Blue Dress Code

StevenA

Quick question, what is the dress code for formal nights in Blu? Thank you in advance for helping to clarify.

StevenA

Smart Casual every evening. If you want to go formal, go formal. Your choice, not required.

There are dozens of threads on this topic!

True. First hand observation from Blu on 9/2 Bermuda sailing. Most men in Blu wesr wearing suit and tie, saw a couple of guys with suit, no tie and one in tux. Ladies mostly in dressier cocktail dresses. Step above smart casual for sure. Was the case most nights in Blu. Never saw any jeans.

True. First hand observation from Blu on 9/2 Bermuda sailing. Most men in Blu wesr wearing suit and tie, saw a couple of guys with suit, no tie and one in tux. Ladies mostly in dressier cocktail dresses. Step above smart casual for sure. Was the case most nights in Blu. Never saw any jeans.

What can I say Sandi? Rob and his tux will never be parted! You will sooner seen a snowball in hell before you see a Rob and a Formal Night tux-less. :D:D:D

Quick question, what is the dress code for formal nights in Blu? Thank you in advance for helping to clarify.

StevenA

To answer your question, our experience is that slightly over 1/2 wear suits or tuxes, about 25% wear sports jackets and the remainder are in smart casual. You will not be alone wearing a tux and you won't be alone wearing a nice button front shirt with nice pants.

The important question is where are you cruising to?

In Europe the vast majority of men wear tux or dark suits on formal nights, in fact in our experience Blu was just as formal as Cunard. We didn't see one man not as dressed up as their wives/partners, the ladies dresses were stunning.

The Caribean was a different matter, we were still on the Eclipse but there was a good mixture, Tux, suits, sports jacket and just shirts.

This was only in Blu. At the martini bar and around the ship most were dressed up.

The real question is what are you comfortable with?

And what about your partner? (sorry if you are cruising solo)

I love an excuse to wear long or formal dresses so my DH needs to look likes he's with me. To my mind as long as you are comfortable in what you are wearing and good company I wouldn't mind if you sat next to me in a dress.

Hope this helps

Happy cruising.

Archived