My BVE Experince On The Star Princess...

USNUZULOOSE

I am starting this a little late. I was wiped out from the trip and Sunday was busy. This is my first time posting on a TR here. I hope you enjoy it. It will have many pictures. Please forgive me , I have never been on the Princess line, so I may not have a knowledge of all the pictures I took. As staying on track with the person who gave the tour I took the pictures and ran...

30c2580d.gif

This is the picture of the ship as we were waiting..It was so busy in the port that day.

016-7.jpg

This was our waiting area to get on..

050-5.jpg

This is where we boarded, I was so excited!

051-6.jpg

The elevators, they are very slow, that was about the only thing I can say that was hard to deal with. Other than that if I had been cruising it would have been a wonderful experience.

053-5.jpg

This is a start, I will post more later...

You know I don't think I even noticed the little lights. This was a beautiful ship , compared to my 3 sailings on one of the other lines. I will be kind and not mention the name. I am very accepting to hear feed back from you experienced cruisers on this line. We may be canceling a trip , to book a trip to Hawaii on the Grand Princess next year.:D

I am starting this a little late. I was wiped out from the trip and Sunday was busy. This is my first time posting on a TR here. I hope you enjoy it. It will have many pictures. Please forgive me , I have never been on the Princess line, so I may not have a knowledge of all the pictures I took. As staying on track with the person who gave the tour I took the pictures and ran...30c2580d.gif

This is the picture of the ship as we were waiting..It was so busy in the port that day.

016-7.jpg

This was our waiting area to get on..

050-5.jpg

This is where we boarded, I was so excited!

051-6.jpg

The elevators, they are very slow, that was about the only thing I can say that was hard to deal with. Other than that if I had been cruising it would have been a wonderful experience.

053-5.jpg

This is a start, I will post more later...

Elevators are usually very slow on the first day of a cruise because many of them are used by the staff for delivering luggage and only some of them are open for the passengers to use. This usually improves as the cruise progresses.

Oh, thank you, that would make sense. It would not make or break the cruise for me. I can always use stairs. I am cruising! Does anyone know if they replaced Slywalkers with something else on the Grand? Is she out of dry dock?

About 20 months ago Skywalkers was removed and the One5 club and lounge was added on deck 15.

I see from the pics the elevators also have those teeny tiny lights I hate.

What teeny tiny lights are you seeing?

The up/down arrows? Button to summon the elevators? The injdication of which deck the elevator is at? Something else?

What teeny tiny lights are you seeing?

The up/down arrows? Button to summon the elevators? The injdication of which deck the elevator is at? Something else?

I think she is refering to the white lights under the doorway area near the top of the doors.

We continued to the Captain's Circle where you can purchase your FCC's, I also asked about the FCC's and how long they were good for. It was explained that starting Oct 13th they will only be good for 2 yrs and not 4.

060-7.jpg

Around the corner was The Crown Grill

057-8.jpg

059-6.jpg

316-1.jpg

This is the Movies Under The Stars

064-5.jpg

Up next is the starting of the pools. This woman moved so fast....

Sorry everyone, I was having a horrible time with my photobucket account.

This is one of the pools. I will post on pools

066-2.jpg

070-2.jpg

136-2.jpg

072-2.jpg

Do you know if the middle pool has a retractable roof? Looks like it might!

Oh, thank you, that would make sense. It would not make or break the cruise for me. I can always use stairs. I am cruising! Does anyone know if they replaced Slywalkers with something else on the Grand? Is she out of dry dock?

I was on the Grand before and after Skywalkers was removed and I think it was a great improvement. Not a big fan of the "shopping cart" silhouette. It made the back of the ship much sunnier and more open.

Sue

Archived