Cost of Soda ??

I drink quite a lot of soda but I am trying to work out if its worth purchasing the soda package.

Does anyone know how much a can of soda costs on board please ? Then I can work out if its best to buy the cans as I go along or if I will be better off if I get the soda package.

thanks for your help

Jean :)

I drink quite a lot of soda but I am trying to work out if its worth purchasing the soda package.

Does anyone know how much a can of soda costs on board please ? Then I can work out if its best to buy the cans as I go along or if I will be better off if I get the soda package.

thanks for your help

Jean :)

A can of soda is about $2.50 including the gratuity.

My hubby drinks a lot of soda....they say if you drink more then 3 cans per day it is better to purchase the soda package. Hope this helps you.

Thanks, I hae made mistakes in the past as we have had lots of port days, and then I was only drinking one a day - but our next cruise is our first ever transatlantic - so I might well drink them dry !!;)

I really like drinking tonic with ice and I am trying to work out if that would be considered to be 'soda'...I suppose it would, in which case I might have to get the package.

Jean

3 a day will make you even on the cost. For us there is a convience factor also, not having to sign a slip each time and the wife drinks the fizy water (or tonic)from the gun all day, which you pay for if you do not have the pkg.

Don't have to have the mug, just show your card, if the bartender gets to know you you won't even have to do that.

Which ports are included on your cruise? In St Thomas, at Havensight

mall, there is a nice grocery/convenience store that sold 12 packs for

a very reasonable price ($5 or so) , and it was no problem bringing it back on board (although I would check when you are leaving the ship just to be sure). It was much cheaper than buying individual cans on board.

we have always taken a 12 pk of soda and some bottle water with us.

you are allowed 12 cans of soda or bottled water per person. we pack them in a carry on suitcase and then just send them up with the luggage. never had a problem. ...when we are walking around a port, we usually pick up another 20 oz bottle or 2 then bring them back on board with us.

make sure you are aware of the fact that RCCL is coke NOT PEPSI products...my wife loves dt mt dew pepsi product...you won't find it on any of their ships...we bring the 20 oz bottles with us... never has been a problem...we usually do a pre-nite and purchase the soda before going to the pier...

you are allowed 12 cans of soda or bottled water per person. we pack them in a carry on suitcase and then just send them up with the luggage. never had a problem. ...when we are walking around a port, we usually pick up another 20 oz bottle or 2 then bring them back on board with us.

Not on RCI - you are technically not permitted to bring ANY beverages on board.

I'd like to know more too. I purchased the soft drink package for my husband and I. Our cruise isn't until next month. I called Crown & Anchor today and they didn't know anything about it. They transferred me to special services and they also did not know anything about it. She did suggest that if I receive a coupon onboard, that I could redeem it for a discount onboard. But I don't recall there being a soft drink package coupon in the books last year.

Does anyone have more details on the discount?

Not on RCI - you are technically not permitted to bring ANY beverages on board.

That might be the official rule, but I have taken water/soda on every cruise I have been on with Royal and never have had any problem. Sometimes I check it, sometimes I carry it on. Either way, no issue at all. I want a bottle of soda, not a can, in the morning, so I take my own. I also want Fresca, which the ship doesn't have, so I take my own. Again, no problems taking it on at all.

Really, where did you get that information?

Sorry. :o I mis-read another post. The discount I saw listed in the Gold level Crown and Anchor (C&A) on board book is for single coke purchase. I must have read it late at night and just "expanded" it in my mind as a discount for the coke package.

As an above poster said, consider how many days you're in port when deciding whether the package is a good deal. If you're in port (and go into town) 8+ hrs a day most days, you're unlikely to drink 3 cans worth of soda that day. If you have lots of sea days or don't spend much time in port, you can easily drink your way into a good deal, relatively speaking (given that fountain soda is about $0.03 per glass).:)

As others have also said, it's fountain soda, not canned soda. But, you can get soda at dinner, at shows, at bars, etc. So if you're a big soda drinker and you have the time on board, it is worth it. If you drink a can a day . . . buy it by the can.

I read on another thread that the discount on the package ended yesterday. It was about 50 cents off per day so not a very big discount.

We had some shipboard credit last cruise and we each purchased the soft drink package. We really enjoyed it. Love the cups we brought home. I also enjoyed being able to have plenty of diet coke in the dining room. The server kept them coming. So we've already pre-purchased the packages again for this coming cruise.

Archived