RccL please come back

dchillis

I say come back to San Diego too! Shoot, even if during the transitional months, they had 3 months of sailing from SD I would cruise no matter what! For the two cruises I am taking from FLL this year, the airfare would pay for TWO ADDITIONAL CRUISES INSTEAD at Oasis class prices! Seriously.

In March I did sail out of SD for a repositioning cruise to Alaska. It was wonderful to take a quick 10 minute cab ride and be at the terminal. I'd do that alone, even for a cruise with only sea days again in a heart beat!

Airfare is hurting all of us. While I have Bayonne to the north of me and Baltimore to the west, there are not any deals on these ships unless you wait until last minute and then a suite might be left or an inside cabin that costs as much as the suite it seems. When I factor in the airfare I can fly to florida and be in warm weather during all the sea days it takes the Explorer or the Enchantment, soon to be Grandeur, to get into warmer weather. The added factor of seeing different ports rather than the offerings listed now is more important to us. We miss the Explorer and our crew family. However 7 night sailings that include port canaveral, nassau and cococay are not appealing to us. Bring back the 11 and 12 nighter southern carib sailings.

We had booked a cruise out of west coast and then all the sailings were canceled to move the ship. We were intrigued by a stop in Catalina Island I believe it was. The prices for a balcony were fantastic and I have to agree that RCCL was not making money. I am not sure how they are making money with all the ships they have across the pond either but who knows....

I floated out of Baltimore in May '05 on Grandeur of the Seas and froze my West Coast beeeeehind off. And where's the mountain's in Maryland freaky flat hunk of land.

FWIW, that blog (not anything official, just some guy's blog) post is more than a year and a half old.

uhhh yeah and your point is? It's basically true not enough people cruising to make it worth while, and the violence in Mexico is real. I don't get what your saying.

How about a Pacific Coastal cruise....at least a couple of times a year as ships transition from Alaska to Hawaii and ultimately Australia. I'd also love to see a RT Hawaii cruise out of San Pedro or San Diego. Celebrity does it.....why not RCI?

I'd be happy with a Pac Coast cruise also. How long is the RT Hawaii cruise?

randi from mazatlan. has she sobered up yet?

love mexico, have no fear traveling there.

cozumel has virtually no crime as 95% of its residents work in tourism to make their living.

we took NCL from LA to vancouver on a seven day in May. stopped in san francisco, astoria oregon, victoria, and nanimo then over to vancouver. 185 air fare one way back loved it, 69 in SF overcast and drizzle in astoria and 72-76 in the three canadian cities.

Did you ever eat at Letty's? That was our favorite place on stone island.

Gina, Letty died a couple of years ago. I don't know whether the family still has the restaurant.

I have to agree, when we did not eat at Victors, we ate at Letty's.

I, too would love to see a part time ship, at least, back on the West Coast.

Maybe when the Sunshine Class come on the scene, they will release a Vision Class to cruise part time from the West Coast. One can only hope!!:rolleyes:

Rick

I wish that RccL would come back to Port of Los Angeles. I wouldn't care if they made Cabo their only stop and just had Sea Days the rest of the cruise. I miss being able to have the opportunity to sail with them here on the West Coast.

I agree. Living in Arizona it is not too much of a trip to Long Beach or San Pedro.

And you're incorrect. The Explorer never has sailed out of the west coast so it would not have been a MR cruise.

I agree. I cannont imagine a Voyager class (post Panamax) ship out there unless they sailed around South America or east to the west coast of the US.

You mean like the Mariner of the Seas.

I keep forgetting Mariner. It and Voyager are two of that class I have never been on. However, none will fit through the Panama canal. But, didn't one do the south American route a while back?

But was was thinking about what was going on in 2006.

Archived