Anyone know the Captain and CD on Voyager!

glorygaf

My wife and I from Gold Coast Australia are doing BtoBtoBtoB Istanbul Oct.31 to Safaga, Mumbai and Bali on Voyager and wonder if anyone knows who the Captain and Cruise Director will be. Have read the Hotel Manager is Frank Galzi who was on Mariner for circumnavigation of South America last January. Frank is a lovely person and runs a very good ship. Looking forward to see if any of the crew who were on Mariner may have joined Voyager as there were a lot of crew from Bali. Cheers Tony.

Franck is scheduled to be the G.M. on the Mumbai to Bali portion of your cruise (we'll be on as well). He will likely be on when you embark. Captain McNeil (my mind is blank with the spelling -- I think of him as Capt. McSexy:-) is also scheduled to be on board. I'm a huge fan of these incredibly talented and wonderful men and are looking forward to seeing them.

Hi Linda,

Captain Gianmario Sanguinetti is your Captain, and Jamie Logan is your CD. And yes, Capt John McNeil

proudly wears his kilt at the Captain's Welcome and Captain's Farewell.

When on board pls give Ida and my warmest regards to Capt Mario, Jamie and

a special Atlanta shout out to Forgap (Jennifer and Georges will be on board with you)

I am currently onboard the Voyager. Captain is Gianmario Sanguineti, GM is Franck Galzy and CD is Jamie Logan (no Dana). Most all is going well (note I said "most".) Check in was super fast - our car arrived at 12 p.m. and I was eating lunch at 12:30. I am here if there are questions. Patti

I am currently onboard the Voyager. Captain is Gianmario Sanguineti, GM is Franck Galzy and CD is Jamie Logan (no Dana). Most all is going well (note I said "most".) Check in was super fast - our car arrived at 12 p.m. and I was eating lunch at 12:30. I am here if there are questions. Patti

Hi Patti, thanks for the offer. Is the movie "Angels and Demons" available in the cabin? I signed up for the tour in Rome, and it would be fun to see the movie again in advance.

First let me tell you that this a.m., Captain told us we would have to miss Oporto and Lisbon due to dockworkers strike. Instead we have a sea day on Monday and Gibraltar the next day.

Now, for some comments. I don't like to be negative but here is what I have observed. P7 on Sun was not good waited one hour for bad crab legs. Carpets not in great shape and outside of Ob lounge, really bad.

Now for the biggest headache for us. We booked all of our tours six months ago. We always book a difficulty level 1 or 2, never a 3! When on tour in Bordeaux, it felt really difficult for us. Steep hills and cobblestones. Lots of folks having difficulty. I talked to the Regent rep, and he told me they changed all 2's to 3's and that I should have seen the sheet telling us this. But here is the problem - we have no tours to chose from. Lots of people who paid the included tours have no place to go. There are very few tours level 1. And the 2's are now 3's. DH is spending a lot of time at DS trying to wait list us. Seems like we could have known this earlier. I want to know the correct difficulty level for us, but would have liked to know in time to change tours on our account page.

On a bright side, Sette Mari is very good and charming. Have been there two nights. Pasta carbonara - excellent. Very attractive and good Italian wines (at least for me).

Crew is friendly, passengers seem nice.

Not sure about Angels and Demons, I have not looked at movies. Good new for me is they have MSNBC.

I hope this makes some sense.

Patti22: Who is the Food and Beverage Manager on board? You should definitely let him know about your experience in P7. Try stopping by Franck Galzy's office (across the hall from the Cruise Consultants office) and have a chat with him about the excursions and any other issue that is concerning you about the cruise. They truly want to know when something is not right and prefer knowing now than reading about it on your comment card when you leave the cruise:)

TC2, food and beverage manager is Jose Vagos. I know that every restaurant has a bad night now and then. As for the excursion issue, I was sort of told that it was my fault for not reading the supplement that was in our suite on check-in. I just did not know what to do other than try and rebook suitable excursions. We will make this all work.

Archived