Chef's Table/Balcony Dining

dandonna

Now that it's official that suite passengers have priority for CT & other reservations that could affect getting the CT. Based on posts sometimes they don't have a CT due to lack of requests & other times they have too many & not everyone can do it. Once we were the 1st passengers boarding to request but there were 20 from the previous cruise already on the list & we still got the CT.

Just call as early as possible & you'll most likely be able to enjoy this great experience! :D

We'll be in a suite over Thanksgiving for our first Princess cruise, so hearing this gives me more hope that we'll be able to get a spot at the table. Can I assume that they collect requests initially to to allow suite guests to book before going to the list of requests from guests not in suites?

Tom

We'll be in a suite over Thanksgiving for our first Princess cruise, so hearing this gives me more hope that we'll be able to get a spot at the table. Can I assume that they collect requests initially to to allow suite guests to book before going to the list of requests from guests not in suites?

Tom

I've never been in a suite so hopefully someone else will know the answer to your question. In the interim you may call Princess or ask your TA for any insights they may have on the procedure to use this suite benefit. I believe this being an 'official' suite benefit to get priority is only a few months old so not sure if you'll be able to get an answer.

Once you're onboard you could ask your cabin steward or just call to be put on the list...good luck! We're 4 for 4 with the CT & enjoyed 2 UBDs and both are great. I believe that you can order from the MDR menu to dine on your balcony every night, right??

WE've always been at the dinner--usually make the phone call and leave a message as soon as you get to your room--my only problem has been when they were serious about closed toe shoes for women--picked some up in Aruba so I could attend--usually nothing is said about the closed toe shoe but it is in the rules.

Nancy:D:D

... I believe that you can order from the MDR menu to dine on your balcony every night, right??

That sounds familiar, I'll have to refresh my memory (CC comes in handy that way)!

Looking forward to the UBD as well. That leaves 5 other nights -- I figure with a couple meals at the Crown Grill and Sabatini's that should leave us with a night or two to either enjoy the buffet or opt for MDR food delivery.

Any suggestions as to what you've enjoyed at those two specialty restaurants?

Tom

Any suggestions as to what you've enjoyed at those two specialty restaurants?

Tom

At the Crown Grill the filet mignon is always tasty & my wife enjoys the lobster. I could make it a surf & turf but cannot eat that much food & enjoy the other courses. Since you can order anything on the menu, instead of ordering appetizer courses she orders another main course as her appetizer which she loves...mussels. The French Onion soup is much better than in the MDR & for dessert they have a plate with smaller portions of most items although the great fruit cobbler isn't one of them...decisions, decisions! :p

At Sabatini's we've enjoyed the lobster & I had the veal chop the last time. I'm not a big fish eater but have heard so many great things about the fish for two so we'll try it the next time.

I've had wonderful meals at both & the service has always been great but that's just my opinion. :)

At the Crown Grill the filet mignon is always tasty & my wife enjoys the lobster. I could make it a surf & turf but cannot eat that much food & enjoy the other courses. Since you can order anything on the menu, instead of ordering appetizer courses she orders another main course as her appetizer which she loves...mussels. The French Onion soup is much better than in the MDR & for dessert they have a plate with smaller portions of most items although the great fruit cobbler isn't one of them...decisions, decisions! :p

At Sabatini's we've enjoyed the lobster & I had the veal chop the last time. I'm not a big fish eater but have heard so many great things about the fish for two so we'll try it the next time.

I've had wonderful meals at both & the service has always been great but that's just my opinion. :)

Thanks.

Just today I was discussing my love of cobbler with someone! :)

Tom

As far as ordering dinner off the MDR menu for room service--I thought that was only for full suites--we haven't sailed Princes for about 1-1/2 years so maybe things have changed--Please let me knoow

Thanks

We'll be in a suite over Thanksgiving for our first Princess cruise

As far as ordering dinner off the MDR menu for room service--I thought that was only for full suites--we haven't sailed Princes for about 1-1/2 years so maybe things have changed--Please let me knoow

Thanks

They are in a PH suite & that's why I mentioned having dinner from the MDR menu was an option for them. ;)

We sailed in a full suite last Sept. on the Sea Princess (our first suite!), and we ordered room service off the main menu several times. A couple of differences: with UBD, your courses are served one a time and you're waited on as if in the dining room. With room service, everything is delivered all at once and the wait staff then disappears.

We also did the CT and at $95 per person, we felt it was well worth the money, but you cannot eat all the food they serve! Will we do it again? Maybe, but not for awhile.

Another benefit given to suite passengers was an invitation to tour the bridge. What a great opportunity. My profile picture is a photo taken with the captain that day.

Enjoy your cruise and your suite!

We sailed in a full suite last Sept. on the Sea Princess (our first suite!), and we ordered room service off the main menu several times. A couple of differences: with UBD, your courses are served one a time and you're waited on as if in the dining room. With room service, everything is delivered all at once and the wait staff then disappears.

We also did the CT and at $95 per person, we felt it was well worth the money, but you cannot eat all the food they serve! Will we do it again? Maybe, but not for awhile.

Another benefit given to suite passengers was an invitation to tour the bridge. What a great opportunity. My profile picture is a photo taken with the captain that day.

I've noticed more reasonable portion sizes since our 1st CT...originally the size of the risotto course was like a main course and no one could finish it. ;)

Another suite option that I've read about is having breakfast exclusively for suite passengers in Sabatini's.

Thanks!

Another suite option that I've read about is having breakfast exclusively for suite passengers in Sabatini's.

Now that sounds nice! I know that on NCL they have Cagney's (or the Epic Club on the Epic) exclusively for suite guests - breakfast and lunch.

Tom

Now that sounds nice! I know that on NCL they have Cagney's (or the Epic Club on the Epic) exclusively for suite guests - breakfast and lunch.

Tom

I seem to recall reading that the breakfast may include a Bloody Mary or Mimosa but don't depend upon my memory & hopefully someone with actual experience will verify whether my memory is correct or not. :p

I seem to recall reading that the breakfast may include a Bloody Mary or Mimosa but don't depend upon my memory & hopefully someone with actual experience will verify whether my memory is correct or not. :p

It used to include both. Now it is just Mimosa.

Are you sure this is possible? Everything I've read suggests you could prepay for the experience, but you had to book onboard. Prepaying doesn't guarantee you'll get the evening/time of your choice. Is this not the case?

We just booked and pre-paid for our UBD. The Princess Rep said we would have a card in our Stateroom when we board and would set the day up with our cabin steward. So we shall see`````

We just booked and pre-paid for our UBD. The Princess Rep said we would have a card in our Stateroom when we board and would set the day up with our cabin steward. So we shall see`````

I just made our reservation for the UBD as well. She asked if I had a particular day in mind (and I told her). I then asked if 7 PM was possible. Her reply was that there was no space on the form she was filling out for time, but that I could look into that once onboard. I commented that I was under the impression that they could only take payment, and that the day would be determined once onboard. She replied, again, that it was only the time she could not lock in.

A few minutes later I had a confirmation email (Bon Voyage receipt) for the $100, but no mention there of the date requested. I'll know more next month!!

Tom

There will be instructions on who to call but it wasn't through our already busy cabin steward. I guess the procedure could have changed but too often advice given by customer service reps come from someone who may not have ever taken a cruise & thus don't know the correct answer. :p

I just made our reservation for the UBD as well. She asked if I had a particular day in mind (and I told her). I then asked if 7 PM was possible. Her reply was that there was no space on the form she was filling out for time, but that I could look into that once onboard. I commented that I was under the impression that they could only take payment, and that the day would be determined once onboard. She replied, again, that it was only the time she could not lock in.

A few minutes later I had a confirmation email (Bon Voyage receipt) for the $100, but no mention there of the date requested. I'll know more next month!!

Tom

Pre-paying has been our only option & the time we did it the card was in our cabin at embarkation with instructions on how to get a date & time.

We've all experienced someone telling us that something was possible but it's rarely possible when the computer says it's not possible. Although if I recall correctly you're in a suite which might be one of the benefits for you being eligible for priority reservations. :)

We've all experienced someone telling us that something was possible but it's rarely possible when the computer says it's not possible. Although if I recall correctly you're in a suite which might be one of the benefits for you being eligible for priority reservations. :)

I'm not sure she ever booked one before - she had to "go find something" first, and then kind of talked her way through the form. I did ask if being in a suite enabled the choice of day, but she just repeated again "I can only book the day, not the time"! :rolleyes:

Tom

I'm not sure she ever booked one before - she had to "go find something" first, and then kind of talked her way through the form. I did ask if being in a suite enabled the choice of day, but she just repeated again "I can only book the day, not the time"! :rolleyes:

Tom

That happens & it's understandble to me...they can only read what's on their computer or what someone else tells them is on their computer. Even if they've taken a Princess cruise, procedures change just like there are changes from experiences shared on CC.

The good thing is that in only a month you'll know the answer for yourself! :D

You will need to call room service.

• 2 months later...

Just back from Ruby and the UB was Outstanding! We had a card in our cabin that said to call and set up which night we wanted them there. Much better than the Crown Grill, maybe they had an off night but the service was not over the top, and the meal was not as good as the main dinning room. Our table mates did the Chef Table and raved about it. 2nd seating for CT was cancelled due to and out break of the Norwak.

Archived