Comparing cabin size/location on Monarch

spintowin

OK, so prices are now lower than what I booked for B2B2B on Monarch for 28 Sep thru Oct 8. OV is now less than what I paid for interior. But, I am on deck seven and all that is left for OV is deck 2. Has anyone had experience with both types of cabins? Is deck 7 more ideal than deck 2? Traveling solo for the first time:eek:

Deck 7 is closer to the action if you will, main dining room is down, Windjammer is up. You are on the deck with a great walking / jogging track but your outside room will look out onto this track.

Deck 2 - you are below everything. If you are near an elevator it shouldn't be too bad to get around, but it does make your trips to the cabin quite a bit longer.

I've only been on one cruise on the Monarch, stayed on deck 3. I was just past a fire door next to the Centrum elevators. My main route to anything was to take those elevators to deck 7 and then head to where I was going.

We’ve been on deck 2 several times and never had any problems. We were near the stairs and never found it too inconvenient. In fact it was great when returning from port.

If the choice is an inside or an OV on deck 2, I say take the OV on deck 2.

good luck

M

Thanks for all the comments. I have one other concern/question. I tend to get a little motion sickness. Is there less movement up or down, and inside interior or OV? Thanks!

The closer to the center of the ship, the less motion. So, more significant than OV or interior is being the lowest and closest to the middle of the ship.

Archived