Margaritaville falmouth

cndcruiser65

We heard they are building a Margarittaville bar in Falmouth Jamacia. Can anyone confirm this. We will be there in October and wondering if it will be open by then or will we have to go to Montego Bay.?

While I can confirm that a Margaritaville is being built at Falmouth, I'm not sure how soon it is scheduled to open. We will be there on Allure in December and it is my understanding that it will be open by then. Sometimes "island time" dictates that things take longer than originally planned.

While I can confirm that a Margaritaville is being built at Falmouth, I'm not sure how soon it is scheduled to open. We will be there on Allure in December and it is my understanding that it will be open by then. Sometimes "island time" dictates that things take longer than originally planned.

We too will be going back in Dec. This was all I could find concerning Margaritaville:

The future of Falmouth looks bright as well, with 85% of the shore-side retain entertainment now open and by fall the world's largest Jimmy Buffet Margaritaville will open. When it does it open, it will be an enormous and elaborate facility including a pirate ship on its side, waterslides, jaccuzis and bars.

We heard they are building a Margarittaville bar in Falmouth Jamacia. Can anyone confirm this. We will be there in October and wondering if it will be open by then or will we have to go to Montego Bay.?

I would NOT recommend you waste your time going to the one in Mo'Bay. We did this and it was the biggest waste of money and we had the most boring experience we had ever had while on a cruise.

It was nothing like the other ones we are used to or been to while in ports. The bathroom was so nasty that I nearly got sick when I walked in. I can't believe Jimmy Buffet is ok with any of his places being this bad.

We left 2 hrs early and went back to the ship.

If you guys do go, please just be prepared! It's not what you expect. There is nothing around. Our shuttle driver told us it's not in the best location and not to wander off from the restaurant. It's not in the touristy area at all, so just be prepared.

We had a very difficult time getting there from the ship...our shuttle driver

forced everyone off at an open air market along the way and said another shuttle will pick you up in 20 min or so...and some cruise mates paid with a credit card at Margaritaville and found out at our next port that their credit card # had been stolen. The service and food were not very good either.

I would NOT recommend you waste your time going to the one in Mo'Bay. We did this and it was the biggest waste of money and we had the most boring experience we had ever had while on a cruise.

It was nothing like the other ones we are used to or been to while in ports. The bathroom was so nasty that I nearly got sick when I walked in. I can't believe Jimmy Buffet is ok with any of his places being this bad.

If you guys do go, please just be prepared! It's not what you expect. There is nothing around. Our shuttle driver told us it's not in the best location and not to wander off from the restaurant. It's not in the touristy area at all, so just be prepared.

That's funny. It sounds like our experience. Almost 20 years ago we went to a (counterfeit?/unlicensed?) Hard Rock in Montego Bay. It had office lobby chairs (armless cloth seat and back and chrome) and formica wood grain tables, elementary school linoleum tile floor and sort of fake Hard Rock things and posters as decor. And counterfeit T-shirts.

We laughed about it, "Sure...this a real Hard Rock. Not. :D" The Red Stripe beer was good though, and less expensive than onboard. :D

We would not waste our time going to Montego Bay for a Margaritaville either. If they build one in Falmouth...Great! We will check it out. Jamaica is still unfortunately, Jamaica. It is a beautiful country, but not one of our favorite port stops. :)

We have been to most of the Margaretavilles in the Caribbean. We were fortunate enough to be in Grand Cayman the day they opened. We stopped in, and could not get an alcoholic drink. They didn't have their liquor license yet, as they had forgotten to invite the one that needs to sign the paper to the party the night before. They had their doors open for food, but no alcoholic drinks could be sold until they got their license signed! This was right about lunchtime. Not sure if and when that day they were finally able to start selling the "good drinks"! LOL

Will look forward to now going to the Falmouth location. Sounds like lots of fun. We will be there in Feb./2013 from the Independence of the Seas.

Is the Margaritaville in Falmouth open, or not?? LOL..... I would love the full deal, water slide, bar, restaurant, water fun etc etc..... We will be there week of Oct 14th, and I was looking forward to going there, if there is one! :D

Edited by Winegirl58

I'm not a fan of Marg'vil way over priced and the last one I was in (Grand Caymans I believe) served these expensive drinks in cheap plastic cups.

In January we were told by people at the Margarittaville stands in Falmouth that they were opening a full Margarittaville later this year. They even pointed out where it would be located. Hope it's open by January. However, the Margarittaville Carribbean website doesnt mention one located in Falmouth. Guess we will have to wait and see.

• 3 months later...
In January we were told by people at the Margarittaville stands in Falmouth that they were opening a full Margarittaville later this year. They even pointed out where it would be located. Hope it's open by January. However, the Margarittaville Carribbean website doesnt mention one located in Falmouth. Guess we will have to wait and see.

Please let us know if it is open when you go! I will be heading on the same crusie 2 weeks after you! Thank you... Fingers crossed

• 1 month later...

falmouth will be a while before its open, as I was there on the 12th. We went to Montego Bay and I had the worst margarita ever!, don't waste your time. Nothing fun going on at all. Cozumel wasn't much better. Grand caymans was the best of this trip. It was fun and the drinks were good, but be prepared to pay about 1 1/2 times more!:eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it is open. I was there on Feb. 28th.

They weren't quite up to speed but serving both drinks and food.

I asked one of the bartenders how long they had been open and he said 2 days. There isn't a pool or a slide, but they do have a sort of splash area with a big plastic shark in it. (They were really pushing people to buy the drinks in a blender or tumbler glass, which end up being more than twice the menu price of a drink. YMMV but I had one drink in a blender cup and for a $20 drink I ought to at least feel a buzz.) A lot of folks were sticking to the Red Stripe bottles, which in hindsight was probably the better deal.

Pictures:

https://plus.google.com/photos/110777635243977819033/albums/5851271809615825233#photos/110777635243977819033/albums/5851271809615825233

Was just there as well. Real nice place but nothings really open yet. Very pushy obnoxious bartender named Joe was pushing the souvenir cups which worked out to $45 for 2! Ridiculous! Don't get suckered in. Will be great when it's finally fully open.