Sailing out of OPT

You can hand over your main luggage then (if you wish) wander around before you check in and board the ship.

The OPT is virtually in The Rocks, the most historic part of Sydney, as well as being close to the Harbour Bridge. There is plenty to see close by. The Opera House is a bit further away, and might be best enjoyed from the distance.:)

You also get a good view of the climbers on the Harbour Bridge from the Opera House.

Time permitting, there is a nice walk along the Harbour waterfront, under the Harbour Bridge, then past the restored historic finger wharves.

I always stop at a little Italian bike cafe on the waterfront for the cheapest good coffee in Sydney. The view between the wharves of local people fishing and the boats on the harbour comes free.

Scratching my head.....what in the hell is a bike cafe? We r on 2 2 nighters this month down to Syd and back I may have to go and check that out......if I can drag myself off the ship...lol

if you are on the 22nd october on the Sun Princess Sydney Port have you going from wharf 5 so you will be able to go under the harbour bridge

Yes, still might go for a bit of a walk tho.....I want to check out this bike cafe, it's got me thinking :D

'Bike cafe,' ..you know the places where all those strange people with shaven legs and wearing lycra sip their Lattes and chew on their Eggs Benedict on a Sunday morning after terrorising the City traffic on their bicycles. GRRRRR LOL.

Re OPT, we sailed out of OPT to Southampton - on Arcadia this year, around midnight, plenty of pax and crew on board including the Poms doing the 'Wordlie', had a real good night out in Sydney Town before we departed. OPT is a great place to sail from and so accessible by CityRail train via Circular Quay Station, couple of hundred metres walk if that.

'Bike cafe,' ..you know the places where all those strange people with shaven legs and wearing lycra sip their Lattes and chew on their Eggs Benedict on a Sunday morning after terrorising the City traffic on their bicycles. GRRRRR LOL.

Yes, plus attached to a bike shop.

Archived