Benedict in Blu

dinosaurdem

Can you get eggs benedict in Blu?
This item is not on the Blu menu. I asked my (novice) waiter this very question last year on Silhouette. The waiter did a lot of "hemming and hawing" and looked befuddled etc. He seemed to be looking for a polite way to say "No" but was struggling with it. So, I let him off the hook and said "Never mind".

I have read here that it might be easier to get this item on an M-class ship since the Blu kitchen is shared with the MDR kitchen (?) which is not the case on S-Class ships. Too bad for me since the only time during the year I have eggs Benedict is on a cruise.

Bagel?

Let's get one thing straight.....there are no bagels on any Celebrity ship! They do have rolls with the middle missing that are sort of shaped to look like bagels, but if you are thinking of a NY Bagel, bring your own :)

On a more positive note, their smoked salmon is consistently outstanding.

I believe that eggs benedict are actually made with english muffins rather than bagels, although given my first comment, I guess they could make them equally well with a Celebrity "bagel" so your question is really ok...I'm just kidding with you, being from NY orginally.

I never really asked if they had the canadian bacon....I'd rather have their version with smoked salmon.....

Let's get one thing straight.....there are no bagels on any Celebrity ship! They do have rolls with the middle missing that are sort of shaped to look like bagels, but if you are thinking of a NY Bagel, bring your own :)

On a more positive note, their smoked salmon is consistently outstanding.

I believe that eggs benedict are actually made with english muffins rather than bagels, although given my first comment, I guess they could make them equally well with a Celebrity "bagel" so your question is really ok...I'm just kidding with you, being from NY orginally.

I never really asked if they had the canadian bacon....I'd rather have their version with smoked salmon.....

I concur,vis-a-vis the English muffins. I also agree with your view of the quality of the smoked salmon. I have always had my eggs benedict with the Canadian bacon; however, I would not be adverse to the salmon.

As a matter of fact, I usually visit Michael's Club for lox and bagel, sans bagel and cream cheese, before going to Blu for a full breakfast.

LOL! Yeah, nothing beats a NY bagel :)

I was very impressed with the poached eggs (in all their various disguises) on a recent Silhouette cruise. No matter in which dining venue I ordered poached eggs (including room service and the buffet), they were always textbook perfect. Runny yolks ans warm throughout. Most restaurants, cafe's and hotels on land cannot pull this of on a consistant basis.

:-)

Archived