do you have pictures of the Executive Lounge?

I thought that what is available to you from room service is indicated by the menu or menus tht are in your room/suite.

On our recent Riviera cruise where we had an Oceania suite the menus from all the specialty restaurants were in our suite including the one from the main dining room...our butler changed that menu daily to reflect what was being served that day.

On our first Oceania cruise we had a veranda room and only the regular room service menu was in the room.

I also remember that on our recent cruise where we had the Oceania suite the breakfast room service menu didn't show everything you could get

at the Terrace such as eggs Benedict. I think the butler said you could get them if you asked.

If we can order anything from the MDR during meal hours, why could we not get a hot breakfast in a balcony room.

I am a bit confused.

The "no hot breakfast" issue for standard cabins remains the "great mystery" of Oceania. If one can sail a Celebrity or Holland America or even RCCL and get a hot breakfast in the cabin, why not on Oceania ?

Oceania is to cruises like Buick might be to GM cars. That said, if you bought a Buick you would be pretty shocked if it did not include automatic headlamps or even a/c.

FDR, are you listening ?

Worldspan

131 cruises strong

So, the answer is Yes, from the GDR during dinner, any cabin.

I assume there is a "write-in" space on the room service card?

Thanks!

J.

I just called Oceania...the representative who answered the phone said anyone on the ship can order dinner in their room from the grand dining room menu and also get a hot breakfast in their room including eggs.

I asked her to double check...she came back and corrected herself about breakfast but said she was right about dinner...anyone can order room service from the main dining room dinner menu.

But I think Oceania would prefer that you order from the menu or menus in your room. It looks like breakfast is tricky for them since even in an Oceania suite Eggs Benedict was not on the breakfast room service menu (available by special request)

So, the answer is Yes, from the GDR during dinner, any cabin.

I assume there is a "write-in" space on the room service card?

Thanks!

J.

The only room service card I have seen for regular cabins is for breakfast yes you can write other things on it ...whether you get them is another story ;)

I just called Oceania...the representative who answered the phone said anyone on the ship can order dinner in their room from the grand dining room menu and also get a hot breakfast in their room including eggs.

I asked her to double check...she came back and corrected herself about breakfast but said she was right about dinner...anyone can order room service from the main dining room dinner menu.

But I think Oceania would prefer that you order from the menu or menus in your room. It looks like breakfast is tricky for them since even in an Oceania suite Eggs Benedict was not on the breakfast room service menu (available by special request)

Never had a problem getting salmon Benedict delivered for breakfast.:)

Archived