Our kids are 16 and 18 yr olds which lines work best

cruznluvr3

The kids have matured now and I'm afraid they may have reached the age that cruise lines have nothing to offer them. They are (16yr old girl and 18 yrs old boy) too old to want to be with the kids zones and too young to go into the clubs where there is music and dancing. Please help:confused: Any recommendations on which cruise lines offer activities that are best suited for this age group? Any one else run into this problem? Leaving them at home is not an option.

I appreciate your help.

At this age, most of these young adults will meet up with others their age and spend time with their new friends during the cruise.

The 18 year old can go to all the areas where there is music and dancing. The 16 year can also except for Skywalker's (on the ships that have them) after 10 PM.

IMO - RCCL would probably be a better fit unless they are teens that can enjoy time on their own or you cruise when there will be a ton of teens such as holidays or spring break.

18 year olds are often an odd age on ships as they are too old for the teen program but too young to drink. Though they can get into the night clubs.

I would look into RCCL or if you pick a time with a lot of teens, teens will attract other teens and hang out together and make their own fun.

Definitely RCI - there's a lot more for them to do. Go for at the very least, the Freedom Class ships and at best, the Oasis Class ships.

Although they love the service, atmosphere and food on Princess, my kids definitely started getting bored once they turned about 14 and even more so once they were in the 16-19 age range. Their first choice is RCI for the outdoor activities.

I would like to know which itinerary...Caribbean, Med, Alaska,etc. that you are planning with your family. If you are thinking of the Caribbean, my teenage kids (16 and 13) and my neice and nephew (ages 19 and 17) at time of sailing looved the Oasis. We have in fact, reserved another Holiday Sailing next year with extended family. If you are cruising the Med, I do not think the ship is as important as the itineray....A we were so busy exploring off ship with our kids that the ship activities were overlooked. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Archived