5/23/12 1st time X/cruise, med. engagement, Paris; oh my! Solstice Med. Trip Report

CruisingGatorGirl

Congratulations, Congratulations, Congratulations!

This has absolutely made my day! You had me grinning from ear to ear!

Best of luck to you. Your review was special, and your engagement day even more so! You have a very warm writing style that is a joy to read. I'm sure going to McDs instead of Alain Duchasse made it all the more special (I'm not kidding)!

Congratulations, Congratulations, Congratulations!

This has absolutely made my day! You had me grinning from ear to ear!

Best of luck to you. Your review was special, and your engagement day even more so! You have a very warm writing style that is a joy to read. I'm sure going to McDs instead of Alain Duchasse made it all the more special (I'm not kidding)!

Aww, thank you so much for making me smile! I am still all emotional from the wedding, looking forward to our honeymoon Monday to continue the celebration!

Hey, at least the Paris McD's sells beer and wine :D

Congratulations on your wedding! You all looked wonderful!

This is one of the best reviews I have ever read. To be honest, when you started talking about folders in your first posts I was like, YES! this girl is practically me.

I read it all for the first time yesterday and found myself getting choked up several times! We are doing the Eastern Med and Greek Isles cruise next year and I ended up taking several notes as we have a lot of the same ports on our itinerary.

I never thought to journal while on the cruise! That is such a great idea, I'm so going to invest in one before we go.

Have a lovely honeymoon!!

Congratulations on your wedding. I loved reading your postings from the engagement cruise. My DH and I were on the equinox before the current TA cruise and had booked the cruise you are taking but changed to the Mediterranean sailing on 11/13/13.

One day I will attempt your recipe for Macarons.

Gail

This is one of the best reviews I have ever read. To be honest, when you started talking about folders in your first posts I was like, YES! this girl is practically me.

I read it all for the first time yesterday and found myself getting choked up several times! We are doing the Eastern Med and Greek Isles cruise next year and I ended up taking several notes as we have a lot of the same ports on our itinerary.

I never thought to journal while on the cruise! That is such a great idea, I'm so going to invest in one before we go.

We also are doing the east med next year! When are you going? We are 10/6/14

Congratulations on your wedding. I loved reading your postings from the engagement cruise. My DH and I were on the equinox before the current TA cruise and had booked the cruise you are taking but changed to the Mediterranean sailing on 11/13/13.

One day I will attempt your recipe for Macarons.

Gail

Thank you so much, Gail! Yes, try it and let me know how it goes! I am going to attempt them again over winter break when we get back from our cruise :) Hopefully they are a success again! You never know with macarons ;)

I don't want to hijack the thread but thought it might be helpful, Breezy, for you to take a look at my trip report from the Eastern Med (link in my signature)

• 4 weeks later...
One of the best TR's i have read on CC. I certainly hope you are doing one for your December cruise.

Congrats on the wedding.

Thank you so much for the kind words! Yes, I will be doing a trip report for my December cruise. I am going to Boston this week so I am waiting until I get back to start it :) Stay tuned :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
wow what an amazing review, and congratulations on your wedding, I can't wait to read about the honeymoon. I have 2 daughters 16 and 18 and I love reading how close you are to your family.

Thank you! Yes, I hope to start the honeymoon one soon. I work from home and I am writing my dissertation; by the end of the day I am sick of the computer :mad: I enjoy typing these reports, I am just tired of the laptop being attached to me! I'll get it up one of these days :) Thanks for reading!

How nice to have 2 daughters close in age :) I always wanted a sister ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I have been following your all of your posts from the beginning and have been waiting for photos! Thanks for posting today!!! You look beautiful and it looks like it was a perfect day. Congrats to you both and thanks so much for sharing. Beautiful photos!!!

I can't wait for your next cruise report.

Thank you everyone for the kind words! I thought everyone would think I write too much. i tend to be wordy :rolleyes: I guess that's what being a grad student does to ya :p

Wow thank you, that is very nice of you to say. Writing has never been my strong area. It is something I constantly have to work and improve on. I am pursuing a Ph.D. in Education; I was a high school teacher back in FL. I actually have a few books I want to write one day- when I am done with school. Maybe I can become a travel author! Hmm, get inspiration from Celebrity... sounds like a good plan to me ;) dreaming

I don't know what I would do without my medicine! Hope you have a smooth flight like we did :)

I just started this review tonight and I can't put it down! I am identifying with you and your love of travel so much! I'm also in education and live in Atlanta. I'm 27 now but did my first nice celebrity cruise last year and am hooked! I loved Barcelona when I visited with friends a few years ago. Great choice for your honeymoon! If you love Gaudí, don't miss Park Güell. It's so beautiful and has breathtaking views of the Mediterranean. The Miró museum was also a fav. Who am I kidding, nothing was bad ;)Can't wait to read more!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just started this review tonight and I can't put it down! I am identifying with you and your love of travel so much! I'm also in education and live in Atlanta. I'm 27 now but did my first nice celebrity cruise last year and am hooked! I loved Barcelona when I visited with friends a few years ago. Great choice for your honeymoon! If you love Gaudí, don't miss Park Güell. It's so beautiful and has breathtaking views of the Mediterranean. The Miró museum was also a fav. Who am I kidding, nothing was bad ;)Can't wait to read more!

Oh goodness just realized you have already done the honeymoon! Please ignore my last post!! I'm so far behind. Congrats on your wedding!!

Edited by Viva_la_Vida

Ashley, your review is one of the best ones I've ever read. Its like we're taken on a magical journey. Wonderful story-telling. I'd pay a good amount of money to read your articles on travel. Will wait for your next review. Cheers!

Ashley,

Your wedding pictures are beautiful. Your writing has an amazing way of connecting to people...I felt like I knew your family after reading about your review and wedding. I was glad your Dad got to experience driving the sports car in Paris, you with the macarons....could go on and on....

Best wishes to you as you finish school and plan your next trip. Linda

I have been following your all of your posts from the beginning and have been waiting for photos! Thanks for posting today!!! You look beautiful and it looks like it was a perfect day. Congrats to you both and thanks so much for sharing. Beautiful photos!!!

I can't wait for your next cruise report.

Your photos are stunning. Wishing you many happy years together.

Thank you all so much! Almost 4 months into marriage, happier than ever :D:D:D:D

Wow, thank you so much for the kind words and tips! We cannot wait to get back to Barcelona! I see you have 2 Celebrity cruises this year, lucky you! I would love to read your reports if you do one :)

(we live in Gwinnett) :D

Ashley, your review is one of the best ones I've ever read. Its like we're taken on a magical journey. Wonderful story-telling. I'd pay a good amount of money to read your articles on travel. Will wait for your next review. Cheers!

Ashley,

Your wedding pictures are beautiful. Your writing has an amazing way of connecting to people...I felt like I knew your family after reading about your review and wedding. I was glad your Dad got to experience driving the sports car in Paris, you with the macarons....could go on and on....

Best wishes to you as you finish school and plan your next trip. Linda

Oh my goodness, you both are TOO kind! Thank you so much, wow. It was a magical trip and I just let my heart and feelings spill out onto the keyboard. I will get my honeymoon trip report up one of these days. I've realized my problem is that I work from home (online), I work on my dissertation (typing and online research) so by the time I am done with those 2 tasks I just want to get away from a computer!

I need to pay someone to transcribe my written/traditional journal for me :p

Hi Ashley

Just read your posts from beginning to end and loved them. I am from England so much of what is written on CC is from the American perspective which I love. Enthusiastic, joyful and enchanting. I honeymooned in Paris almost 28 years ago and will celebrate my 28th anniversary on Celebrity Eclipse cruising the Norwegian Fjords in May. I will also enjoy some of your destinations in June such as Venice and Dubrovnik which I am really looking forward to. My husband is a retired police officer and it is lovely to enjoy our time together on cruises ( he won't fly anymore). Your wedding photos were beautiful and I wish you as much happiness as I have had. We took our sons on a cruise last year to Scandinavia and Russia and it was fabulous. If I win the lottery we will take them again!! Carry on writing and cruising and may all your troubles be little ones! (think this is an English saying meaning babies). x

Ashley thank you so much for such an amazing review. I clicked on the link with your posts in "Post a Picture of Your Dress" and for the past 3 days have done nothing while online but read your review. Until now I'd never given too much thought of going on a Med. Cruise, but after your review it's now on my bucket list. I do coffee table books of all of the cruises we do, just about as detailed as your review here. It was so much fun to get to read some else's long review! Congratulations! You were a beautiful bride and are a beautiful person in general. Can't wait for your honeymoon review!!