Cafe al Bacio afficionados - your presence is requested !

Evilgrin72

What are some of these drinks? :D Wow, there's some funky stuff on these menus... as a first time X cruiser, I'm obviously unfamiliar with Cafe al Bacio and the wife and I, both coffee drinkers, were amazed with some of these offerings..... anyone had these and can you comment on them?

Espresso ai Frutti di Bosco - Espresso, blackcurrant jam, fresh whipped cream and fresh wild berries

Espresso Caraibico - Espresso, pineapple, coconut syrup and fresh whipped cream

Espresso Melba - Espresso, peaches, hot chocolate, fresh whipped cream and crushed amaretti biscuits

Affogato - Espresso, chocolate syrup, served over one scoop of gelato

Most of these sound more like meals than beverages ! Are these all part of the Premium N/A package, and with the exception of the Affogato, which seems self-explanatory, are these blended drinks? Breakfast dishes? :D

Normally we drink their latte's, but we have tried the Affogato, quite tasty but would not want to many!

Richard

Very cool ! Not sure if you had the drink package - this sounds like something my wife would love, but with the premium N/A package, she probably would opt for something else if this carried a $5-6 price tag and she could get a macchiato for $0. Do you know if this thing is counted as a drink, even though it's served over gelato?

What are some of these drinks? :D Wow, there's some funky stuff on these menus... as a first time X cruiser, I'm obviously unfamiliar with Cafe al Bacio and the wife and I, both coffee drinkers, were amazed with some of these offerings..... anyone had these and can you comment on them?

Espresso ai Frutti di Bosco - Espresso, blackcurrant jam, fresh whipped cream and fresh wild berries

Espresso Melba - Espresso, peaches, hot chocolate, fresh whipped cream and crushed amaretti biscuits

Most of these sound more like meals than beverages ! Are these all part of the Premium N/A package, and with the exception of the Affogato, which seems self-explanatory, are these blended drinks? Breakfast dishes? :D

They sound like they are blended.

I have tried a variety of blended drinks there, but I never memorized the names.......

If it doesn't have alcohol and it is blended it should be ok on the premium non-alcohol package........

I had a similar drink at Cafe al Bacio on Silhouette (I forget what it was called but it had gelato and white chocolate). Very tasty, but it was extremely high calorie and unhealthy - so I just did one. I did not have a package, but I would think that the premium non alcoholic package covers them; in fact I think my wife may have done the Affogato with the package (she had the package, but I paid a la carte for my drinks) - but am not certain of this.

I normally drink either espresso or black coffee, but have tried a few of the speciality coffee drinks on prior cruises including the carabico. It was good for what it was, but since I'm used to drinking my coffee and espresso without anything in them, I only tried the speciality coffees when I wanted a dessert-like treat.

I have also been to Cafe Al Bacio many times but never tried any of them.

To be honest, I have never heard of them before.

Now if you want something heavenly, try an Aspen Coffee:D

Kahluah, Bailey's and Frangelica, poured over the coffee in a stemmed

glass.....yummy:)

that sounds great Lois

we have bought the clasic alcoholic package on the Constellation. Would this, and other coffees, such as Irish coffee be available in Cafe Al Bacio

I know one of the packages has drinks on it up to 8.00 each...I think

that is the Classic. I know the Premium is for drinks up to 12.00 each.

I don't know if the Specialty Coffees are included in them or not but

I am sure someone who buys the packages will be able to help and

yes, that coffee is delicious:)

I tried the Affogato on the Eclipse last March. It was delish but really more of a dessert than a coffee. I wouldn't get it every day.

Every day I DID get a latte in the morning and the Tea Forte iced tea in the afternoon.

And it was covered under my Premium Alcohol package. But since there is no alcohol in it I think it would be covered under the premium non-alc package.

I have also been to Cafe Al Bacio many times but never tried any of them.

To be honest, I have never heard of them before.

Now if you want something heavenly, try an Aspen Coffee:D

Kahluah, Bailey's and Frangelica, poured over the coffee in a stemmed

glass.....yummy:)

Lois....when you sail Summit in November have Zora make you a frozen Aspen.........it was amazing!!!!!!!! Wow....getting giddy just thinking about it........

Lois....when you sail Summit in November have Zora make you a frozen Aspen.........it was amazing!!!!!!!! Wow....getting giddy just thinking about it........

Hi Cheryl:) A Frozen one?:D.....oh wow..sounds amazing except for

what happened to the hot coffee?:eek:

I had a premium N/A package on my last cruise and drank a LOT of beverages in Cafe al Bacio. Never tried any of the ones the OP describes. Don't remember even seeing them on the menu. Every afternoon I'd have a sugar-free vanilla iced coffee and park on my balcony with a book. Ahhh. The deadly deal for me is that it's next to the gelato. VERY dangerous, even if I had to pay for that!

I normally drink either espresso or black coffee, but have tried a few of the speciality coffee drinks on prior cruises including the carabico. It was good for what it was, but since I'm used to drinking my coffee and espresso without anything in them, I only tried the speciality coffees when I wanted a dessert-like treat.

What exactly was it? Did they blend it or were there chunks of fruit floating around in the coffee?

Archived