On the Dream and NOT happy~!

pomlover

If everyone stops doing reviews how does that help the newbies learn about things that only seasoned cruisers know?

I came to CC prior to my first cruise in 2006...lurked...read a lot...then liked my cruise...knew things others in my group didn`t...then in 2008 joined.

I understand the frustration of most of you...tired of the same idiots spewing the same crap on a daily basis...just ignore them...eventually they will go away.

Myself included hardly ever come around anymore since it has become a breeding ground for cheerleaders or healdites(yes I like John...but his band of follwers are really over the top).

I like CCL...don`t love them...never had a bad vacation on land or sea...

Will continue to answer questions I can help with..

Ok my soapbox just broke

Hopefully they fixed the soot problem. Our group had the aft wrap and the next 10 adjoining balconies. Every morning soot was all over the balcony decks. However in Carnival's defense they did give all of us a 25% refund per passenger and 10% each passenger off a future booking along with a nice letter.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

LOL...this is so hysterical...Do you realize I am labeled a Carnival hater? Not only by the irrational pom-pom wielders but by JH himself??? Ironic that the truth is my comments actually cause people to sail Carnival.

too funny....

It's what the kids nowdays call "cred".

Many of the "Pixie-dust" reviews don't have it.

Unfortunately the only way you can get it is experience and honesty - and you have to be willing to be crucified for your candor.

It's just.not.worth.it.

If everyone stops doing reviews how does that help the newbies learn about things that only seasoned cruisers know?

I came to CC prior to my first cruise in 2006...lurked...read a lot...then liked my cruise...knew things others in my group didn`t...then in 2008 joined.

I understand the frustration of most of you...tired of the same idiots spewing the same crap on a daily basis...just ignore them...eventually they will go away.

Myself included hardly ever come around anymore since it has become a breeding ground for cheerleaders or healdites(yes I like John...but his band of follwers are really over the top).

I like CCL...don`t love them...never had a bad vacation on land or sea...

Will continue to answer questions I can help with..

Ok my soapbox just broke

Great post, I've never had a bad vacation either and always try to answer questions honestly...This post all boils down to "he said/she said" so no one knows the absolute truth..Sounds like the poster got off on a bad foot and sometimes once that happens they only see the negative and not the positives...They could be home digging ditches and not be able to afford a vacation like lots of folks.....:):)...Dennis

It's not only the 'same idiots'. Even though some newbies are rational, others are definitely not and have made it obvious that they do not like hearing anything negative, even when the review is balanced.

They start threads that say "why all the negativity'?? or..."I am scared because there are so many negative reviews of *fill in the ship*....totally lloking past the numerous good reviews and/or comments.

It just gets too tiring...

Having sailed on Dream 4x so far and going again in November, I am sorry to tell you that the first elegant night is Sunday night. Even though we have been in Nassau, we depart early and Sunday and Thursday are elegant nights on BOTH eastern and western.

Thanks for confirming that. We have always had first elegant night on the first sea day. That was what I had read on the roll call that they were expecting as well.

My brother is a drummer on The Dream... He looks like Howie Mandel, I am sure he is probably playing country-rock in one of the lounges. Go to him and tell him his sister said to "entertain you" He is great and always has encouraging words for everyone !! Oh by the way... His name is Richie Zayas!!

The problem that hasn't been resolved is the lack of customer service and the loss of cruise time and enjoyment dealing with poor service. The number of patrons shouldn't matter, they should adequate staff to handle anything that might come up and systems in place to make sure that preventable incidents don't happen. (ie delayed meals and multiple requests for maintenance.)

It's really a question of what your expected load of maintenance problems occurring is. I don't know the specifics of what exactly is going on right now or in any specific case, but in general, you have to plan for the average load. It would be very uneconomical to plan for anything occurring as that would require an excessive number of workers.

In general, you can use statistics to determine how many maintenance workers you will need to handle problems on your ship. Decision makers would select a percentage of probable events that they would want to handle. For example, they might say that they want an 80% chance (on average) of handling all maintenance requests within x amount of time.

The same sort of decision is made at grocery stores to determine how much stuff they want to keep on their shelves. They can't say that they want to have a product available 100% of the time because they would be throwing away food when it goes bad. They have to take the loss when you want to buy something but can't give them your money because in the long run it will make them more money than if they threw products away.

In view of recent events in the Middle east and north Africa, I am surprised everyone isn't praising "freedom of speech" at every opportunity. Opinion is subjective.

Unless, of course, something rude is said about a principal of a religion that encourages killing of people who believe differently.

There are bigger worries than cold soup and safes that won't lock.

Wearing my asbestos suit.

In view of recent events in the Middle east and north Africa, I am surprised everyone isn't praising "freedom of speech" at every opportunity. Opinion is subjective.

Unless, of course, something rude is said about a principal of a religion that encourages killing of people who believe differently.

There are bigger worries than cold soup and safes that won't lock.

Wearing my asbestos suit.

You are absolutely right that there are bigger worries. There are also plenty of forums out there to share those worries... this one, however, pertains to cruising and not current affairs and world politics. ;)

I will no longer post a full review at all...My last was for Hawaii. I will add a comment from experience when I feel urged to do so but the only ones that will now get a full review from me are the corporate offices of whichever cruise line I sailed...via snail mail; no on line survery.

So no NCL review on their boards either???

:(

You are absolutely right that there are bigger worries. There are also plenty of forums out there to share those worries... this one, however, pertains to cruising and not current affairs and world politics. ;)

Thank you thank you thank you!

So no NCL review on their boards either???

No...No reviews. If I see any questions over there that I can answer or give an opinion, I will definitely share from my experience but to do an entire review, no.

It's just not worth it. (Even though the boards over there are a lot more civilized LOL)

Maybe one day I'll feel motivated to do it again.

No...No reviews. If I see any questions over there that I can answer or give an opinion, I will definitely share from my experience but to do an entire review, no.

It's just not worth it. (Even though the boards over there are a lot more civilized LOL)

OK then ... all the more reason to book the Epic then :) Personal reviews!

I agree, just not worth it for the time and effort it takes to have people bash you for talking about a few of the non-perfect things on a cruise. They can ignore 5 pages of stuff that was great and will hone in on only the negative. I may change my mind down the road, but I don't have plans to write any more, either.

BTW - I also loved your Hawaii review!

It's not only the 'same idiots'. Even though some newbies are rational, others are definitely not and have made it obvious that they do not like hearing anything negative, even when the review is balanced.

They start threads that say "why all the negativity'?? or..."I am scared because there are so many negative reviews of *fill in the ship*....totally lloking past the numerous good reviews and/or comments.

Or my recent, personal favorite :rolleyes:. . ."Is this what it's like when you get old?" thread. Never happier to see that one go poof!

I read every review with a grain of salt...I prefer to read what was good and what wasn`t...doesn`t mean I won`t try it...I may like it.

Too many people just don`t seem to have a mind of their own and freely take the opinion of a complete stranger ...:(

I read every review with a grain of salt...I prefer to read what was good and what wasn`t...doesn`t mean I won`t try it...I may like it.

Too many people just don`t seem to have a mind of their own and freely take the opinion of a complete stranger ...:(

Exactly why I shouldn't bother.

Why would anyone take the immense amount of time it takes to put together a review...sometimes with pictures, when just a handful will find it helpful?

OK then ... all the more reason to book the Epic then Personal reviews!

If we book a cruise, it will be the Nov (2nd is it??) Epic...but I am trying to talk my DH into London for fall (Sept/Oct) of 2013. (land vacation)

I did buy a cruise rewards thingie though, so Epic isn't totally out of the running yet. :)

Or my recent, personal favorite . . ."Is this what it's like when you get old?" thread. Never happier to see that one go poof!

I hear ya!

If we book a cruise, it will be the Nov (2nd is it??) Epic...but I am trying to talk my DH into London for fall (Sept/Oct) of 2013. (land vacation)

I did buy a cruise rewards thingie though, so Epic isn't totally out of the running yet. :)

!

OK, I shall go with that update then!!! London would be nice too, btw:)

Oh yeah, you have the correct date too.

Again? He did that yesterday and the OP was promptly trashed by that coven.

If the OP was trashed by the coven, it was probably because the ship has no record of ANY cabin having plumbing problems or Guest Services receiving any complaints that match what the OP was supposedly experiencing.

Archived