Which cruise line?

cruisesoon

We are planning on doing the South American cruise the winter of 2014. I am debating between Celebrity (Infinity) 02 March and Princess (Golden) 15 February. Any opinions? Princess does the Falkland Islands. Both cruises are 14 days.

Both cruise lines are fine.

I would read reviews on both ships and try to pick the one that works best for you.

Personally, I prefer Celebrity over Princess but either one will provide a nice experience.

While the Falkland Islands is nice to see (we enjoyed seeing the Penguins there but there will also be other opportunities at other stops) it is a tender port and sometimes because of strong wind the port stop has to be cancelled.

Keith

I would read reviews on both ships and try to pick the one that works best for you.

Personally, I prefer Celebrity over Princess but either one will provide a nice experience.

While the Falkland Islands is nice to see (we enjoyed seeing the Penguins there but there will also be other opportunities at other stops) it is a tender port and sometimes because of strong wind the port stop has to be cancelled.

Keith

As do we.

Another vote for Princess................

I think that yours was the first for Princess (not another). However, I'd add my vote for Princess. Actually, I'm booked on the Star Princess around the tip of SA--coming up in Feb/Mar of 2013.

To the OP: Have you sailed on either of these cruise lines? Which do you like best? What other cruise lines have you been on? Did you like them? Why or why not?

Keith

That could be a problem ..

I think we are now leaning towards Princess. We have been on most of the major lines but have sailed Princess the most. We are looking at their cruisetour at the end of the cruise. Has anyone done this? It does Buenos Aires, the Falls and Rio.

• 2 weeks later...
I think we are now leaning towards Princess. We have been on most of the major lines but have sailed Princess the most. We are looking at their cruisetour at the end of the cruise. Has anyone done this? It does Buenos Aires, the Falls and Rio.

What about prices. Everytime that I check Princess, their prices are higher than X.

What about HAL on the smaller Veendam?
One of the big problems with this suggestion is that the Veendam isn't sailing this itinerary in 2014. If the OP wants to also consider a HAL ship, it will be the Zaandam - a ship we would greatly prefer over the Veendam anyway.

Archived