Nobody told me!

ladylemondrop

I like that. The only thing is "home" has long overnight stay..:o

As long or as short as you want to make it. Unfortunately, when I go to a "Specialty Resturant" I only get a menu that has prices following each item. The upside is that the MDR is never crowded and I always get my table of choice.

Years ago we did a transatlantic on Celebrity and when I emailed "home" I told my family that "my home is the sea now". We average two weeks a year on cruises and if we could - we would definitely live on ship. Planning cruises well in advance though fills the void and of course obsessing about it and chatting on Cruise Critic builds the excitement.

Nobody told me about the serious withdrwals i would experience after my cruise has ended!! We did silhouette adriatic cruise may 30th, i met so many lovely lovely people from so many countries, i miss them, and i miss my cruise!! :D

On the last evening of our first cruise, June 2006, doing the Greek Isles and Turkish Coast, our "condition" was much worse than just "serious withdrawals". It almost seemed like a form of "depression". Getting off of the ship, no grand meals, friendly staff help gone, fun/interesting ports missing, etc. Returning to "real life" can be challenging . . . and a bit of hell on early!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 102,454 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Yes, it is sad that cruise bookings do not carry a warning of the potential addiction and how many of us become addicted so quickly.

Try as I might, I just cannot stop myself from booking cruises. Things are so bad now that DH & I not only book a cruise on board a cruise we are on, we have taken to booking others in between, hence we currently have three booked.:rolleyes:

We live by a Navy HQ & also a dockyard to which many cruise ships come for refurbishments and maintenance. You should see how excited we get as they come in ......... inevitably we start looking for another cruise to book.:D

I was on my last cruise in June and don't have another one for just under 90 days. I am just anticipating so much that I actually have started putting special items in a suitcase.

I know that's nuts and I will probably unpack and repack a bunch of times. It is just that since I retired, cruising (and other travel) is what I look forward to. I guess you could say

that's "what floats my boat...sorry ship."

Years ago we did a transatlantic on Celebrity and when I emailed "home" I told my family that "my home is the sea now". We average two weeks a year on cruises and if we could - we would definitely live on ship. Planning cruises well in advance though fills the void and of course obsessing about it and chatting on Cruise Critic builds the excitement.

There is a ship called residensea that is like a floating condo. There are even threads on it here on CC.

http://aboardtheworld.com/

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=136

Just sayin'.

I suggested a Med cruise as our first one a few years back because we couldn't decide which country to visit for our 20th anniversary. We haven't gone a full year without being on a cruise ship since! My husband could easily live at sea - if only he could take his two pups with him! Me? I love cruising, but I'd still like a home on land!

I so miss the way the stateroom attendant makes up the bed - smooth and tight sheets. I had to go out and buy sheet clips to fasten under the top mattress to hold my sheets taut so that I can imagine I'm back on the ship.

I've also been known to sniff Replenish (Celebrity lemongrass lotion) when I particularly feel overdue for some cruising time.:D

I thought I had it nailed - it was our 35th wedding anniversary and I told my husband that the traditional gift is xpress boarding passes. He didn't buy it!!

Nobody told me about the serious withdrwals i would experience after my cruise has ended!! We did silhouette adriatic cruise may 30th, i met so many lovely lovely people from so many countries, i miss them, and i miss my cruise!! :D

Happens all the time:eek:.....every cruise.....best way to try and help

is to book another another one:D

Hard to believe, but my DW was booking the 11/18/2013 Silhouette TA as I was here typing.

There is just me here and I am trying to figure out if I want to

keep my March cruise or go in January and then go in May to Alaska.

I don't know why I can't figure things out:eek:

There is just me here and I am trying to figure out if I want to

keep my March cruise or go in January and then go in May to Alaska.

I don't know why I can't figure things out:eek:

Try a TA if you can find the time.est cruising value and no matter which one you take you'll find lots of friends aboard. I'll be doing Silhouette this December, Reflection, next April and Silhouette in Dec, 2013. Going West is better than going Esat due to time changes.

Try a TA if you can find the time.est cruising value and no matter which one you take you'll find lots of friends aboard. I'll be doing Silhouette this December, Reflection, next April and Silhouette in Dec, 2013. Going West is better than going Esat due to time changes.

I can't do a TA at this time....TA's always interefere with work:rolleyes:

They fall either 1) the end of a month, 2) beginning of a month or

3) somewhere in between both......

Glad to see this topic. I went on my first cruise last month and fell in love! My favorite part was waking up in the middle of the night and seeing land/lights in the dark across the water. Really stirred something in me. I have my next cruise booked for next June and to say I can't wait would be the understatement of the year. I have already been researching DIY touring and putting maps and such together. Glad to know I'm not alone!

Pam

Archived