Cabanas at Labadee

CaribbeanCrush

We are thinking about try one on our next cruise. I'm just worried that I'll miss the beach and being offered a Labadoozie 30-40 times. :D If you've rented one, what did you think?

Why would you miss the beach? The furthest cabanas are probably no more than 50 feet away from the water and there are some that are just a few feet off. But they still have sandy beach right outside of them. A few are up some stairs and sort of built on top of the rocks. And you really don't have to worry about RCI missing the chance to sell a drink where and when ever it can.;)

We enjoyed ours on Barefoot. There are some farther back, some close up to the water and the hilltop ones I do not like, but that's because we want to use the beach. The hilltop ones are great if you want to relax and not be going back and forth to the water.

And, no, we were never offered a labadoozie. We were asked if wanted anything, but nothing was pushed on us. We've reserved one for next March at Nellie's since we'll be in a JS and won't have first crack at one. For Nov, I'll probably email the concierge to reserve one since we're in a GS. We'll be on EX and EN will be in Labadee the same day so only half of the usual number of cabanas will be available.

We are thinking about try one on our next cruise. I'm just worried that I'll miss the beach and being offered a Labadoozie 30-40 times. :D If you've rented one, what did you think?

Get one over the water, much better than the beach.

I've been reading a lot of reviews, never heard anyone complain about the cabana assistants being over annoying.

We enjoyed ours on Barefoot. There are some farther back, some close up to the water and the hilltop ones I do not like, but that's because we want to use the beach. The hilltop ones are great if you want to relax and not be going back and forth to the water.

And, no, we were never offered a labadoozie. We were asked if wanted anything, but nothing was pushed on us. We've reserved one for next March at Nellie's since we'll be in a JS and won't have first crack at one. For Nov, I'll probably email the concierge to reserve one since we're in a GS. We'll be on EX and EN will be in Labadee the same day so only half of the usual number of cabanas will be available.

BND I think we are on the same cruise. we booked one for the first time on Nellies Beach, since we realized we were in port with the EN. Hope to see you on board.

We booked one for our cruise this coming March, will be our first.

BTW, what's in a Labadoozie? It sounds like something where I would be glad I would have the lounges in the cabana!

Here you go...just in time for happy hour!

Ingredients:

1/2 oz Orange Juice Concentrate

1/2 oz Pineapple Juice Concentrate

1/2 oz Papaya Juice Concentrate

1/2 oz Coconut Cream

3/4 oz Dark Rum (Or make it a virgin Coco Loco without the rum)

3/4 oz Coconut Rum

1/4 oz Grenadine

Crushed ice

(Makes one cocktail)

You will definitely need a lounge chair!

Ingredients:

1/2 oz Coconut Cream

3/4 oz Coconut Rum

1/4 oz Grenadine

Crushed ice

(Makes one cocktail)

Thanks! My wife will love this!

Boy, that does sound good! Can't wait!!!

Ingredients:

1/2 oz Coconut Cream

3/4 oz Coconut Rum

1/4 oz Grenadine

Crushed ice

(Makes one cocktail)

Enoyed a Cabana on Nellie's Beach last week. Our Cabana Boy greeted us, showed us the water in the cooler, pointed out the towels in the Cabana and left. He came back a couple of times to check on us during the day but soon realized we were very low maintainence and was never over bearing. If you have little kids, I would try to get either the first or second Cabana on the left side of Nellie's Beach. The entrance to the water is down a cement ramp with siderails right onto the beach in into the water. In my opinion, they are the nicest since the water entry gets very gradually deeper. Some of the cabanas have a ladder entrance and you step off into about 3 feet of water, when the tide is in. It would be way too deep for young children.

How do you go about booking at Nellies Beach? We will not be in a suite and I thought you could only book through RCL.

Pam

You do book through RCI, if you used a travel agent they would book it for you. If you have set up a My Cruises account on the website, and booked it yourself, you can go to the Pre Cruise Planner, land excursions and book it yourself.

Good luck.

Archived