My Awesome Bar Program Expands :)

Davechipp74

Do you really think this is worth the money? I can drink a lot of wine but I would have to drink 7 glasses every single day to just break even. And that's the cheap stuff.

This isnt for everyone...someone that sailed on Splendor said only 150 people purchased the program. For most this is probably not a good deal, for others it is worth it.

I was so excited when I saw this thread....

BUT, I'm still waiting to hear that it's been expanded to the Liberty for my December cruise!

I too was excitedly clicking on this thread in hopes of seeing the program added to the Liberty! Hopefully they will decide to roll this out fleetwide!

every post on this subject a lot of people shocked how someone could drink 7 drinks in one whole day while on vacation, then other posts how many sneak bottles of booze on ship??? others order a bottle of booze pre cruise. correct me as i only drink beer but i think there are lots of shots in one bottle.... lotd of people drinking plenty already?? also i know for a fact some people try to see how high there bar bill can be. with the drink program that wouldnt matter. just my 2 cents worth

I wonder if you have to purchase this for every day of the cruise or if you can buy it day by day. If you are off the ship and drinking most of the day you certainly are not going to get your moneys worth. It states any cocktails up to $10 included so if you can drink 5 of those you got your moneys worth.

Question about this....

Do you have to get it for Every day of your cruise? Or can I get it just for one or 2 days? :confused:

yes, every day, must be bought by all passengers over 21 in a stateroom, and you must buy on the 1st or second day.

I wonder if you have to purchase this for every day of the cruise or if you can buy it day by day. If you are off the ship and drinking most of the day you certainly are not going to get your moneys worth. It states any cocktails up to $10 included so if you can drink 5 of those you got your moneys worth.

you might not... but i guarantee you i would... whatever floats your boat... it'll work for some, not others. it would certainly work for me... :D

ETA: yes, you do need to buy it every day. no picking and choosing.

Thats too bad, I bet they would sell more if you could buy it individual days... Like at sea days... Oh well, too pricey for me :(

i doubt it... i think their math includes days where you make out, and they make out... if you could only buy on the days YOU want, then you always make out, and they lose. they're sneaky like that. ;)

they would have more REVENUE ($ spent / received), but less PROFIT ($ retained vs. expenses). that's why they're making both in the cabin buy it too, aside from the sharing thing, i'm sure.

i doubt it... i think their math includes days where you make out, and they make out... if you could only buy on the days YOU want, then you always make out, and they lose. they're sneaky like that. ;)

they would have more REVENUE ($ spent / received), but less PROFIT ($ retained vs. expenses). that's why they're making both in the cabin buy it too, aside from the sharing thing, i'm sure.

Yup - makes total sense to me.

Yup - makes total sense to me.

yup - and imo that's also why they started the first test on victory - the ship with the most port intensive itinerary of probably any of their cruises. more port days, less consumption to see how it rolls.

then they bring it out on a 'normal' ship in splendor to see how it will work in practice for the majority of their cruises.

they were hedging their bets. sneaky i tell ya. ;)

Archived