Back to Back to Back...

spintowin

What is the longest time doing back to backs anyone has sailed? Just wondering if I am the only crazy one that would consider staying on a ship

for 3 weeks or more. My asthma starts up this time of year here in so cal so that is why I am ready to go! So far I have Freedom next week, then Monarch for a week. Looking for more options, either on the same ship or same port. Thanks!

I did a b2b2b on Summit and would have stayed the 4th week..but the ship was totally full..:mad::eek: Even the hotel director (who was 'threatening' :p to get me a contract and a name tag could not find me a cabin....)

I really hated to leave......and i lucked out getting almost non-existent single supplements..

Hi,

I thought our upcoming cruises were going to be the longest at sea for us. We are doing a 7NT Alaska followed by a 17NT Panama Canal Cruise this would beat the 21 days on a prior cruise. That is until we booked our first B2B2B. We will be away at sea for 48 days. Going from Long Beach around the horn of South America & ending up in NYC. This is on my DH's bucket list to do a South American cruise. We are bringing the Carnival Splendor to her new homeport in NY so I guess the 3rd leg of this cruise is a repo cruise. We still have other cruises booked for later in 2013 & am now working on 2014. While we have our health & money a cruising we shall go.

Enjoy your upcoming cruises I know that we will.

Joyce & Of Course Harvey

On our last Enchantment cruise, they introduced a couple who had been onboard for three months...sounded like a nice way to pass the winter away to me.

Maybe it was cheaper for those snowbirds to stay for 3 months on the ship than having to rent a house and everything that comes with that.

What is the longest time doing back to backs anyone has sailed? Just wondering if I am the only crazy one that would consider staying on a ship

for 3 weeks or more. My asthma starts up this time of year here in so cal so that is why I am ready to go! So far I have Freedom next week, then Monarch for a week. Looking for more options, either on the same ship or same port. Thanks!

Three months all over the Med for me...with the last part a repositioning from Europe all they way to Alaska. I was only onboard for one week in AK. It was my first ever 'cruise' when I was 25 and I was on HAL. I also did it solo...it was the break between quitting my job and starting graduate school. It was AMAZING...

There are several stories (link to one below) of retirees who choose to live on ships permanently. If they are healthy, it can actually be less expensive than a retirement or nursing home. Three (or more) meals per day, a workout facility, plenty to do, a nice room and housekeeping all included. Laundry services available too.

I think it would be a great way to live. I'm not sure about transatlantic life, but Caribbean, South America or Mediterrean would appeal to me.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/hampshire/7719605.stm

Archived