Nobody told me!

ladylemondrop

How many crusies a year (12 month period) would it take to be considered addicted?

I'm about to go on my third in 12 months :eek:

Nov 18th 2011 10 night Eastern Med

May 4th 2012 8 night Norwegian Fjiords

Oct 23rd 2012 11 night Italy and Croatia

I also have Nov 2013 booked and am planning for May 2013 lol

I think if we didn't both work full time it would be more!

My name is Debbie and I am a cruise addict :o

I think one of the worst things is coming home and facing your kitchen stove. You mean I have to cook my own meal??? You mean no one is going to hand me a menu and serve me course after course??? No fine wines? No after dinner drink?

Then there is coming into your own bathroom and there are no fresh towels day after day unless you wash them and change them yourself.

No one but you makes your bed in the morning and turns it down every night. With chocolates. Sigh-----

Don't know why we ever cruise just to come home to this agony.

celtic

Glad to see this topic. I went on my first cruise last month and fell in love! My favorite part was waking up in the middle of the night and seeing land/lights in the dark across the water. Really stirred something in me. I have my next cruise booked for next June and to say I can't wait would be the understatement of the year. I have already been researching DIY touring and putting maps and such together. Glad to know I'm not alone!

Pam

I remember also waking up in the middle of the night and we were sailing along a chain of islands. There was heat lightening over all of them. It was beautiful. Watched for about an hour. Just one more amazing memory.

celtic

We are doing a TA in about 2 1/2 months and even though I'm very excited and can't wait the time on the cruise goes so quickly and its over. I think the anticipation is a good part of it also. Thank goodness DH loves it too, and he won't last long before he wants to book another. I've already started thinking about" Where should we go next." We love everything about it!

Nobody told me about the serious withdrwals i would experience after my cruise has ended!! We did silhouette adriatic cruise may 30th, i met so many lovely lovely people from so many countries, i miss them, and i miss my cruise!! :D

Welcome to the club. Yes, it's an expensive addiction. I wish money were no object. Start planning for your next cruise. :)

Here's an interesting article about Loraine Artz who fell in love with cruising and lived full time or about 11 years aboard a Princess cruise ship.

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/news/2007-06-28-full-time-cruiser_N.htm

We content ourselves with the countdown on here. Sadly, we don't have the vacation time and means to cruise more than once per year at the moment.

I also love to cruise and love algebra, in fact now i am working on a paper on generalized rings. i find I do my best work on the balcony. carl

Does me good to hear I'm not alone, I just love my cruise holidays. If ever I came into a serious amount of money it would mean one very long cruise for me!! We did our first cruise 13 years ago then didn't cruise again until October 2010 but I'm trying to make up for lost time now! Oh roll on the next one in December, then got my eye on one for October 2013, got to have something to look forward to.

Each time I've got off a cruise I'm always amazed and so grateful for the things I've done and places I've seen, and for actually been able to do it. When that doesn't happen it's the time to stop (don't think it will though).

Another anicdote to cruise withdrawl is to always have a cruise booked for the future. We've been doing that for a number of years, but we are about to hit a realy issue this December. We complete our B2B and return home 01 Dec and do Not have a cruise booked!

I've run completely out of vacation time and we have land-based plans for next year, making a cruise a bit dicey. I dont think I can survive, so I'll probably bite the bullet and book at least a short 1-weeker just to keep myself from getting completely depressed.

People keep on showing how much we'd save by booking later than we do (heck, I've had cruises booked 18 months ahead!), but just cant do it.

So always have a cruise in your future to think about, read and plan out the ports, and talk on the Roll Call and drive your friends nuts about....it helps.

We'll see how long I can go without jumping on and booking something!

Den

Louise -

We miss you too. Sometimes I think that cruise was just something special, but now we are moving forward on our December cruise - and the group is pulling together, though we will miss you and Susan and Betty and Vic and Pete & Mindy and Dorothy & Vince and so many others. I'd like to put together my own cruise of all the people I've enjoyed meeting over our last 10 years of cruise adventures.

I agree with everyone else - book a cruise and join a roll call and before you know it your COD (Cruise Obsessive Disorder*) will be satisfied.

*term coined by someone on our December cruise.

Best wishes to you and your fellows!

Beth

How many crusies a year (12 month period) would it take to be considered addicted?

I think just obsessing, and who doesn't once it's tried, is sufficient. I only manage one, so far. I'm obsessing about how to make it many more and only REALLY bad thing I've ever encountered, is having to get off!

Nobody told me about the serious withdrwals i would experience after my cruise has ended!! We did silhouette adriatic cruise may 30th, i met so many lovely lovely people from so many countries, i miss them, and i miss my cruise!! :D

Yep, that's the (open) secret to the downside of cruising...it's pretty tough to go back to regular life! I wish that X would revive that wonderful (and oh so true) ad campaign they had back in the mid 1990's...the one where people are wistfully telling anyone who would listen about life on board the ship, and a woman assures that "I'm in exile now, but I'll be back soon!"

Cruise addiction is a very serious condition.

We took our first ever cruise on the Grand Princess from Port Everglades a few years ago. We were literally shaking with excitement as we boarded the ship. When they made us get off after a week, we stood on the bridge in FL and almost cried with envy as we watched her sail away on her next itinerary.

We took 2 further cruises that year and 1 or 2 cruises a year ever since.

We did a 3 centre US land trip this Spring, including a week in Hawaii. It made us realise what is so great about cruising, as we spent 3 days of our land holiday wasting time in airports (thanks United Airlines!). All we seemed to do was pack and unpack. We felt we really needed a cruise when we got back :(.

It never fails to amaze me how you can have lovely evenings on board, meet some of the nicest people, retire to your luxurious cabin and wake up somewhere completely different for a whole new day of experiences. Nothing else compares. :D

I also have an addiction to cruising. We took our first cruise in November 2008 and I am going on my 4th cruise this year. We have been with friends, kids and kids and friends.

I save money each week for this addiction, the only thing that helps is booking another cruise.

I am hoping that I am able to cure this addiction every year.

Have a great time cruising, I know that I do.

Karen:D

We did a non cruise holiday after a cruise, in a beautiful italian villa, but as i made the bed i declared "this holiday sucks, theres nobody to fold my nightdress!!!" (and no choccy on pillow!!) ruined for life......

Yes, another cruise may help ease my pain, but only if everyone i loved from previous cruises is there too!!

Yeah, that cruise bug bit me about 15 years ago -- now I never go without having 2 or 3 cruises booked for the future. It is the only remedy known to man.

I consider myself addicted. Sailed 3 times this year, and have 3 more in the next 4 months.

Husband says he wants to limit his sailing to 3 a year, but there are lots of others who are willing to cruise with me. I have 4 booked for next year and 1 for 2014 :) Non cruisers dont get it, but there are much worse things to be addicted to LOL

I felt kind of depressed when I got off the ship last year.

And when I got home I honestly kept expecting to find my bed made every day and food prepared for me.

It took a few days for reality to kick in, and I realised it was all down to me again!!

Thankfully I have booked another cruise for September 2013, so I have something to look forward to.

OP, I am also in Suffolk, UK too.

I felt kind of depressed when I got off the ship last year.

And when I got home I honestly kept expecting to find my bed made every day and food prepared for me.

It took a few days for reality to kick in, and I realised it was all down to me again!!

Thankfully I have booked another cruise for September 2013, so I have something to look forward to.

OP, I am also in Suffolk, UK too.

Hello neighbour! :D

Archived