Will we have rough water

snow2day

We've done this twice, once out of San Diego on the Volendam and once out of LA on the Queen Victoria. Both cruises were over the Xmas, New Years Holiday. The first 2 days out of San Diego were rough. The rest of the trip was fine. The cruise on the Queen Victoria was fine, but the weather was too cold to ever use the pool. The answer is, you never know.

I understand there is some stream that comes up the coast of CA that can cause rough seas.

Cruisers have reported they have experienced rough seas for a day or two out of and into San Diego but you can never positively predict motion of the ocean. Come prepared with whichever seasickness treatment you prefer, just in case.

Likely for your first two seas day and your last two sea days it will be on the cool side, with winds and potentially rough seas from time to time.

Best to hope for the best but come prepared for the potential of some rough seas.

Keith

We are also sailing in November out of San Diego. DH and I are not prone to seasickness but if the waters are rough, what is a good remedy to bring with us just in case we do feel a little queasy:)

My husband took ginger pills when he felt queasy due to the seas and it worked like a charm for him~

You will likely experience rough waters on your first 2 days, you can encounter some roughness among the islands and then with your trip from the islands to Ensenada and on up to San Francisco you will likely have 3 more days of roughness.

Archived