First time on Celebrity~ b2b in April

uglybutgoodbakery

We've cruised 4 times on Princess, specifically the Caribbean Princess, so I'm not sure if I picked a decent cabin area for our April b2b out of San Juan in April 2013 on the Summit.

We are most-likely going to be in the same cabin for both weeks, and wanted Ocean view. (we can't swing a balcony cabin yet, but are thinking of changing one of the weeks to a balcony -- it's my 50th b-day cruise and 25th wedding anniversary, all rolled into one.) But for now, as it stands we are in the same cabin, for both weeks.

We didn't want to be all the way forward, or all the way aft, so chose an Ocean view cabin on deck 2 for two reasons...it's mid-ship and there is nothing above it to make noise. (This past December, we got stuck in a cabin under the Caribbean Princess piano bar and had to listen to the same bad Beatles medley over and over and over and over...ok -- you get the drift -- don't want to repeat that again:()

Did I make a boo-boo choosing on 2, the lowest deck? We could have chosen ocean view on the sky deck for a bit more, but it is allllllll the way forward, and I've read that there's a lot more motion up yonder.....I have never gotten even queasy, even in rough seas..but we've always chosen mid-ship. Should I change cabins? The extra money is not so much a concern as was being mid-ship. But I'm not sure why I feel I need to be mid-ship if I've never gotten queasy. Sorry for the rambling stream of consciousness. :p

We've cruised 4 times on Princess, specifically the Caribbean Princess, so I'm not sure if I picked a decent cabin area for our April b2b out of San Juan in April 2013 on the Summit.

We are most-likely going to be in the same cabin for both weeks, and wanted Ocean view. (we can't swing a balcony cabin yet, but are thinking of changing one of the weeks to a balcony -- it's my 50th b-day cruise and 25th wedding anniversary, all rolled into one.) But for now, as it stands we are in the same cabin, for both weeks.

We didn't want to be all the way forward, or all the way aft, so chose an Ocean view cabin on deck 2 for two reasons...it's mid-ship and there is nothing above it to make noise. (This past December, we got stuck in a cabin under the Caribbean Princess piano bar and had to listen to the same bad Beatles medley over and over and over and over...ok -- you get the drift -- don't want to repeat that again:()

Did I make a boo-boo choosing on 2, the lowest deck? We could have chosen ocean view on the sky deck for a bit more, but it is allllllll the way forward, and I've read that there's a lot more motion up yonder.....I have never gotten even queasy, even in rough seas..but we've always chosen mid-ship. Should I change cabins? The extra money is not so much a concern as was being mid-ship. But I'm not sure why I feel I need to be mid-ship if I've never gotten queasy. Sorry for the rambling stream of consciousness. :p

There is an advantage in staying in the same cabin and not having to move on turnover day. However, I've always found it fairly easy to move and don't see that as a problem. I suggust that you keep an eye out for price reductions. Noise can be a problem if you are under the pool or Oceanview. Storage rooms throughout the ship can also create problems. You are wise to avoid far forward. There are sites that list cabin availability (sorry can't mention them here, but think of "Sea"). Check from time to time to see what is available.

Last year I did a B2B on the Celebrity Millennium in cabin 2150. The location was perfect, no noise from above, and only one cabin next to you. The space next to 2150 was the boarding deck if they ever used Deck 2 for port disembarking (which I hear they do in Alaska) but for the Caribbean the Deck 1 gangway was used. It was very convenient to just pop down one floor when leaving the ship.

Some pictures of my cabin, a Category 7

d0727167-e8b8-f32c.jpg

d0727167-e8ca-a0de.jpg

d0727167-e8dd-8944.jpg

d0727167-e8ec-9ff9.jpg

d0727167-e8fe-d97d.jpg

d0727167-e90f-10e8.jpg

If that's a cabin for two it should also come with a shoehorn.

Actually it wasn't bad at all. In this video I shot if you skip ahead to the '3 minute mark' I give a brief tour of my cabin.

P.S. ignore the nerd at the very end of the video! ;)

Actually it wasn't bad at all. In this video I shot if you skip ahead to the '3 minute mark' I give a brief tour of my cabin.

P.S. ignore the nerd at the very end of the video! ;)

How awesome are you?!? Thank you so much, I feel much better. Nerd? I think NOT! Was there a closet area with a safe, like there is on Princess?

How awesome are you?!? Thank you so much, I feel much better. Nerd? I think NOT! Was there a closet area with a safe, like there is on Princess?

Mary Lou and I were typing at the same time!

The safe is indeed in the closet which is just visible in the video across from the bathroom door. Plenty of storage space. Below the TV is the fridge. Empty suitcases fit nicely under the bed.

Here are some details of my cabin noted from my LIVE thread, maybe the ocean view cabins on Summit will be similar:

The main closet has 20 wooden hotel-style hangers (unhook hanger from metal ring on rod), and a large shelf above it; the smaller closet has six drawers about 6" deep for socks, under garmets, etc as well as the electronic safe; above the TV is a small bit of storage; below the TV is the small fridge; and there are two small night standstands with two drawers each. My empty 28" suitcase easily fit under the bed.

I remember someone asking about washcloths? In the bathroom are two each of hand towels, towels, and wash cloths as well as a small bottle each of Hydro-Minerale lemon grass shampoo, conditioner, and moisturizing lotion.

The waffle-weave robes are NOT one size fits all (it doesn't even come close and I'm 5'9" 195 lbs), and the TV is a 32" LCD flat screen Samsung.

On my bed were confirmations of my OBC purchases, a Celebrity Today for embarkation day, dining confirmation with table number, Captains Club Events list, and Captains Club coupon sheet.

Oh, and before I forget, the room safe is big enough for my 10" Netbook with a little room to spare. It was easy to set the passcode (close safe, set your number, it locks, then enter your number again to reopen). Put my valuables in there as well. It's probably about 12" square available space inside the safe. Will double check that later.

P.S. In addition to a whole bunch of channels, on the Interactive part of your TV you can:

- Order PPV movies

- Set Parental controls

- Order Shore Excursions

- Retrieve your room messages

- Account Review (shipboard account)

- Order Room Service

- Order wine service

- Verify guest information

- View Onboard Experience

- Safety Video

- Music

We were on the Starboard side deck 2 midship for our Alaska cruise and I slept great! It is quiet and you don't feel movement. On my last cruise I was on Deck 9 forward port side and I did feel movement. So I am glad I booked Deck 2 midship for my upcoming cruise in June.

You will be very happy with the location.

You will be fine

We have done many B2B cruises LOVE THEM and only once have we changed cabins (a last minute booking and could not get 1 cabin for both cruises) and swore I would always make sure that I had the same cabin for both cruises in the future.

Part of the fun of a B2B is settling into your cabin and not having to move - also to really getting to know your cabin attendant. I like a jug of ice water to drink every evening in my cabin & extra towels etc.

My advice is stay in the same cabin and ENJOY

Archived