Rita's Fiesta, worth it ?

Hi everyone,

We are thinking of reserving the package. We had lunch at Rita's once and liked the food. Is the package worth it (whole experience) or shoud we just go for the regular dinner ? We are a family of 4, me, H, DS 17 and DD 14, I am the only one drinking ;) Thank you.

YES!!!

Our group of 7 went last year and LOVED it!

The teenagers can have "virgin" frozen daquiri drinks- mine loved them!

The food was great, and the staff puts on a show with lots of singing

and dancing the entire time. They really get everyone up off their feet.

We will do it again for sure!!

The adult drinks were very good. I had a mojito and frozen margarita's.

Save room for dinner- they give you ALOT!

My wife, my 21 year old DS and I went to the special night at Rita's and it was well worth it. Three Margarittas and lots of food for those over 21 and virgin margarittas for those under 21. The food was great but the party atmosphere was even better. The DJ got everyone dancing and singing. Rita comes to all the tables and greats everyone. Passersby that walked by the party were envious

Just off Allure today. We didn't love the Fiesta party. We were seated with people who don't speak English. Atmosphere was fun, though. Will probably be good for your teens. Similar to Señor Frogs but PG rated. We thought the food was not good, but we live in Texas, so probably should not have expected good Mexican food on a cruise ship. You get 3 drinks. They are decent, but you would spend about the same $20 on 3 drinks elsewhere. We were glad we tried it, but wouldn't do it again. Otherwise, the Allure was amazing!!!

When you go there is there an option to just do nachos and drinks, or do you have to have the meal?

I was looking to do something after the shows to snack on.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Sue and crew

(safe travels)

Sue, the Fiesta party is only on certain nights and only lasts two hours. On the Eastern itinerary, it was Day 1 6-8pm, Day 4 and Day 5 8:30-10:30pm. Any other time, you can have nachos and drinks, or order whatever you'd like from the menu.

To the OP, you may want to hang out at or near the Boardwalk Bar during the first party, then decide whether it's right for you and your family based on what you observe.

Food was packaged tortilla chips (not fresh made), packaged salsa, shrimp and chicken quesadillas, shrimp flautas (and something else I don't remember), refried beans, and chicken and beef fajitas, churros with chocolate sauce and flan.

Sue,

You can go there for nachos and drinks when it is open during the lunch or dinner hours. But the "Fiesta Party" is held 3 different nights and can not be changed. It is a routine with appetizers served 1st, dancing, the main course, more dancing, then dessert. Plus the 3 drinks when you order them. They give you a bracelet that has tabs labeled with 1,2,3 and they collect each tab when you order the drinks. Thats how they know you get your 3 drinks. We really enjoyed it! I think the Fiesta party is worth going just for the drinks!

We celebrated my DW's birthday there last October. We had a good time. I found the food to be good.... black bean soup was really good....and so were the fish tacos. (though I'm not sure you get those 2 options as part of the fiesta deal....may have to order that a la carte). I'm certain fajitas were included. They weren't the most awesome I've ever had, but I didn't leave any on my plate either. Like someone else said, the salsa is out of a jar....but that didn't stop us from enjoying ourselves. I think Rita's Fiesta was one of the better values for the money on the ship.

Guess my experience was a bit different than others. We did not enjoy it at all and though the drinks were good, the food and service were not. They had totally overbooked our fiesta and shoved 9 of us at a table for 6 (after losing our reservation). Things went down hill from there. It really wasn't worth it to any of us. Oh, and it was extemely loud!

Guess my experience was a bit different than others. We did not enjoy it at all....!

We agree. We did the Fiesta, and yes, $20 for food and 3 alcoholic drinks is definitely not a bad deal, but the atmosphere, while fun, wasn't truly our thing. I think we're "sliiiiiightly" past that kind of entertainment. (We're now in the "30 something with small kids" age group :o)

If you've been to Senor Frog's or Carlos N' Charlie's, you'll know what Rita's Fiesta is about. Dance music with a DJ. "Rita" cheering people on to do shots, participate in booty shaking contests, and get up and dance while blowing a whistle over and over.

Food was Ok, but the "family style" concept (where you are sharing with strangers the food from big platters in the middle of the table) wasn't very appealing, specially when the drunk guy across from you is licking his fingers and reaching for more churros. :(

A lot of people were having an absolute blast, but I guess it all depends on who you are and what you consider entertaining. There was a time when I absolutely loved that kind of atmosphere as well, but it's just not our thing anymore.

DSCF8717.jpg

DSCF8716.jpg

DSCF8710.jpg

Hi everyone,

We are thinking of reserving the package. We had lunch at Rita's once and liked the food. Is the package worth it (whole experience) or shoud we just go for the regular dinner ? We are a family of 4, me, H, DS 17 and DD 14, I am the only one drinking ;) Thank you.

Im guessing 60% will say yes and 40% will say no.... I personally liked it. The food was good, not great but ok and the dancing and all was quite fun. For 25 bux you cant go wrong

Archived