Which ship?

Hello! My fiance and I are looking into cruising for our honeymoon and we have narrowed down which cruises would work for us but now I am wondering what people think about the ships that we narrowed it down too... Please tell me what you liked and did not like about each ship

Freedom of the Seas

Allure of the Seas

Explorer of the Seas

thank-you

For a honeymoon - the Freedom. Very nice ship with a lot to do. I like this class better than the Voyager class.

I have found the cruises on the Oasis and Allure are not as 'restful' as cruises on the other ships. With the reserved shows and just the size of the ship I found we 'rushed' more getting from one thing to another.

Hello! My fiance and I are looking into cruising for our honeymoon and we have narrowed down which cruises would work for us but now I am wondering what people think about the ships that we narrowed it down too... Please tell me what you liked and did not like about each ship

Freedom of the Seas

Allure of the Seas

Explorer of the Seas

thank-you

My pick would be Freedom. Allure is to big and crowded and Explorer is an older ship. Freedom is our favorite RCCL ship.

Freedom of the Seas LOVED IT!

Allure of the Seas Haven't tried it, but apparently it's great!

Explorer of the Seas We are booked on her sister ship Mariner of the Seas for 29 days in October, I am absolutely sure it's going to be wonderful!

Truth be told....I don't think it's possible to have a bad cruise on Royal Caribbean, pick whatever appeals to you!

I've been on Freedom- loved it!

Haven't been on Oasis/Allure.

Been on sister ships to Explorer and thouroughly enjoyed them.

My favorite ship thus far is Freedom and I can't wait to be back onboard next year. Congrats on the nuptials and enjoy whichever cruise you wind up on! Take care, Jim

that is a question that would take a book to answer. There are plenty of ship reports on each of those ships that you can read , to find things that might appeal to you.

A lot of opinions say Freedom. I have been on all of those classes of ships and I like them all. Three cruises on EX with 2 more booked. Cruises on EX can have some cool sea days in the winter, but no flying . While I have not been on Freedom, I have been on the sister ship, Liberty. An EX on steroids. Added feature most noteably is the Flowrider. Then there is Oasis. WOW. Central Park and Boardwalk. To say it is too big and crowded is sonewhat cliche. I did not feel that , and the majority of trip reports that I have read agree with that opinion.

Explorer is older but still a great ship.

Freedom is newer with more stuff to see and do.

Oasis and Allure are the ultimate sporting/shopping/entertainment ships.

I think Freedom is a good choice overall because you won't be overwhelmed with things to do. Unless you want to be on the go all the time. The choice is ultimately up to you.

Freedom of the Seas

Allure of the Seas

Explorer of the Seas

thank-you

Absolutely loved the first two. What didn't I like about the third? New Jersey! (Kidding Jersey folks) I have been on her sister ships Voyager and Navigator. I would go on any of them in a hearbeat.

Freedom of the Seas

Allure of the Seas

Explorer of the Seas

thank-you

We are about to go on our #3 cruise on Explorer of the Seas2006 2008 and now 1/13/13/. D+ level on C & A Elite on X . Nice ship not too big so we just came on back. Have not been on the others yet.

Depends on the ports you want to see. Don't miss Labedee wonderful free port. Ship provided bar ba q and non alcoholic drinks. Lots of chairs shade and water sports . Also a nice craft market, not as pushy as in Nassau.

Happy wedding and cruise :)

Freedom of the Seas

Allure of the Seas

Explorer of the Seas

thank-you

Obviuosly the Allure.

Although it's not the best ship in the world, it's the best and the most sophisticated ship in RCI fleet.

The widest choice of activities and entertainment.

It's the largest ship but not more crowded than the Freedom.

The Explorer is an old ship. Skip it.

Explorer of the Seas = Fun

Freedom of the Seas = Lots of Fun

Allure of the Seas = Great amount of Fun

Go on Allure.

Seriously though, I don't know what you are looking for, all three would make a great honeymoon cruise. Without knowing what you two are interested in, it's difficult to pick. If you're planning to stay in your cabin most of the time, pick which ever is cheapest and you can't go wrong. If you're interested in having a lot to do on-board the ship, Allure has the most to do aboard by far.

If money doesn't matter, I would pick Allure every time. There is so much more to do on that ship. The ports Freedom calls over Allure are not so great to make me choose Freedom over Allure. And unless I have to sail out of NJ or I want to sail to Bermuda, I wouldn't choose Explorer over Freedom or Allure.

Allure will give you the most bang for your buck. Pick Allure.

We had our honeymoon on Freedom this past May and we had a blast!!! Cannot comment on the either two as we have not been on either. As others have said look at where you want to go. Allure and Freedom have very similar itineraries. Freedom adds a stop in Grand Cayman going west and stops at Coco Cay going east while Allure docks in Nassau.

Archived