Fort Lauderdale - Embassy Suites

sail7seas

Thanks Sapper 1 and Kazu for the "Good News". DH doesn't handle surprises too well and didn't want our 50th anniversary cruise to start off badly. I do plan on calling them on the day of arrival to remind them that we will be getting in late.

Thanks everyone for the advice and info --

Bookfinder

Thanks Sapper 1 and Kazu for the "Good News". DH doesn't handle surprises too well and didn't want our 50th anniversary cruise to start off badly. I do plan on calling them on the day of arrival to remind them that we will be getting in late.

Bookfinder

Have a wonderful 50th anniversary!!

Bookfinder

You're welcome and I'm sure you'll have a memorable experience. Fifty years is such a milestone and what better way to celebrate than to take a cruise.

I try to have all the wrinkles ironed out in advance for my husband as well. If they don't have a good time they won't want to go again and then where would we be?:)

Bookfinder

Congratulations on your 50th Anniversary......... How Wonderful!!

Hope you have a great cruise in celebration. :)

Bookfinder

anytime - glad it helps - Happy 50th - very nice - I'm in the same boat as sapper - it's a good idea to keep the wrinkles ironed out as much as possible:D:D

I was wondering if this was the Embassy Suites that was relatively near the Publix? When the Noordam was late leaving this February they bussed us over to that area for a few hours. I liked all the stores over there - very convenient for picking up last minute forgotten items/wine/soda, etc. Are there any other hotels that are relatively close to that area?

I was wondering if this was the Embassy Suites that was relatively near the Publix? When the Noordam was late leaving this February they bussed us over to that area for a few hours. I liked all the stores over there - very convenient for picking up last minute forgotten items/wine/soda, etc. Are there any other hotels that are relatively close to that area?

Publix is very close (you can walk) as is Total Wine and a selection of great restaurants:D Other hotels close by (but I would probably do a cab if you were going to have anything at all that you were carrying as it is a longer walk - to be sure) would be the Holiday Inn and the Hyatt I believe. Not sure of others but those are the two I recall seeing on the 'main drag'.

embassy suites is also very close to the water taxi if you want to use it to get from here to there:)

The Hyatt Place is right behind the ES...and an easy walk to Total Wine and Publix...we've stayed at both...nice area especially if you need pick up wine or other last minute things.

There is also a nice little local type restaurant called Kelly's about 2 blocks away..with great New England style seafood...they have it flown in weekly or twice weekly I think...had lobster last year before our Nieuw Amsterdam cruise...

• 1 month later...
Just read through all the posts. I just booked this hotel last night for December. You guys gave out some great information. Even though many of you will probably not see this..............Thanks!

We love the Embassy Suites in Ft Lauderdale.

It is within walking distance to the Harbor Shops (right behind the hotel) -- there are lots of restaurants there as well as Publix (for items you may have forgotten to bring) and Total Wine if you want to take your own wine on board the ship.

We have stayed there many years pre and post cruise. We love the full breakfast every morning. There is a manager;s cocktail party from 5:30 - 7:30 every evening.

The E-Spot restaurant on the site is also great.

We love the Embassy Suites in Ft Lauderdale.

It is within walking distance to the Harbor Shops (right behind the hotel) -- there are lots of restaurants there as well as Publix (for items you may have forgotten to bring) and Total Wine if you want to take your own wine on board the ship.

We have stayed there many years pre and post cruise. We love the full breakfast every morning. There is a manager;s cocktail party from 5:30 - 7:30 every evening.

The E-Spot restaurant on the site is also great.

I too love to stay, pre-cruise, at 'Embassy Suites' in Ft. Lauderdale, although I was unable to reserve a room before my upcoming 20-Day Trans Panama Canal cruise, so I am booked in the 'Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel' just down the street! :)

We stay at the Embassy Suites based on KK's recommendations several years ago. And the E-spot restaurant has great food and if you go there during Happy Hour, you can take your wine and go back for refills as often as you like, thus not having to buy a bottle for dinner.

And for Geriatric Nurse, have you tried booking the Embassy Suites lately for the March cruise ? For awhile, I tried and found no rooms, then in mid October I was successful online. And in early November, I was able to add an additional night.

Archived