back to back 7 night cruise or a 10 day?

brenjmull2

We are looking to do a cruise in Jan into Febuary,, we are looking at the Princess Emerald 10 night carribean cruise, for a balcony it is 1750 each.. We had a balcony on the Crown and loved it,not sure if I could ever do an inside cabin now. Or we can do a back to back 7 night,, spending one night in FLorida in between. the cost is about 1900 each. I am not sure if once I get off I will want to go thru getting back on,, or will I be sick of it? I loved the 7 night we were on and didnt want to get off at all.. I could save lots of mone by doing an inside cabin, but really want the balcony.. does anyone know of any other 10-14 day cruises out there or have any of you done the back to back and liked it?

Spending a night in Florida between cruises is not a true back-to-back cruise.

We have done tons and tons of back-to-back cruises where we stay on the same ship and do 2 different itineraries. And we love them. We book early enough to get the same cabin for both segments. I would not want to back up -- stay a night in a hotel -- go through all that process of getting on another ship and unpacking again. JMO

I agree stay on the same ship for a true B2B

Once I am off I heading home

Some lines offer 2 different itineraries so you can enjoy a different cruise each segment

We are doing a 14 day + a 10 day B2B in March

Shop around

Another vote for doing a 'true' back-to-back.

Book a ship that does an alternating itinerary and stay on for two cruises. We've done a great many of that style cruise and love them. :)

I would pick back to back because it is 4 more days cruising!!!

Have you thought about Ocean View - I have been in inside twice and really do not like it. However, I am fine with an oceanview cabin - Balcony is nice but if I wanted to save some $$$ I would book an oceanview guarantee and hope that the upgrade fairy would pay a visit.

:)

I'd rather do a back-to-back on 2 different ships, so the shows and onboard entertainment would be different. I know that RCI picks up the hotel stay in between the two cruises - perhaps Princess does the same.

What ships are involved in the b2b that you are considering, and what ports are involved? I think these would be crucial in making a decision.

They are both princess cruises. One is the Ruby and the other is the the caribean. I too feel that getting off the ship and back on could be a pain. I just wanted 14 days cruising. I guess i will keep looking. There is a princess 14 day cruise that goes out jan 12 for 14 days. The goal was to be on the ship feb 1st as that is my 50th bday.

We found 2 back to backs that we really like,, but the one comes into port sat morning and we would have to get off ship and reboard the other ship,, is this doable? We can not find any back to back where we can stay on the ship unless we do the princess crown.. We were on it 2 years ago.

How bad would this be??

we found a single longer cruise that we like, it is HAL amsterdam Neiuw? It is a 14 night cruise but I dont know much about that Line of ships.. The two princess cruises taht would be back to back are different ships with different Itineraries, that is why we would need to get off one ship and board the other.. I am asking if this could be done?

Not sure of your question. Can you get off one Princess ship and get on another? Yes. If there happens to be two Princess ships sailing from the same port on the same day, but doing different routes.

Our last B2B was on the N. Amsterdam. 14 wonderful days. And that is why we have booked and are planning more B2Bs.

The only downside to a B2B is that menus and entertainment, (or most entertainment) will repeat. On a single, longer cruise, there are no repeats.

This isn't totally true. HAL, for one, now has their entertainment staff know additional routines such that you may see new entertainment on the second portion of your cruise. Additionally, menus may vary some. Not a lot, but some.

The cruise lines are very aware of the popularity of B2Bs, and is trying, at least a little, to shake things up a little. This would be moderately easy on a 7 day/7day B2B, but on longer B2Bs, it gets harder.

Furthering the "cruise lines are on this" concept, HAL seems to regularly, at least in the Caribbean, have their ships not repeat the same route every week, so B2Bs become easier to plan and more appealing.

Well we are narrowing it down to either the Emerald Princess 14 day Jan 12, or the HAL neiuw amsterdam Jan6th for 14 days. I wanted to be on the ship Feb 1st, but unless we do a same b2b on the crown princess or a b2b with carnival,(which I hear are filled with kids???) we will have to chose between those two.. any thoughts? Is carnival that bad?

Archived