RccL please come back

dchillis

I wish that RccL would come back to Port of Los Angeles. I wouldn't care if they made Cabo their only stop and just had Sea Days the rest of the cruise. I miss being able to have the opportunity to sail with them here on the West Coast.

I am right there with you! I would love for them to come back to the west coast. The airfare is killing me! I would definitely be cruising more if they were here.

Yes the air fair. I really envy the folks in florida. It's so convenient to just drive to port hop on and then a short drive home.

I wish that RccL would come back to Port of Los Angeles. I wouldn't care if they made Cabo their only stop and just had Sea Days the rest of the cruise. I miss being able to have the opportunity to sail with them here on the West Coast.

RoTAdc8a

Isn't this mostly due to the problems in Mexico?

That's even a factor here. I know several friends who cruise who will not UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES take a cruise that even visits Cancun. Any part of Mexico is on their no-sail list.

This can't be unique. It certainly has kept me from a few, although I'm not completely against it, I do keep selecting ones that don't go there. Enough that I'm noticing we keep skipping Cancun cruises when there are other options.

1. Ships stop in Cozumel, not Cancun

2. Cozumel is an island, NOT impacted by the violence in Northern Mexico or the West Coast.

3. There have been no tourist related incidents connected to the violence in Mexico on the Island of Cozumel.

Isn't this mostly due to the problems in Mexico?

That's even a factor here. I know several friends who cruise who will not UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES take a cruise that even visits Cancun. Any part of Mexico is on their no-sail list.

This can't be unique. It certainly has kept me from a few, although I'm not completely against it, I do keep selecting ones that don't go there. Enough that I'm noticing we keep skipping Cancun cruises when there are other options.

This is from a RccL blog:

"Royal Caribbean is joining two other cruise lines in ending or reducing their travel to Mexico from southern California, a trend that some in the industry attribute the growing violence in the country has scared off tourists.

An estimated 755,000 cruise passengers passed through the Port of Los Angeles last year, but expects that number to drop to 605,000 in 2011, said the port. Only the Mariner of the Seas transported 320,000 passengers in the port in 2010, and Royal Caribbean has had a presence in place for most of the past 20 years."

Add: And now it appears the even Carnival will have less sailings. :(

1. Ships stop in Cozumel, not Cancun

2. Cozumel is an island, NOT impacted by the violence in Northern Mexico or the West Coast.

3. There have been no tourist related incidents connected to the violence in Mexico on the Island of Cozumel.

1. I love the insult on someone's intelligence... but it is typical in cruising to refer to the closest big city/tourist destination when your ship enters a port.

Civitavecchia (Rome)

Seward or Whittier (Anchorage)

Piraeus (Athens)

Warnemunde (Berlin)

Livorno (Florence)

Port Canaveral (Orlando)

Southampton or Dover (London)

La Havre (Paris)

Cozumel offers countless excursions to much larger tourist destination of Cancun. So, it's not unintelligent to connect the two.

2. None at all?

3. http://www.cruiselawnews.com/2012/06/articles/crime/royal-caribbean-passenger-alleges-gang-rape-in-cozumel/

Honestly, there was no insult intended. If it came across that way, I apologize!

But Cozumel is not Cancun or the West Coast of Mexico...

PS..Folks sail to Roatan, but folks do not refer to a city on the mainland of Honduras when discussing Roatan.

1. I love the insult on someone's intelligence... but it is typical in cruising to refer to the closest big city/tourist destination when your ship enters a port.

Civitavecchia (Rome)

Seward or Whittier (Anchorage)

Piraeus (Athens)

Warnemunde (Berlin)

Livorno (Florence)

Port Canaveral (Orlando)

Southampton or Dover (London)

La Havre (Paris)

Cozumel offers countless excursions to much larger tourist destination of Cancun. So, it's not unintelligent to connect the two.

2. None at all?

3. http://www.cruiselawnews.com/2012/06/articles/crime/royal-caribbean-passenger-alleges-gang-rape-in-cozumel/

I believe the poster was referring to drug violence. Anyway, you have a greater chance of being assaulted in Long Beach or San Pedro than in the ports the lines visit. That same story you linked above could happen in any major city in the US (actually a woman was ganged raped right here in San Diego a couple of months ago). You can live in fear or you can live life. Your choice.

Back to topic, RCI did not make any $$ cruising from LA.

This is the correct answer as to the reason Royal Caribbean pulled out of California. It was becoming expensive for Royal to operate out of Los Angeles and they were losing money out of there. At least that is what I heard.

Airfare is hurting all of us. While I have Bayonne to the north of me and Baltimore to the west, there are not any deals on these ships unless you wait until last minute and then a suite might be left or an inside cabin that costs as much as the suite it seems. When I factor in the airfare I can fly to florida and be in warm weather during all the sea days it takes the Explorer or the Enchantment, soon to be Grandeur, to get into warmer weather. The added factor of seeing different ports rather than the offerings listed now is more important to us. We miss the Explorer and our crew family. However 7 night sailings that include port canaveral, nassau and cococay are not appealing to us. Bring back the 11 and 12 nighter southern carib sailings.

We had booked a cruise out of west coast and then all the sailings were canceled to move the ship. We were intrigued by a stop in Catalina Island I believe it was. The prices for a balcony were fantastic and I have to agree that RCCL was not making money. I am not sure how they are making money with all the ships they have across the pond either but who knows....

I so wish they would come back! I would cruise every year if they did. Now I'm going to have to wait 3 years between cruises to save up. I love Royal and would rather give my money to them than Carnival, but unfortunately if I want to cruise out of LA they are my only real option.

I hope they come back soon, wishful thinking I guess.

Kerrie :)

How about a Pacific Coastal cruise....at least a couple of times a year as ships transition from Alaska to Hawaii and ultimately Australia. I'd also love to see a RT Hawaii cruise out of San Pedro or San Diego. Celebrity does it.....why not RCI?

Oh, I so agree.......!!

Agree with the OP.

We've cruised twice out of San Pedro -- one was a Mexico cruise that got re-routed North because of the swine flu epidemic. The following year we were able to take the Mexico cruise.

Honestly, when we look back on it -- we LOVED the rerouted cruise the most. We stopped in SF, Seattle, and Victoria. It was a totally different kind of cruise for us, but very memorable. I would book that again in a heartbeat!

Ann

From your signature, it looks like you never sailed RC from the West Coast. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

This is from a RccL blog:

"Royal Caribbean is joining two other cruise lines in ending or reducing their travel to Mexico from southern California, a trend that some in the industry attribute the growing violence in the country has scared off tourists.

An estimated 755,000 cruise passengers passed through the Port of Los Angeles last year, but expects that number to drop to 605,000 in 2011, said the port. Only the Mariner of the Seas transported 320,000 passengers in the port in 2010, and Royal Caribbean has had a presence in place for most of the past 20 years."

Add: And now it appears the even Carnival will have less sailings. :(

FWIW, that blog (not anything official, just some guy's blog) post is more than a year and a half old.

From your signature, it looks like you never sailed RC from the West Coast. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

From what I see, the "Mexico 06" cruise is out of the West Coast. So yes, the OP has sailed RC from the West Coast. I also don't see why that would matter.

I am right there with you! I would love for them to come back to the west coast. The airfare is killing me! I would definitely be cruising more if they were here.

Totally! Sometimes I think we should just pay airfare for certain weeks from Denver to Ft. Lauderdale then find a random last-minute cruise ... The airfare rivals the cruises in cost.

How about a Pacific Coastal cruise....at least a couple of times a year as ships transition from Alaska to Hawaii and ultimately Australia. I'd also love to see a RT Hawaii cruise out of San Pedro or San Diego. Celebrity does it.....why not RCI?

I also would like RCL to come back to the west coast. We have booked Celebrity for their Wine west coastal cruise Sept 2013. As for us in Seattle, flights to Fort Lauderdale take 6 to 9 hours. Seattle to London 9 hours. We might as well cruise in Europe. We are 2 hours away from LA and San Diego. If we were 2 hours away from Fort Lauderdale we would do more Caribbean cruises. Richard

My vote is still for San Diego. It's much more convenient with a much nicer port than Los Angeles. The day RCI puts a ship there we will fly from FL multiple times a year to cruise the MR. Just like before.

We aren't afraid of crime in San Diego or Mazatlan.

Born and raised in Miami,

Gina :)

Archived